My One Night Prince...

You've heard of one night stands- no need to explain it, but I'm gonna talk about my real life one night prince. Maybe you've heard about it before, maybe you haven't but it's a fairly new discovery for me.

So, just like every fairy tale this one totally begins with "Once upon a time."

Once upon a time, there was this guy I knew from work. Let's call him Charming, because he was exactly that- charming. He was a smooth talker and a big flirt. And always had a smile on his face.

Charming would always help me out with stuff and would always talk with me in a flirty way, but I've never read too much into it because I knew it was just a joke.

Then one day, I've overheard him talking to other coworkers (he was whispering), and he said that he was into me but that I always blew him off (he would compliment me and I would say stuff like: "Shut up.", "Just let me do my job." etc. even though I enjoyed his compliments). Charming saw me standing right around the corner and freaked and went outside to light a cigarette (he was a nervous smoker).

I didn't really believe what I heard but I thought to myself: "Why would he be so nervous that I've found out if he wasn't being honest?" And then I started thinking that it might be totally possible that he's into me so I decided to give him a chance. I asked him to go out with me that same day and his face lit up like Christmas lights.

We agreed to meet the next day after work and he said he was gonna call me. But guess what? He didn't. The next day I confronted him at work and he told me he had some problems and it was bad timing (I'm not gonna share what stopped him but he had a legit reason).

We agreed we were gonna go out some other time but we didn't say when. After that I was working the afternoon shift and my colleague told me that Charming was waiting for me outside in his car- think Cinderella and her carriage. And I didn't really believe that but I looked outside and there he was- Charming waiting in his for me in the rain. We stayed at work up until half past midnight and I guess Charming got tired of waiting so he went home.

I confronted him the next day-as usual- and he told me it was really late and that he couldn't wait anymore. But hey, he did get points for just showing up. So, this time, he said he was gonna wait for me after work and that we were gonna go out for a walk.

This time he actually kept his promise and we went for a late night walk. We started talking about ourselves and it was sweet and it seemed like he wanted to get to know me. I remember asking him how come he liked me and for how long and he said that he likes "bold girls" and that he liked me for about a month. He asked me if I liked him and I- I'm not proud of this part- I lied and said yes. I didn't really like him- I was simply attracted to him.

Then one thing let to another and we started cuddling on a park bench like your typical teenagers. Then we kissed (at midnight!) and put on Ed Sheeran and started dancing and it was really magical. He was kissing my neck and whispering in my ear that we were gonna dance every night.

I want to say that sparks flew when we kissed but for me it was like nothing. I felt nothing when we kissed. He wasn't a bad kisser, his lips felt nice against mine, but that "wow factor" just wasn't there.

I just felt weird, it's like I was there but disconnected, if that makes any sense.

Anyway, we held hands and he promised he was gonna call me after that so we could go on a second date. And you can totally guess this part already- he didn't call. I texted him- because I genuinely wanted to give him a chance- and he gave me a new set of excuses. Like always, we agreed to meet after work to go for a drink. This time he told me he came an hour earlier and that he couldn't wait anymore and seemed very mad (he sent a bunch of angry texts)- although we agreed to meet at 7, apparently he showed up at 6- and I told him off what is his problem and he was very vague about it. I expected him to yell at me but he was all smiles when he saw me and I thought that was very weird.

We walked for about half an hour and then he said he has other stuff to do and, again, we agreed to go for a date the next date. We kissed for goodbye and that's it. This time I texted him and he told me he got stuck at work and that he would call me after he was done.

You can guess what happened next- he never called me. Why? God knows I don't know- maybe this was all a game, maybe I scared him off, maybe he noticed I wasn't into him, there's no point in trying to figure it out. You might say that I'm a total fool but I actually want to remember that night as a one night fairy tale- after all, we did dance to Ed Sheeran and share a midnight kiss.

What all of this meant to Charming? Just a little hook up or nothing, I'll never find out. But either way, I can't change him and can't change what did or didn't happen but I can remember it as one nice night. I'll never know what went wrong but then again, I think it's irrelevant at this point.

And perhaps I should be mad or sad or frustrated but I don't want to.

Like dr. Seuss said:

Don't cry because it's over smile because it happened.

I had a prince Charming for romantic night and that's all there is to it. My real prince Charming is somewhere out there, it's just a matter of time until I find him. Except that I'm more into crazy artists rather than princes. But that's another story.

And that's pretty much it. No regrets, no hard feelings, I just felt like I needed to share my experience.

Now, I'm curious to hear whether or not you had something similar happen to you! Do tell, I'm all ears :)

111

Most Helpful Guy

• Glad to know you had some experience , I had same experience , I met a girl online and she wanted to meet me. She travelled to a different city where I live to meet me , bought chocolates for me. I was bought her chocolates as well and a cake that I made... ( I don't know what to gift.. ) ..

She said she wanted to sit behind me while I ride my motorbike and take her to some pleast place. I did the same she held me from back. She was a stranger and we had already exchanged numbers. I don't know what happened , she got some trust issues she got afraid all of a sudden and asked me where , what place I took her. I told her she will be safe I promised her.. it was a decent fountain park where I took her and then she started crying and acting weird. It was the first girl I was so close to her in my life otherwise I never even touched any girl apart from her. I was afraid too because she started acting weird. All I said was sorry I made her uncomfortable and told her I would drop her where she wanted. She said she was afraid and wanted to go back. I dropped her back where she said. She thanked me and said sorry And we talked more on phone and after 2 days when I said I wanted to meet her again, she told me that she cannot talk to me coz she was already married. I was shocked and broken. She told me earlier ( prior to meeting me) that she never had a boyfriend. Then I tracked down her on face and found she was actually marriage with an Army officer.

Then I asked her why and he blocked me from WhatsApp. I called her and a man picked up her phone this time and I said sorry wrong number. Then I never called her again.

Most Helpful Girl

• i liked that quote

Join the discussion

What Guys Said 10

• Pretty sure he read that you weren't into him, pretty easy to tell. I've went out with girls that I could tell there wasn't a connection but they would still usually sleep with me.

• Guys can tell when a girl likes them. It's about what you don't say that's important too. Why did you make your date so late?

• No sex... I prefer to knock a ladies guts up in the park and not just kiss.

• Wow. It is an interesting story but I have never faced something similar.

By the way, where were you? You have been missed so much :)

• Congratulations.

• u r lucky

• Seems like a player

• @litty I agree with you brother

• I am curious, do you like more masculine, confident, aggressive men?

• I'm sorry if this offend you but, I think you got a deluded vision of what love his. It's probably because of the stories of fictional stuff you read as a child/teenager. Love is not something you will feel like a magical feeling. In some of the old text love was often used to describe an feminine orgasm. Since people had little understanding of what an orgasm was back then... well I'll let you think about it.

• And when I say old text I mean way before the Greek mythology text.

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!