8 Dating Trends That Are Taking 2018 By Storm

1) Ghostbusting

Ghostbusting refers to a person who continues to text you , even though you've ghosted them and you're clearly ignoring them

2) Flexting

Flextexting is when a person brags and boasts about themselves in a text message to impress you.But in real life, they aren't all they say they are

3) Cricketing

Cricketing is when someone deliberately leaves your text messages on 'read' and they don't respond until days or weeks later .

4) Seredipidating

Seredipidating is when someone keeps you hanging on by making excuses not to go on dates with you, or they keep pushing back dates.They do this in the hope someone better comes along

5) Pokemoning

Pokemoning is when someone collects as many partners as possible. You think that you're their only one ,but they actually have multiple partners

6) Caspering

Caspering is ghosting but in a "kind" and "considerate"way.They don't just ignore you without an explanation. Before they ignore you ,they offer some kind of explanation and warning. They do this so you are not left wondering why they aren't replying to your messages

7) Fauxbae’ing

This is when someone pretends to have a SO on social media to make their ex jealous, but really they’re single.

8.) Mosting

Mosting is a combination of love-bombing and ghosting. It's when someone love-bombs you,by showering you with lots of love and attention.They pretend to be smitten with you,and make you feel like "you are the one ". Then out of the blue ,they vanish.They just disappear from your life without a word

2954
Fitness-Fanatic is a GirlsAskGuys Editor
Who are Editors?

Most Helpful Guy

• Okay,
    1) putting the suffix -ing behind a word doesn't suddenly make it a verb
    2) none of these actions are new, why are you talking about them, as if only in [current year] 2018 they have suddenly popped up out of the blue, like a revelation of social discourse
    3) "fauxbae’ing", "mosting", you're just making shit up. Seriously, "Pokemoning"? I'm surprised Nintendo hasn't yet sent a DMCA taken notice for this one
    4) "8 Dating Trends That Are Taking 2018 By Storm", wow, the dating scene has really gone to shit in the last 10 years, hasn't it? I'm not even in a relationship and I don't have time for this.

Most Helpful Girl

• Lmao yea i eventually have to block those who keep ghostbusting me.
    I may have flextexted once in my life haha but i think lots of people do it.
    Omg i hate when my “friends” cricket me.
    I used to pokemon but i had to drop all my hoes when i met bae lmao.
    I actually caspered all those hoes.
    In 2014 i fell for this guy and he had appeared to fall for me. Skyping and everything went good. We had a date set to meet but he told me his phone may get turned off since he couldnt afford the bill but that it should be back on in time for our date. Yea come to think of it, he may have seridipidated me because he ended up mosting me. Then he came back 3 months later saying his phone was back on. I blocked/deleted him from my phone

Join the discussion

What Guys Said 53

• That's some rough stuff... no wonder dating and finding someone is hard.

• Everything has a gimmick these days and it's getting worse.

• What happened to meeting at a bar for a few drinks, going back to your apartment , putting some tunes on, having more drinks and getting the job done all night long.. What is going on? What is happening? Why are adults acting like children.. Weird!

• I get number 4 all the time. A girl seems into me, texts me heaps but then ignores my date requests, but keeps chatting. At that point I ghost them. I'm not wasting my time if you have no intention of dating and just want me to amuse you when you're bored.

• It's all old shit, with new terminology. Tho I wouldn't put some of this in the "Dating" category. If someone ghosted you, then you didn't have a romantic interaction to begin with. You didn't have real plans to meet up on a date and they evaded it entirely and are now ignoring you. Wouldn't consider that a part of the dating world lol.

• Love is a battlefield, so much pointless tactics just to demonstrate no real communication skills.. dunno know if they can even human. No they dont know how to human.

• Who comes up with these retarded names? Pretty sure op is just making shit up now.

• All this can be summed up in one word: immaturity. Geez, I don’t get how people find it so hard to be decent to others.

• Are you trying to get this shit in the dictionary so you can get a commission from it or something?

• These are not the games I like to play. Whatever happened to Clue, Catan, or the other friendly games?

• Basically millennial are getting even more lame and pathetic when it comes to leading people on. These are the same losers who will still be single in the mid-30s and will blame society.

• Another strike by @Fitness-Fanatic... BOOM
    :-D
    I love your work!!!

1) ghost busting : I hate when this happens, if you don't like the person, just say it loud and clear. Personally I respect the decision and leave her alone
    2) flex ting : this is the reason why I always try to meet in person as soon as possible, and have a real conversation :-)
    5) Pokemoning : this is true but it made me laugh out loud :-D
    8.) Mosting : this totally happened to me the last two girls I have dated :-(

I love it, really simple and straight forward. Good job dear

Cheers!!!

• “Pokemoning?” rofl Did you make any of these titles up? Anyway, great Take!
    What do you think about Caspering? What’s the best way to say you don’t like them in that way?

• Only heard of one of these terms but either way it definitely shows why people can’t get together anymore with all this going on, no wonder I’m still single

• This is why dating is tough. People need to learn to be straightforward.

• Is there a term for someone who actually lives by these trends?

• They are supposed to be called morons. I do not know of any modern dating term of what you speak of though.

• except for caspering. That sounds like being an actual nice person about it.

• I guess I've been mosted the last few months. hmmm who knew.

• hah, kinda fun

but didn't 30 Rock coin the term Pokemoning years ago?

• most of it is trough texting. I don't interact with girls through texting much, bth I barely interact with girls and it must be my fault cause I'm not bad looking either.

• The explanation was awesome. Specially with the gifs.

• More from Guys
    33

What Girls Said 28

• Haha, I love these names. Especially ghostbusting! lol

But caspering sounds like just breaking off contact in a mature way, no?

Anyway, mosting is the most hurtful and especially most confusing one. I would really like to understand what's going on in the mind of a moster. Like, what's the benefit to them?

• You should be clever enough to know when dating is just messing around. The4es still true love out there and a soulmate trying to connect with people theyre not supposed to be with. Everything happens on the right time

• this is too good!!!
    but you forgot to mention the social media couple that on social media, they're all lovey-dovey, but in reality, they're just on their social media accounts posting about their lovey-dovey relationships

• Caspering was done to me by not my romantic partner but by a person I considered a friend.

But then it's okay I guess because it was just on internet. Not like we knew each other IRL

• I'm so thankful I don't have to worry about being in the dating world

• I think dating and finding someone requires effort on both parts. If one person doesn’t want it that much then it’s not going to work.

• This gives me a newfound appreciation for being single and not ready to mingle

• Why is Caspering bad if they gave you an explanation? they just don’t want to talk to you and gave you a reason. So there’s nothin wrong with it.

• I think that's spell Serendipidating

• I knew nothing about any of this lol

• Mosting is the one most recently done to me.

• is this REALLY the direction humanity is going?

• Nice take

• This is amusing.

• All seems silly

• O. O wow

• I love this <3

• Klaus. 😂😂

• wow, just wow

• ekk this is just a list of ways to be a jerk

• More from Girls
    8