No one and I mean no one knows how to talk to people anymore! Ironic considering my username: 2shy2speak isn't so 2shy2type. These dating apps are infiltrating 21st century love culture. Compare it to food if you must; momma's good ole meat loaf to fast food five guys burgers!!! I don't know about you but I would kill for my mom's cooking. Yes fast food is good but was it made with the same effort?
Here are my top 5 reasons why we should do away with the dating apps:
1. The dates won't take you seriously.
You meet a great guy on the app, he's stunning, witty, knows how to show you a great night, and has a job! You carry on texting him/her and they're hot and ready to invite you over. You'll never gain anything serious from them. The response you'll get is "I met you off the internet and wasn't expecting anything serious from this."
2. A quick way for many to get laid.
You'll meet many strange people that won't even have the courtesy to ask you out on a date! They'll jump the gun and start making sex plans.
This happened to a friend of mine while she was studying abroad in France! While Her story is extreme, you can refer yourself to catfish episodes for more stories. A student at the university in France decide to help the professor catch a young hot date one Tinder! He did all the messaging but then when they were set for a date, he informed her that his professor would show up instead.
4. Age and dating has always been a problem.
Think back to when you used to sneak into the club. Yeah, a lot of these apps use cheap methods to verify age. Make sure the person you meet on these apps is of age. I always ask for drivers licences even if they're old. I want to know this person well enough to be sipping Bordeaux with them.
5. No real courting period.
Do I have to explain this one? Go ask your parents how they met. The small quirky things that went on and so much more! You won't really get much of this out of the app.
I guess will have to tell all our kids we met off of these apps!
Most Helpful Opinions
The issue isn't tinder it's this:
1. Women aren't rewarding men for taking them on date/treating them like human beings. Instead they are rewarding other men with sex, men who escalate things quickly to sex and tend to treat them like sex dolls. In addition, women fall in love with men they fuck very often more so than men (dat der emotional bond) and more often than not want a relationship with said male. Hence we see so many women preach "all men want is sex"
2. Women don't take dating seriously themselves. They think all men are fuckboys because those are the guys they keep going for (see 1.). They then think some of the things fuckboys do such as make her wait days/hours for text, talking to other girls behind her back, cheating on her, and messaging other niggas and/or sleeping with them while simultaneously dating her are all normal activities that most guys do. So a lot of women do these same things towards normal guys who actually want a relationship/girl to love them.
3. Men talk. Men are aware of what is going on and the raw deal some of them are getting where girls basically put you on a shelf to stew while she is off fucking other men and then give you a chance when she needs you. This doesn't sit well. No guy wants to be a cuck chasing a girl, romancing her while Chad swoops into the inter rim and smashes her as you build rapport with her. So men are basically saying why am i going on all these dates and spending 3 month+ on a girl who most likely fucked another guy within 1st week of meeting him.
4. Women do not adhere to gender roles but yet expect men to. They don't act like ladies yet expect to be courted and treated like ladies. In addition, many woman these days actually shriek at you for being chivalrous such as holding the door for them.
5. Women do not make an effort in dating. They expect men to do everything from asking out, planning dates, inviting them, entertaining them and they only ever seem to have redeeming quality of providing sex these days. Why would a guy go through all this for months if he can find another girl willing to put out as faster?
Point number 4 you made, is a point that needs to be mentioned more often! There are plenty of girls out there, that don't act like proper, mannerable ladies... yet want to be courted like one.
I actually agree with you on all five points. I've been guilty of them myself in the passed. But maturity and learning self respect helped me see how much I was short changing myself by not seeking out the courtship. 27 year old me wishes she could reach back in time and smack the shit out of 19 year old me. The majority of women who you described here aren't women at all, they are broken, insecure little girls who need to learn to be women. Unfortunately it has become socially acceptable to never stop being that person.
#3 is a very valid point. Not all women or guys do this, but there was a girl I was seeing a few months ago that I had an amazing first date with. We had so much in common and I saw potential then it was weird. For 3 weeks straight, we'd talk every other day whether it be through text or social media and when I'd ask her out, only once a week by the way, she'd say maybe, she's busy, etc only to cancel and never reschedule.
Then I started looking for other women, then she's all over me and asks me out. The last time I saw her was fucked up and showed her true colors. She invites me over spur of the moment, get drinks and then when right before we had sex at the end, there was a condom wrapper from someone else just laying in her bed. She then ditched me afterwards like it was my fault I saw it, when she invited me to her place and into her bedroom.
@bloodmountain1990 Oh wow, that girl was so immature and broken! Shows you first hand that not all of these girls are perfect angels.
@Prof_Don well no one is perfect really. But yeah on top of that, she blocked me from all social media. I was just disappointed because for someone that's a grad student and seemed open minded, I was very disappointed.