When dating, do you have a backup plan?

Pretty simple question: do you have a backup guy/girl in case your current relationship falls apart?

• Yes, I do
  • No, but I had in the past
  • My current partner was the backup plan
    Vote C
  • No, never have and never will
    Vote D
Select a gender to cast your vote:

2412

Most Helpful Girl

• No, I've not ever done that.

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm rather picky so that would be hard for me to do to begin with but I also think that its a bad idea just from a psychological standpoint. Basically when you have a back up you have basically increased the odds of the current date/relationship to fail as you have no need to be completely invested in it. So with one foot out the door you really have no motivation to put forth your entire effort into what you currently have in order to make it work (which is necessary for relationships to function properly).

What Girls Said 23

• If Im dating you, then no Im not thinking about other guys. But if im just crushing on you, then yea there's always another crush who I temporarily sat aside in order to focus on just you. So like... dont fck up

exgirlfriendrecovery.com/.../...nds-everywhere.jpg

• Do I have someone lined up that I can use if I can get what I really want? No decent person does this.

• No, that's silly. I don't play dating like it's a game. I date someone I like and, if that falls apart, I'm in no rush to get to my next partner.

• Technically, I do have a few guys who are currently flirting with me and interested in me, so yeah if I'm done with my current guy I can easily get with another one possibly in less than a week.
    BUT I won't do it because rebounds are set to fail. I don't to loose my time or the other guy's time.

• So why are you flirting with these other guys if you don't plan on ever getting with them, and given that you're currently taken?

• I don't flirt back I'm friendly but that's about it

• Nah, I focus on that one person.

• I wouldn't have one in the sense of someone else I talk to consistently but I know I would have options if we did break up.

• Nope

• No. When I date, I date that one guy and I focus on our relationship! :)

• I think you know that I don t date srsly
    so until I honestly state to the guy I wanna take it further which I did before
    I don t consider any guy as the big deak so replaceable

• Yup, I have a backup, you've seen him in a mirror :P

• If someone else worthy appears in my life then why not? But that doesn't usually happen. Too many duds or people who are already taken.

• No, I don't do rebounding. I only focus on one person at a time

• If you enter into a relationship anticipating its failure, it's not going to work anyways.

• nope I don't have

• Never have done that.
    If I'm dating someone, they get all my attention.

• No I wouldn't need that since I'll only date people I see a future with in the long run

• No. I'm not that desperate to be dating/in a relationship

• No... I never did it and I'd never do that

• No, when I like someone. I only like him / think of him.

• That shits wrong. Otf is the point of having a relationship. People are so ignorant and selfish.

• Nope and I'll never have one either.

• No, never have and never will

• If you're not "all in" then you shouldn't be in at all.

What Guys Said 11

• Not at all, considering I hardly, if ever, date.

• Never. I'm always thinking about just that person that I'm with. Why go into a relationship with someone if in the back of your mind, you think it'll end in failure.

• It's being hard for me to find a single girl to date, imagine a backup plan xD

• Lol but let's say you are able to get a backup plan, would you go for it?

• No, simply because I wouldn't like to be someone's backup plan, therefore I wouldn't do it either.

• No. I see no reason to, because I'm going to assume that my relationship with the girl I'm dating will be a success.

• Nope.

• I don't even have a plan, let a lone a backup.

• Nope never had a backup.

• yes, i still flirt and get other girls numbers even if i'm in a relationship, i dont hit them up unless 'm broken up tho

• so you shouldn't even bother. You are ready for it to end before you have even tried. pointless and ignorant. Grow up or stay single.

• @whywouldyou grow up? why yes cuz girls don't do the EXACT same thing.

• I go with the flow. I can't say I've ever planned anything in my life.

• I'm in a poly relationship right now so it's all about being with multiple people

• no that just means your waiting for the current relationship to fall apart
    #