Should I let my boyfriend go to prom with another girl because I can't go with him?

Me and my boyfriend have been dating for 6 months now. He's two years younger than me and I can't go to prom with him as I've left high school. He's asked one of his friends that is a girl to go as a mate date. The girl he asked is single and he felt bad as she would be going by herself. To be fair I do see the point of them both going together and why not if they are friends. But.. I get upset that they will act like a couple eg photos and dancing together. I feel that what's the point in going out with me. My boyfriend can get very jealous and if it was the other way round my boyfriend won't have let me go to prom with another guy. Me on the other hand I won't consider myself as the jealous type and like to think about both sides of the argument. It's the 21st century and you don't have to go to prom with a date do you? So my question is should I tell my boyfriend that I feel uncomfortable that he is going to prom with someone else or should I just leave it?

33

Most Helpful Guy

• actually í don't know what is prom.
    i never seen it. but it sound something like and a function...
    all í can see is he want to go with another for something like that.

í want to ask ( because í really don't know )
    is going to prom is so important.
    is going to prom is more important than staying with you that day..

maybe you are not jealous maybe you. want to show you are not jealous. but you know you will be. it's obvious human behaviour. but he should also understand that. well specially with a girl who is older than me.( this i am saying becuase older people see that there younger mate are no more interested due to age ).

but if you trust your boyfriend then you can leave him.
    but he should not do things which he cannot accept.
    as you said that if you will be at his place then he will never allow. now that's seems jealous to me.

Most Helpful Girl

• If you want sure however once the prom is over ask him if you can hang out with each other or you can go to the after prom party etc.

What Guys Said 2

• Trust me. Years later no one will give a shit about prom and who went or didn't. Prom is one of those "in the moment" things. I look back at my prom and still view it as a waste of time and money. I would have rather stayed home.

• confess ur feeling to him.. then only he will think about u tat u r missing him too much

What Girls Said 2

• My boyfriend couldn't go to mine so I went with my best guy friend. No issues occurred due to it

• I would let him, but you have to tell him that you trust him. This little act will help your relationship trust me it's the biggest factor