Do you prefer coffee or drinks on a first date?

Coffee or Drinks on a First Date? Which do you prefer on a first date? Drinks or Coffee?

• Coffee
  • Drinks
  • Neither
    Vote C

6696

Most Helpful Girl

• I prefer to be more alert than inebriated on any given day. I'd prefer a coffee date.

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't like coffee, and I don't drink anymore. I like going to a pet store or shelter to play with fuzzy buddies.

• That is one of the better Ideas I have heard in a long time!

• Unless one of you have allergies, it's kinda perfect. It's free, either of you can bail easy if it's not going so great, and how a person relates to critters says a lot about them.

• Exactly... love it!

What Girls Said 65

• I drink, drinks, i feel more comfortable that way.
    and i don't drink coffee lol.

• If I had to choose between coffee or drinks, I'm a cup of coffee kinda gal as I dislike talking in a crowded bar/pub, drinks can get pricey for a first date, I don't care to share information that I find should be shared on a later date if I become tipsy.

Since the was an option for "neither" however, I chose that. As I prefer a first date that gets you out of your comfort zone but also allows chatting. A hike/walk through a community park, shooting pool, heading to a batting cage... etc.

• I prefer a blowjob & then swallowing.

• Sushi bitch.

• For a first date, coffee.

• Coffee date. I don't drink alcohol. ( I dislike the taste now ) So I wouldn't appreciate going out to a bar for a date

Going for a coffee is less formal , and the atmosphere is more relaxing

If a guy i liked asked if I wanted to meet up for coffee, I'd be more inclined to say yes. But considering I don't drink and i dislike bars , I'd decline the offer if he asked me if I wanted to go out for a drink

• I prefer getting nonalcoholic drinks first because it's usually during the daylight hours, you both are clear minded and not drawing incorrect conclusions, and if it goes well/ poorly you can continue/ end the date accordingly

• Hot cocoa when its snowing!

• Tea at an outdoor location where we can chat. U?

• Drinks. Much more relaxing than caffeine for a first date.

• Hot chocolate and cookies or pie or some other dessert... if you like him, you'll be spending most of your time sober, so get to know him sober first.

• Coffee. I prefer coffee than alcohol coz i might do something crazy if i'm drunkπŸ˜…

• I've learned that when I have drinks on a first date, I talk too much about myself and seem self-absorbed, but it's really single-parent-gets-to-be-an-adult-for-once syndrome. So I'm strictly determined to keep it alcohol free.

• If it's my First Date πŸ’• it's got to be romantic 😍, & it's the DRINKS 🍻 that would open up HEARTS πŸ’˜ better on this day (maybe more too πŸ˜‰). As for Coffee, I do love it, but mostly with friends & family. But, not on a Date. πŸ’Ÿ Cheers.

• I don"t drink any coffee or any alcohol. A cup of hot chocolate or some fizzy drinks...

• If the choice was tea or not chocolate for the first date, it'd be that, if the place only served coffee, I'd prefer alcohol πŸ˜‚

• I have the sleep schedule of a grandma and cannot stay awake for long enough to have drinks.

• Coffee because I'm admittedly a caffeine addict... So...

• I would say coffee, so that you can know the person, but if you are looking for a one night stand then drinks, always.

• I don't drink alcohol if I can help it. So of the two options, I prefer coffee.

• Teaaaaa

• Cofee

• Coffee... i dont wanna hear blaring music and have to shout between convo...

• I don't drink coffee, tea would be nice

• I'm not old enough to drink yet and coffee isn't my favorite so I'd rather get food or something

• Tea.

• Coffee

• Coffee.

• Neither, I feel like coffee breathe may kill the vibe, so I'd rather opt for tea, and drinking alcohol might make think I like someone who I don't

• Pepsi

• More from Girls
    35

What Guys Said 95

• I don't drink alcohol or coffee, so neither would be my first choice.

• The last girl I dated we went for drinks on our 1st date.

I just enjoy the relaxed atmosphere you can create and it's easier for her to open up in that environment.

Also, there's no specific time limit for drinks. It could either be 30mins or 3 hours depending on how well you both connect. Whereas with coffee, it could never be longer than an hour, really.

With drinks, You can travel to different locations after you've grown bored of your original meetup spot. This keeps things freah and she's more likely to remember the date.

You can't really travel around to different places if you're having coffee- instead you are limited to one specific coffee shop.

Coffee is great. Don't get me wrong I would utilize it occasionally for a midweek meetup. But certainly not as a first date choice.

I would never let it get past 2-3 drinks, because being drunk isn't acceptable. Walking the girl to a taxi afterwards is always a romantic way to end the date.

• Cuppa tea mate, or a hot chocolate, they're warming and relaxing whereas coffee is filled with caffeine, I have ADHD so coffee would be the last thing I would want on a date.

• It really depends.. I don't think I can say one is better than the other, it's really more about the dynamic of the relationship.. depends on that I guess you could

nevertheless, I think drinks are nice because it shows we can potentially let loose and kinda put those guards down... however coffee is just more versatile and more applicable. You can have a coffee for 30 mins almost anytime of the day for many reasons...

• Drinks, but time and location is more important than what you're drinking. You have afternoon coffee with business pros and old acquaintances so you can look forward to doing better things later. A night date is something to look forward to throughout the day.

• I don't like coffee and drinks are expensive.

I'd rather get a boba.

• Right now? None.
    Reason: Something that has just happed to me 3 weeks ago.
    This screen:
    http://oi65.tinypic.com/15x8lsk.jpg

Translation:
    Me: "Hey what if we hang out to go drink something one day?"
    Her: "No."

I met her while studying the same subject on September.
    When I said that to her, we already where in the middle of a pleasurable conversation.
    Yes, she blocked me immediately after that.

• drinks. even one beer tends to help loosen people up a little so they don't feel the need to impress. either you get along or you don't, no need to fake a connection by being "this person"

• Alcohol

• Coffee or Tea only on a first date.

No alcohol ever on a first date as it numbs the persons senses and they they start lying and bullshitting you!!!

• Coffee. There's a lot of pressure and fear when alcohol is involved.

Another underrated first date spot is getting smoothies 😁

• I never did that as a first date. We usually did something like bowling or minigolf, no wonder i am still single

• I offer. When I'm in a communication and trying to decide what to do for our first date, I ask, 'how about sum thing to drink? Jamba juice, coffee or beer?' What ever she decides let's me know who she is. And I approach with that mentality. So... Choose right ladies... Or you'll end up being my next ex. Lmao

• Prefer coffee, it’s less formal than evening drinks.

• I'd go with tea or coffee, it's less formal. If it's drinks that means I'm on the hook to pay for the rest of the evening, there's nothing worse than having to pay out money and it turns out she doesn't like you. I've never met a woman who was prepared to pay for anything on a date.

• No alcohol. I don't drink, and I've never dated someone who I know did.

• I say other. I want to know a gal sober so drinks are out. Coffee (at least caffeinated coffee) puts me to sleep.

• Could do both. I'd prefer coffee but honestly is better to know how the other person acts when drinking. Gives you better perspective of that person to watch them act without inhibitions.

• I'd prefer to have a date in the first place XD
    Coffee or alcohol is a minor issue
    But if it comes to that then I'd prefer coffee/tea

• Anything other than movies!

• It depends, if they are shyer and more friendly and sensitive coffee is a good way to go, but if they are more outgoing and flirtatious then drinks are a good way to go, but if they are a mixture of both then coffee

• Coffee

• I genuinely don't drink either. I would just get a juice or some water.

• Coffee or something similar, drinks are costly for one and makes you say things you may regret later

• Coffee. I like to drink, but coffee is more honest. Easier to not say dumb things. Aldo, i like to have my dates during the day.

• Coffee liquor is bad

• Neither

• First date, I'd go with coffee (although I usually order the biggest iced tea I can get).

• I prefer water. Not a fan of coffee and i very much dislike wine. Water/Soda are my choices

• A rock of crack

• More from Guys
    65