If your SO was compatible with you in every way except sexually, would you stay in a long term relationship with him/her?

Let's pretend your SO is your best friend and deeply loves you. They make you laugh, share your interests, are loyal and always seem to be there when you need them most, but you are sexually incompatible. Would you stay in the relationship or bail?

Most Helpful Guy

• I would stay. I value emotional compatibility much more than sexual compatibility.

Most Helpful Girl

• "Stay" is a non-concept here, because I would never, ever begin a rl with such a person in the first place.
    For me, lust is the only kind of seed that can possibly grow into love, and commitment, and intimacy.

What Guys Said 16

• i would see if we could close the gap in regards to where we are incompatible. then i would basically have to ask myself can i be happy with the sexual relationship as it is or will it cause me to be unhappy

unfortunately i do know that a truly unhappy dissatisfying sexual relationship will really impact how i feel in a relationship

• I think I'd be okay possibly but I also think it would be impossible for me to compatible with her in every other way because that would mean she's open and would want to please me so the sex could ultimately become good. It could be incompatible if I wasn't attracted to her and that would be a deal breaker. I might as well date a man or a tree then.

• RUN. Lifetime of misery ahead.

If you're already married with kids... then there's no good option ahead.

• Since sex can be such a major part of a relationship, I would probably have to bail. I have made that decision a couple of times in my past.
    You come home from a date, get in bed... and it just does not work and one of the partners (me) is left frustrated with desires not met. After a while it gets pretty old. Sorry to sound cold, but that is from personal experience.

• Oh god no. BAIL

Honey, sex is the glue for a relationship. Without it you're just roommates. Find someone you're truly compatible with - it's a WHOLE lot better.

• I asked hypothetically because I am interested in how people think about relationships. My husband is the best lover I could ever imagine.

• No, not once did I say I was experiencing this and didn't know what to do. I just asked the question. I also asked if people would rather work for a man or a woman.

• Whatevs toots.
      Nobody wants to work for a woman - they change their mind too much. :)

• I would break up but remain friends, seeing we are compatible in many ways

• I'd definitely suggest an open relationship. We continue the relationship, but both of us can have separate sexual flings

• I'll stay if I already married her. But I try my best to make it work for both of us sexually.

• A good sex life is one of a few aspects of a relationship I find to be a deal breaker. If it can't be resolved, I'd bail.

• No. It's important to be sexually compatible.

• Yes. I won't care, if the rest is great (and I care about sex a lot)-

• Aw hell naw !

• Break up for the better so that she could be with someone who is sexually compatible with her.

• depends what you mean by sexually incompatible

• Let's say you are adventurous in the bedroom and she only wants missionary position in the dark or vice versa. Another option is that you want sex a few times a week, but she only wants it once a month.

• LOL. Thank you for your honesty.

• it's hard to find someone you love that is an exact match sexually to but I'm willing to comprise but I think everyone has one thing they really like that they don't want to live without

• that's when long term relationships really happen and work out,

• Id stay with her and than just fucker other women on the side.

What Girls Said 8

• No, I would not.

• Of course. I would stay.

• well I would try to make it work. But he still sucks in bed after a while then I would have to leave. Good sex is very important to me

• Sexually incompatible like what he's soft and I'm rough or I'm sex all day everyday and he's sex once a month?

• Any of those things... Let's say your sexually adventurous and he's not, or maybe he can't seem to make you have an orgasm. Would you stay with him or leave?

• What do you mean by incompatible?

• Let's say your sexually adventurous and he's not, or maybe he can't seem to make you have an orgasm. Would you stay with him or leave?

• I'd try to work on it... eventually if I couldn't ehm I'd leave

• Stayyy

• stay :).

• Yes I would stay