Does race really matter to you when it comes to dating?

I'm just curious cuz I know different people have different preferences. Do you have a specific preference when you want to date someone? Would it matter if he or she is Asian, White, Hispanic, etc? Same race as you or not?

Most Helpful Guy

• We got all those beautiful girls everywhere. Great diversity too: whites, blacks, Asians, hispanics.. man all of them are just beautiful. I see beautiful girls in every race so I can't discriminate XD I just love women, and most things about them. Dudes that don't just don't understand how they feel, that's all. Women are just awesome creatures in general, so that's gotta include all girls of all races.

Most Helpful Girl

• Race matters some, yes. Im Asian, but my boyfriend is white. There are some differences between us that are a result of our cultural backgrounds. Sometimes its fun and new, sometimes it takes a abit of patience to work through. It also matters to people around you whether you want to admit it or not. We have been denied seating in restaurants in three different countries because of this, you hear comments and insults and the occasional bit of innocent ignorance. In the end any relationship has its own set of challenges, be aware that there are some things that come along with interracial relationships but it doesn't matter to me in a way that makes me view interracial relationships as being wrong or inadequate.

• Denied seating? Wow, what countries?

• Lol, then you do the same? Yeah it's easier, make the mistake of mentioning you're mixed and spend the next ten minutes explaining your family history and you don't make that mistake again.

• yeah, i've adopted the don't ask don't tell policy

What Guys Said 69

• Nope.

I've been attracted to women of almost every ethnicity out there, from Indian to Chinese to Korean to French to German to Norwegian to Japanese to Nigerian to Colombian to Brazilian to Spanish and so on.

I've dated a wide range as well.

The one thing is that ethnicity and culture are sometimes tied together. There are certain cultures I relate to better. For example, I just relate to Japanese people really well being originally from Japan. That's probably why I settled on a Japanese woman as a wife. I was attracted to all kinds of other women as well on the way and dated a good range, but probably I relate to Japanese girls better than anyone else on the planet.

• Everything matters when it comes to dating. We seem to be particular tuff critics of others and feel we deserve the best

• Omg yesss😭😭😭you read my mind. It shouldn't be really seen as racist when it comes to having our own preferences to what type of person we date. Family background, personality and appearance matters overall to me.

• Sure. The world is a big place with a lot of people. There isn't a shortage of people in such that you must compromise what you want. You are defianlty entitled to choosing specific traits you desire to be part you of your life and your family, as specific as you like

--> Just try to do it without stepping over anyone's toes. Good luck on finding what your heart desires

• No it doesn't.
    Race doesn't determine anything. Unless:
    -Someone is a narrow minded racist.
    -Someone happens to have a preference with no harsh feelings. Just a desire that comes from the within. Nothing bad about it.

From another perspective, race could be a representation of someone's basic culture. But yet, that's way too generalizing. Individuals are important not their background. Basically, "It doesn't matter where you came from, what matters is who you choose to be"

After all, we are humans. Humanity is humanity.
    Differences in culture, coloring, sizes and shapes and ideologies is what makes us interesting.

• Nah it doesn't matter at all, in fact I have a preference for Asian girls which is a shame since almost everyone here is white.

• I think race will sometimes get blown out of proportion. I happen to think that Japanese women are more attractive than others, but that's my preference and it doesn't mean I hate everyone else. I just think of it kind of like hair color, but on a larger scale. Some people like redheads, some blonde etc. just depends on the person.

• In my case, I find women of a certain race and culture the most beautiful in the world, so yes. It's just a preference.

• I m opened to date or marry girl from other races.

• To most people it does matter consciously, in fact too much importance is put on it.. But unconsciously it doesn't... To people.. Now in reality.. "Race" is just a social construct, and doesn't determine anything for us.. So, it doesn't matter really..

• Not really I love Hispanic Women Black Women White Women And Asian Women (: Women no matter the racial background can have a lot of beauty in my opinion

• It does to many people. Does it matter to me? Nah, I'm equal opportunity.

• Not really, cute girls can come in any color, and well, when you live in latinoamerica you've got to be used to having people of various racial mixes around. I kind of have a things for Asians tough, I find cute asia girls adorable as fuck.

• Just curious, why do you mostly love Asian girls. Cuz I know other people who really dig Asian girls lmao

• Sorry if I creeped you out or something.

• That sounds kinda weird but ok😅👍🏼 that's your opinion so I can't do anything about it

• I've always adored women from other cultures than the mainstream USA one, which these days recalls zombie films.

Married to A Venezuelan, before that to a Frenchwoman, a lot of Asian girl friends... Life is an adventure.

• Nothing against other etchincites, but I prefer My own. I think I feel more connected and comfortable with them.

• Same, I mean it's cool if I get attracted to other races and get along with them, but it is way cooler and easier to be with the same race cuz both of us would understand our cultural similarities, especially with family

• I have no preference just as long she can accept me for who I am.

• there are just some races i tend to find more attractive but i am open to all

• Race does factor a lot on whether I will find them attractive.
    But outside of looks the race doesn't matter, the cultural background is what matters to me.

• Ahh I have similar thoughts with you. I mean appearance matters if I find them attractive or not, but race wise is a different situation. Even if they are attractive, I have specific races in mind that I prefer dating than other races because it matters to me what the cultural and family background of his race are

• No it doesn't matter if i like

• Never mattered to me. I'm Black, started out gravitating towards black girls just out of what was common, eventually I saw white girls taking interest in me so I was like, oh wow, I like you too.. That was when I was young. I ended up dating mixed, white, Asian, Indian and hispanic.. it was all about things we had in common and how we felt towards one another. Now it does matter in the sense that your family and friends might not feel the same as you, so there could become some friction between certain relationships, but your happiness is paramount over your friends n family's likes or dislikes as long as you aren't dependent upon them.

• I've dated people from many ethnicities. in the end it's about who they are, not where their genetics come from.

• Kind of because I do have preferences.

• nope doesn't matter to me

• I would prefer someone with the same race.

• Absolutely not. Character is my main concern while dating. Race is no issue, we are all human.

• As long as she's part of the human race it's OK.

• honestly, the first thing I look at is symiymtry but that's just me

• I have a wish list, but not a blacklist. So no I wouldn't deny anyone because they aren't on my wish list, but I still have some that raise my desire higher then others.

• No it doesn't matter.

• Yes it matters.

• Because self preservation is nature's first law. Because I want to preserve diveristy. Because my people are my extended genetic family.

• I am open to all races, but I not equally.

I prefer white or Asian, and I am probably least likely to date a black girl.

• More from Guys
    39

What Girls Said 38

• No, it should not matter, especially not in THIS ERA, we are the new generation and we have the world in our hands, we can change this, we should all MIX !!
    I love all Races and i think interracial relationships are just interesting i love it :) and it should not matter at all

• It matters to an extent but I'm not frigid about it.
    Which means I'm naturally more easily drawn into my culture or similar cultures Middle Eastern men, Arabs, Turks etc but I'm not closed to other options.

If I meet a guy from another race that I find attractive and we click, with same morals and liffe goals/projects , then I would not care for his race.

• Good points👍🏼

• The thing that would matter to me too if I date a guy from a different race, I want him to be open to learning more about different cultures, like for me, he should be open to learn about my Philippine culture and I will try my best to learn about his cultural background too.

• I'm attracted to guys from all different backgrounds, but my preference is black men or the tall dark and handsome guys😍

• Lol the thing is for me, I get attracted to cute men right away despite of their race. I get attracted to different guys from different races but my family doesn't like me liking black guys haha I'm not saying black guys are my most preference, but because of that, it led me to having a black/hispanic/asian mix boyfriend as my first relationship. My family never liked him cuz he has a black related race. For filipinos, which I am, families think about cultural and family background a lot mostly. Parents think if their children is good enough to date a specific person ya know? I mean I like being friends with black guys, I just don't think it's the best choice to be in a relationship with one.

• I mean that's really how my family is, and mostly other Filipinos. I don't know but we have specific beliefs. It's true you can't help what We are attracted to but in my case, I will stick to my family because you can't replace them but u can replace your partners. No offense to you but when I had my ex (he's black/colombian and korean) I got attracted to him cuz I thought he was cute and all despite that he's part black. The thing is, right when they knew he was black, they don't really focus on if I think they're cute or not. It took a couple obstacles for me to defend my relationship with him but 2 months later, I had to call it quits cuz I know we are not really meant for each other and it was bad timing too since I still have to go to college and focus on school mostly

• But I know it's not all filipino families cuz others may accept Black people more than others. I personally just like being friends with you guys cuz you are fun people to be friends with👍🏼

• Nope I don't give a fuck about skin color or race. I don't understand why it's such a big deal to people.

• I have to date a black guy. I kinda want to date a Latino/Hispanic but I don't really know any. So I guess I would date out of my race

• People will not admit it, but race does matter to them. Dating usually comes with preference in appearance and that usually comes with skin color

• Don't care about race.

I ain't got no type. Bad bitches is the only thing that I like

• I don't really care, every race has some hot and some unattractive people.

• I like all men.. do not care

• For me, I tend to get more attracted to Asians, but I really don't care who I date and what ethnicity, as long as they are nice, attractive in anyway and interesting, I will get drawn in easily. So for some people ethnicity does matter or is preferred, but its different for different people. Hope this helps :)

• After the 9th grade I only dated black guys Hispanic Caribbean African and African American and even a Brit in college but they were all Visually black in race but that's just me I didn't care where they are from I just liked their features

• What race are you if you don't mind me asking?

• @jasonstav I don't mind I'm happily mixed race I'm a light completion but my Dad is from Milan Italy and my mom is French Nigerian Spaniard and Brazilian

• Nahh I like all of the hot ones, why deprive ourselves aha
    a.wattpad.com/cover/13667900-368-k718543.jpg

• I attract guys from my own race but even more so, from other races. My boyfriend is samoan. My ex was white with green eyes. Soo.. nah doesn't matter to me lol

• No, I don't care what race the guy is. 😊

• not for me for my parents yes. I ask my parents of I could date a black and they were not realy into it. I had a chinese girlfriend before her education made her a little princess so in that way it kind of Mather for me I like girls all the style if they are attractive and nice.

• Not at all. :) I have only dated 2, and I can't say I want to date more considering I really love my boyfriend, haha, but if I was single again, it wouldn't matter what ethnicity the guy was.

• Yes, it does. I'm attracted to some race and not to other.

• Depends. If u really like the guy then who gives a flying fuck

• I don't know if it does.
    For example, in the past I wanted to marry an arab, so I thought that was my preference but then I don't think I actually ever fell that much for an arab; I ended up liking different guy from different race.

atm, the guy I like is Pakistani, so I would say that's my preference but I have a feeling if and once that's over, I won't really have a preference for that.

• No it doesn't matter and it shouldn't.

• Compatible cultures/values would matter more than ethnicity. Also personality, which, admittedly, can be influenced by ethnicity and culture.

• to an extent yes

• if there's love... nothing else matters

• Not at all

• I sm Asian and I don't think race does matter. religion, nationality and political views on some social issues matters to me. Like i really can't date muslims and mostly they are arab but it doesn't mean I don't wanna date

• Arab people...

• lol why? and not all arab are muslim and it's not a race it just mean that your mother tongue is arab and you belong to a country that have Arab culture .

• Nope.

• Well, pretty much each race has their own look, so it all depends on what you're into. If you dig a certain race, meaning you prefer their look, then that's who you'll date. I think it all comes down to what your personal preferences are.

• I agree👌🏼 I mean like I mostly have preference for whites, Filipino-American, Full Filipino (which is me) and yada yada. It would be better if the guy has a mixed race😅but cultural/family background is pretty important for me. I like black men just as friends but for just my own situation, I don't think it's the best choice if it's more than that. Cuz when I had my first boyfriend last year (Mix of black/colombian and korean) it was nice but it brought a lot of tension for me because my family never liked him but I understood them because it wasn't a good time to have a relationship since I really have to focus in my education first and go to college. His family background wasn't good and stuff just got complicated. I mainly just want an educated, family-oriented, adventurous, caring, athletic and funny kind of guy☺️

• I am open to other races

• nope it doesn't matter for me at all

• no it doesnot matter at all
    many people are good in different races
    good and bad people are everywhere

• religion > culture > race
    because of this order, i generally prefer my own

• More from Girls
    8