Do you believe that women have unlimited dating options compared to men?

If you watched the video, do you agree women relinquish their control?

Online dating gives preferential treatment to women: They don't know what it's like having an empty inbox for months but that's a typical situation for a male.

They can go out to a bar and initiate with pretty much any male, if not, go to a new bar that has guys they like in it.

Ladies nights they get into clubs free.

They have no excuse. If I was female I wouldn't be single, it'd be TOO easy not to find someone. Men get arrested now if they approach a female and she doesn't like it.

• Yes, women have an easier time finding dates than men
    35%(7)72%(42)Vote92%(35)
  • No
    30%(6)14%(8)Vote5%(2)
  • They are equal
    25%(5)10%(6)Vote3%(1)
  • Men have it easier finding a date
    10%(2)4%(2)Vote0%(0)

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

• YOUNG women have an easier time* (around age 35 the tables turn), but it's not like they have hundreds of options for every option a young man has, especially when it comes to people who want a serious relationship. They only have a little more options (like maybe 2-3 times more on average, and often less than that), the advantage is not so much in having more options as it is in having to work less to know who the options are (even shy guys give themselves away easily if the woman doesn't overthink things) and to convert them into dates/relationships.

• Also, online dating is not a good representation: it is very different from offline dating. For most men offline is a far better option, even though online creates the illusion of a larger pool.

What Girls Said 11

• You: If you watched the video, do you agree women relinquish their control?

Me: Yes; in the sense that the guy's dad in the video meant. Women will relinquish control and that is when a man has the power.

You: Online dating gives preferential treatment to women: They don't know what it's like having an empty inbox for months but that's a typical situation for a male.

Me: Yes; this is true since men are the initiators and women are not.

You: They can go out to a bar and initiate with pretty much any male, if not, go to a new bar that has guys they like in it.

Me: Yes; this is true.

You: Ladies nights they get into clubs free.

Me: Yes; this is true.

You: They have no excuse. If I was female I wouldn't be single, it'd be TOO easy not to find someone. Men get arrested now if they approach a female and she doesn't like it.

Me: Yes; it is true that women have more options than man. Not all women and not all men. The arresting part of your post, while I agree and understand the sentiment, I do think this was a little hyperbole on your part. lol!

Here is my question to you, as @Jason_Waterfall stated so simplistically and elegantly, "Generally speaking, women hold all the power when it comes to dating and sex. " This statement is true. And you know this to be true. So why the hubbub? :)

Assuming this is true and can't be changed, what do you wish could be changed? What do you wish would be done differently within the confines of nature?

• Intentionally hyperbole to express my opinion rather than what sounds right. The sentiment was still understood so mission accomplished. I didn't want to sound misogynistic, rather have the reader understand the points in question.

The dissonance lies in the hypocritical treatment that society unfairly places men into. We can't show emotion, have to be the initiators, complaining is a red flag, have to provide, have to pay, and generally have all the responsibility of dating dumped into our laps while she takes none to little.

I don't care about changing anything. That wouldn't happen anyway, women have created a system that benefits them and will work to protect that. I am merely an observer of society, women have decided that my life is not worth normal social interaction. I merely observe and critique, what you people chose to do with it is your own regard.

• Nope only if she's attractive, If she's not then the girl has no power what so ever. It only takes a guy a couple seconds to know if he finds a girl attractive or not. Guys do have dating options to, if a girl likes him and thinks he's gorgeous but he doesn't feel the same way about her then he has the option to not make her his girlfriend.

• Compared to most guys, a lot of us do...

• No sane woman has unlimited dating options. You don't date certain people who just aren't the type of person you are looking for. Honestly though I thought it was the same for men. Men don't exactly make a move on every girl out there. You really don't think a lot of girls had crushes in highschool that went unnoticed because the guy wasn't interested?

• I don't think women ever state their intentions. Studies show women talk about 20000 words per day or more, so how hard is it to talk to that person she likes?

We're discussing her options, not how she plays the field.

• definitely true that girls have it easier

• the prettier ones. on average.

• Nope because they always like to friendzone

• Pretty and social girls, yes. Others not so much.

• I met a girl on a dating site once. She was not attractive. I mean like she was 400lbs. I asked her how old she was and she said she just turned 18 and was still in high school. I asked her how many guys she's slept with and she said 8. I was in shock. I immediately cancelled my membership to all dating apps and websites.

• @HaveAcookie Never said others don't date at all, they just don't have unlimited options.

• Ahhh hell no guys always pick the prettiest chick they can see how could be anyone so no also girls hope guys think that they are pretty also girls usually don't even ask people out so no

• Yet they go the majority of dates.

• Because they are usually despret for guys to like them

• And women dont do the same? I mean yea, men tend to go for hotter women, just hot women tend to go for the hotter men. Also, technically, women don't really go out and ask men out on a date because generally they don't have to we (men) have to come to the women.

• Only the attractive social women have this advantage, the rest of us are like guys, have to work to be noticed.

• the reason they have ladies night and all that is to attract more female patrons same with online dating. there are more women in the world than men, but a lot of women dont put themselved out there like that. women typically have higher standards when looking for relationships, but men will just settle for sex if they can't find a serious boo

What Guys Said 12

• so are you implying that guys would go for any girl xD cause that´s most definitely not the case.

girls have it way easier finding a partner for just sex. but ironically they usually don´t want that. however they have a harder time finding a serious relationship than men. cause that´s what girls want but often guys don´t xD

• Women definitely have an easier time in dating, you can't deny that.

All a woman has to do is open her messenger and she has 30 guys messaging her in the DMs

• Not all women; only hot ones

• obviously, they say beggars can't be choosers and all women nowadays are choosey as fuck for a reason

• They have a lot more options; therefore, they have no right to complain. If they are single, it is their fault. Women keep themselves single.

• Generally speaking, women hold all the power when it comes to dating and sex.

• Up your game, simple.

• Most women have it easier from the ages of 18-24. Most men have it harder between the ages of 18-24.

Most men have it easier from the ages of 30 upwards, and most women have it harder from the ages of 30 upwards.

• Easier for women, but I don't really have problems with it if I really like someone.

• It is easy to find low quality people to date so if that is what they want then yes it is easier for them at a bar. If they want someone of good quality for a relationship they don't have it easier. Especially once they have kids or pass 30.