22F dating 19M, too large of an age gap?

I (22f) met a guy (19m) who is really mature for his age and gets along great with me, I actually didn't think he was younger than 21 when I met him. But he's actually 19 and still in uni (I'm in grad school, same campus). We can talk for hours sitting in a park doing nothing except just being with each other.

He asked me out and the only reason why i hesitated is because of his age. I'm worried people will judge us because of the age gap, and he's as old as my younger brother which makes me feel like I'm a cougar. I've dated guys who were same age and older but never younger. Do you guys think the age gap is too large?

712

Most Helpful Guy

• It's not too large an age gap, but its a tough one if your American. You can go to bars and over-21 events. Plus, your profile says you're 23, not 22. Is the age gap maybe even a little larger than you said?

• my profile says 23 but i know i'm 22, didn't want to give my real bday so i set it a year back :)

Most Helpful Girl

• I think after a certain point, mostly when you hit college age, the age difference doesn't really matter. If you have good chemistry together and you enjoy each others company, there's really nothing stopping you from pursuing the relationship further. There's a multitude of other things people will judge you for anyways, you can't stop people from that, so don't let this very miniscule reason be the thing that stops you from going with him.

What Guys Said 11

• No my dear.. dating a guy of younger age doesn't make you any cougar..

Please go out in a date with him when he asks you out the next time. You won't regret!☺

• Nahh... It's actually him who has to worry for dating a girl older than him because he might be made fun of. If he has nothing against it, go ahead, you have nothing to worry about...

• come cares what other people thinks. life is to short to worry about what people think. you are both adults

• no.. perfect.

• Relax!
    you are a normal girl not a cougar.

• No, that age gap is pretty small compared to the shit you usually see.

• naa you ain't be proud of your choices

• AAAAHAAHAhhaaaahahahaaaha. No, that's not even an age gap.

• not at all

• not at all

• It's just 3 years.. he wouldn't be much different if he was 22 instead.

What Girls Said 6

• That's not even worth questioning. It's only 3 years. Be concerned if it's like 20-30 depending on age. This 22-19 is perfectly okay.

• lolz it's not that much of a gap... someone I know even married to a guy 14 years younger than she is... and they've never been happier

• Not much of an age gap really

• It's only a 3 year age difference. He's legally an adult and if you say he's mature then it's fine

• That is more than okay. 3 years is hardly anything, so don't sweat it!

• dude it's 3 years. it'd be a large age gap if it was 13 years, this is a pretty normal gap dude