10 Reasons You Don't Need A Man

Being single doesn't always have to be a bad thing. Check out some reasons why you don't need a man!

Miss Independent

10 Reasons You Don't Need A Man

Photo Source: someecards.com

You get to do whatever you want whenever you want and you don't have to answer to anybody.

Me Time

Photo Source: booksdirect.tumblr.com

When you spend less time on a significant other, and more time on you; there's opportunity for hobbies, hanging out with friends, and overall personal development. Self reflection and working on you is always a blessing.

No Sharing

Photo Source: lynneknowlton.com

When you're single, you don't have to share with anybody.

No Shaving

Photo Source: buzzfeed.com

You don't need to groom downstairs or shave your legs because nobody is going to be feeling on you anyways.

No Impressing Parents or Friends

Photo Source: adorepics.com

When you don't have a boyfriend, you don't need to win over his parents or friends.

No Drama

Photo Source: everydayhealth.com

Most men have excess baggage and issues you don’t really need in your life. No need for the endless text arguments, insecurities, or Facebook stalking when you don't have a man!

Granny Panties

Photo Source: someecards.com

Cute underwear isn't as comfortable as it looks. You get to wear your granny panties all day and all night long when you don't need your bottom to look cute!

Chick Flicks

Photo Source: someecards.com

You get to watch all the chick flicks, romantic comedies, and marathons you want without judgement.

More Money

Photo Source: pinterest.com

Birthdays, dates, phone bills, etc., a boyfriend uses up a lot of money. The money you don't spend on a man you can either save or spend on something for yourself.

The Best Is Yet To Come

Photo Source: someecards.com

Now I'm not saying to wait for prince charming, bit if you haven't met Mr. Right, there's hope, the best is yet to come! Just don't sit around waiting for him; live your life and he'll find you!

3058

Most Helpful Guy

• All these reasons can apply to guys to, except for the granny panties, unless a guy is into that sort of thing lol

Most Helpful Girl

Join the discussion

What Guys Said 57

• I agree, no woman needs a man and no man needs a woman.
    However, this is a poorly written take. It sounds like you're just nitpicking the few bad parts of a relationship in order to convince yourself that you're happy being a single.

• a woman needs a man, as much as a man needs a woman. this take is shit ! Maybe you should stop dating assholes or bad guys as you girls call them and date a real man. because a real man treats his girl with respect, a real man would sacrifice himself any time without thinking twice. I know i would, if i could give my life to save that of someone i love , i would. you are petathic. I just came out of the worst relationship ever, she treated me like crap and even dare to blame the miscarriage of our child on me. I was the only one, being sincere, doing what ever i could to show her how much i wanted that child with her. yet she could only give me uncertainty, uncertainty which brought me to my knees, and with her cruel words and insults she made me crawl. i got up and realized that she wasn't a girl, nor an actual person. She was the devil, her and her personality disorder threw me into a depression. you know what, i dont trust woman anymore, im a bit more weary about them, since i dont want to go through this hell again. the day she crawls back to me, i do the following thing. i reach out my hand and help her up, look her in the eyes and tell her this: i'm not like you. what im trying to say is, instead of generalizing man, you could actually also admit your own fault. you have dated some douchebags, but there are good guys out there, if you look for them. maybe look for new friends and interests ;) thats what im doing, i dont want people around me that do not wish to improof on themselves.

• aw ;(

I think from your writing that you are pretty manly just for the first sentence, it was strong! But I am so sorry for what happened... Thank you for sharing it gave me perspective ! Best luck and I am guilty of dating douche bags and generalizing as well... You deserve a kind and pretty lady to share your life with !

• Oh shut up. Women need men and men need women. Crazy people like you doom yourselves to a life of loneliness, strife and a voluntary starvation of your soul just because you need to prove to the world you don't need anyone else. News flash. A man grew the crops that made your food. A man assembled your iphone. A man built your house. Men provide for you at the bank, the store, your insurance agency. And its up to a man to console you, take away the stresses of the day and the world off your shoulders, and please you mentally and physically--unless you happen to be into girls, which is alright as well. You really want to prove you can live life without a man? Fine. But whats the fucking point. They are, and always will be, an integral part of your life, your happiness and your survival. We're here, for you, so fucking take it and stop being such an ungrateful bitch, alright? We're not your enemy. You are.

• You sound really bitter to me. I am all for people getting their ducks in a row before adding someone else to their lives, But to all out reject the notion of ever being with anyone, It kind of sounds like you have conceded to failure.

• that's great if a person can find joy in being single.

• That looks like a list of reasons of why I don't want a woman.

• Now do 10 reasons why I don't need a woman and we'll call it square.

• Just about all of that can be turned around into reasons men don't need a woman.

• I don't understand this. One I think men spend more money on women, I have never heard in the entirety of my life of a woman who spent money on the man. He would be lucky if she bought him a beer. As for the hobbies and bettering yourself, shouldn't you be doing that anyway? As for the romantic comedies, isn't that a little hypocritical? To say that you don't need a man then binge watch an entire genre dedicated to the very thing you claim not to want? Being in a relationship does not mean exlcuding all things outside of it, thats unhealthy. If thats your view that a relationship is all consuming then maybe the issue isn't with relationships so much as with your view on them. If one wishes to be single thats fine but this take seems to be more of an attempt to comfort those who are not in a relationship rather then being insightful.

• 1. I don't imprison anybody
    2. I give them time
    3. I don't demand anything
    4. I am okay with hairy
    5. My parents are kind
    6. I don't use fb anymore
    7. Panties? Whenever I see them, it means I'm curious about watching the another thing instead of that piece of cloth.
    8. See point 1
    9. Yes you will get money
    10. The time is now.

• Um, no wonder why you're single. You sound like such a catch... *snap*

• Has this really been an issue? have women thought the MUST have a man?
    I don't NEED a woman in my life. I WANT to have a woman in my life.
    No woman NEEDS a man, she chooses to be with one.

• Women have more money when they're single? That's news to me!

• Of course they have less money while dating, birthdays etc.. cost a lot of money. What isn't being said is that by being single they don't have a man who buys stuff for them.

The point of this article was to be snarky and bash at men though so of course that kind of thing is left out.

• Thanks for making me laugh, that money one really made me laugh, "boyfriend uses up a lot of money" sorry if your boyfriend is using up all your money than he's just a freeloader using you for money, cause most of the time men don't need their girlfriends money cause if they did than explain too me how men have money to pay for date.

• I'd also like to open a "10 reasons You don't need a Girl" take ;) hmmm hmmm...

Also, the money thing is also laughable xD

• The female haters don't understand ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

• Well you know what they say hell hath no fury like a women scorned.

• That shaving pic cracked me up haha

• Decent article but stupid title, should have been: Benefits of being Single, or something like that.

Also the pic of the lady shaving... everything was really funny.

• Well then who's gonna open your jar lids for you?

• More from Guys
    37

What Girls Said 29

• As much much as I don't want to be in a relationship right now, I would one day and it has nothing to do with any of these reasons. The fact that I am single has nothing to do with keeping myself up. I still shave and wear sexy panties or none at all for myself. As for not having to share and no drama you are implying that all people that are in relationships have to deal with drama and having to give time well being selfish is bad for any relationship so I guess you would enjoy not having someone in that case. Not having to answer to someone varies because that only happens in controlling relationships. Overall I think this is just an example of a woman scorned convincing herself that being single is great for the wrong reasons because for me by singleness is temporary and a time for me to focus on myself so if you don't plan on being alone for the rest of your life then you would have re-evaluate all of these reason. No man is going to want to be with a woman that has this frame of mind.

• I hope you're truly a happy single, because this take isn't very convincing :/

• The memes are so funny for this!!

• It's funny that the guys are the ones saying you must be miserable because you posted this, but I know its the complete opposite. Being single means being FREEE and not having to answer to anyone I love it.

• I love how the majority of men commenting here took this post so personally.
    Stop being so butthurt, darlings.

Listen to @godfatherfan instead.

• No one really needs anyone it's just a bonus lol.

• Lol honestly, people should get out of the mindset of "needing" so s/o. A woman doesn't need to have a man and a man doesn't need to have a woman. However, it is perfectly OKAY to want and accept having a person that loves you in your life. As much as I love independent women and men, everyone wants to have someone in their life to love and support them.

• I hear this sort of thing commonly from women who has gone through failed relationships. :P:P:P Or people who can't seem to attract anybody else.

• It's not bad thing to be single, but complaining and whining about gets pretty old real quick. I say, if you want to be single, then so be it, but these aren't reasons why a woman doesn't need a man, as any woman can do these things with or without a man. I'm pretty independent, I still have money in my pocket, I still watch chick flicks, I enjoy alone "me time" and I don't shave 24/7 and I have a man, who doesn't have a problem with it. Actually, we BOTH enjoy our alone time. It's just what makes us human. We need eachother in the end. It's pretty funny how so many guys are getting defensive though guys/girls write worse things about women but hey... I guess I shouldn't open up that can of worms.

• men are good for taking out the garbage they say.

• While I agree with some of this stuff, like shaving haha. Others is just what we unwanted girls say just to make ourselves feel better :/

• yeah i shave when single too haha that one isn't just women it goes for guys too if you know what i mean.

• I mean that's great and all but

I STILL WANT A CUDDLEBUNNY

• Are you sure you want a cuddle buddy? Your picture is giving people the middle finger :p

• Roses are red
      Violets are blue
      I want a cuddlebunny

• i was just like you once but a guy lol when the girl i was with in college i was around the same age you are now then cheated on me 2 years in all i wanted was a "cuddlebunny" like you , to help me process things it did not happen but then of course 3 years ago a new cuddlebunny came along but only thanks to my friend at college i kind understand what you say

• I never though not dating was a bad thing I always liked it, but not for any of the reasons you mentioned. That all seemed a lot like hassle of dating just without the guy.

• It's cool, yeah, but to be honest, nothing compares to a relationship. That's coming from a girl who has never been a relationship. It can get really lonely and depressing at times when I want to spend time with someone and all my friends are busy. I have had enough of me time. lol

• I so love this. I do. Wen i saw it i felt much better. It give me rasons why i should love being by myself an still enjoy life. I don't need a man to make me happy or enjoy life i can do that ma self.

• I'm sure I'll be single forever, not a bad thing though, I love being my myself

• Hahah this is hilarious :D

• lol i love this page entertaining as well as true And spirit lifting

• After reading this I felt like why you need anyone then? Then I realised with complications relation comes with care and ya in prospective of mr right I would say that's necessary coz your thoughts must match for trust :)

• More from Girls
    9