Would a guy drive over 5 hours just to hookup?

I've been talking to a guy for a few weeks who lives over 5 hours away. When it can up in conversation that I will be visiting the city where he lives in the spring he asked me if we could go on a date. I said yeah. But now he offered to drive all the way to where I live next week (or Valentine's Day weekend, which ever will work better with my schedule.) but I can't read him. Is he driving this far to actually meet me and take me out or is it just a hookup?

Most Helpful Guy

• just to get sex? [nope. avi]

to get to know someone I'm starting to find interest and maybe spark love? yes

to spark love, share more together, get to know her more, and have balls-deep and meaningful sex then keep going on a long term relationship? yes

Does all I said matters? no... that guy could be an immature fuckboi

how to tell if he man loves you?
    he loves you if you're carved in his mind, if he thinks a lot about you
    if reminds precise details related to you
    is careful and receptive with you
    sometimes thinks about you when he wakes up

however if that isn't the case from the beginning this is normal, this sometimes needs to be built TOGETHER

be honest, stay true to yourself, get involved and take your parts of the controls while leaving him his part, communicate and share with him, pay close attention to what he is thinking.

(and don't get freaked out if he is thinking about nothing: we are able to do that, thinking about nothing at all, and this is normal for men)

What Guys Said 21

• Yes they would. Seen it happen

5 hour drive, maybe 60 bucks gas. 5 hours of time lost. Smooth scenic drive up

Hooker - 200 a night, hotel, booze to numb the shameful act of banging a hooker

5 hours and 60 bucks of gas with a cheesburger on the way doesn't sound so bad anymore does it?

• For the right girl absolutely... my best friend moved 2 states away (2 hour drive) I would drive out to chill with him once ever other weekend. I wound up meeting a girl through his new circle of friends, and would go there every weekend, and sometimes during the week, until I ultimately decided to move there and rent a place with her.

• I will admit though, I was going a lot in the beginning because I did want to get in her pants, but I also liked her too.

• If a guy is desperate enough, he will travel double that. I knew a guy that drove miles for a hookup. At the end of the day, no one is forcing anyone to hook up.

• Yes some guys will drive for hours for a hookup.

But most guys would not be texting for weeks, if all they wanted was a hookup.

• I would walk 500 miles
    And I would walk 500 more
    Just to be the man who walked a thousand miles
    To fall down at your door

• Sounds like a hook up , if your meeting him from the Internet
    do expect it to be a hook up. I wouldn't travel 5 miles unless
    i wanted to go out with a girl for dating , love, relationship but
    not just for sex hook up.

• ya any guy can 😂

• Fuck no if I have to drive over five minutes it's a no go.

• Nope

• Depends on your definition of hookup

• forget what he wants he is coming to meet then at least meet, if u want to date or sleep it's your choice at last

• Depends a lot on the guy and how much he want it, it may indeed be the case.

• I would only go that far out of my way if I really liked a woman

• I would have to really like the girl to drive that far. just sex isn't worth it

• I hope you want sex with this guy because he will definitely want it after such a long trip

• If she was worth it, yeah.

• If I thought that the girl was really awesome and we might have some amazing mind blowing sex, then yes I'd drive 5 hours to hookup. I would not drive that far for just any girl. She would have to have the potential to be a very sensual lover. Personally I don't do long distance relationships but some people are cool with it, so he might want more than a hookup.

• Nope because I don't do hookups.

• I've known married women do it.

• I knew a guy who was banging a girl from France. Over a long weekend one year when our college was on break, he spent 1,200 bucks and flew halfway around the world to sleep with her for a weekend (4 days).

He told me it was to spend time with his girlfriend, but I knew why he was really going there, lets be honest. What else would make a guy fly halfway around the world and spend 1,200 bucks?

Of course he was a bit weird, but I'm sure you could find a guy who would do it. Lots of guys would. This particular guy, I have no idea about, but it's a reasonable assumption to make that he would be willing to.

• "What else would make a guy fly halfway around the world and spend 1,200 bucks?"

^^ A lot more men than women are interested in random solo travel for the sake of random solo travel (... or at least more men are *willing* to go through with it, given safety concerns etc).

• @redeyemindtricks He only spent one day traveling, the other 3 days were with his girlfriend. Trust me I know him a lot better than you do, you don't know him actually, he was in it for the sex.

• Oh, I believe you, lol. That was a response to the literal question you asked -- "What else would?"

I mean... Honestly I think yr friend is the exception, not the rule. I know a lot of guys are willing to put in effort to get laid, but I doubt more than, say, 0.02 percent of them would be willing to spend 4 figures and travel halfway around the world to do so. (That's 0.02 of one percentage point. Like 2 out of 10,000.)

• Both?

What Girls Said 5

• This man either really likes you or his desperate. I'm gonna go with he likes, why drive 5 hours for sex when he can just meet a girl around his area?

• Desparado...

• It can go either way, he could be interested in you but hoping for sex as well, interested in you and not expecting anything, or if he is only looking for sex he must really want some.
    The types of messages he sends you might be able to help you tell what he's looking for.

• 5 hours for hookup = embodiment of pure desperation

• He sounds sweet. I wish my crush would do that too. I would definitely hookup with him as well, that shows dedication and I won't be spending much time with him anyway so every minute will count.