Do you prefer coffee or drinks on a first date?

Coffee or Drinks on a First Date? Which do you prefer on a first date? Drinks or Coffee?
  • Coffee
    Vote A
  • Drinks
    Vote B
  • Neither
    Vote C
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

1|3

Most Helpful Girl

• I prefer to be more alert than inebriated on any given day. I'd prefer a coffee date.

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't like coffee, and I don't drink anymore. I like going to a pet store or shelter to play with fuzzy buddies.

0|1
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • That is one of the better Ideas I have heard in a long time!

• Unless one of you have allergies, it's kinda perfect. It's free, either of you can bail easy if it's not going so great, and how a person relates to critters says a lot about them.

• Exactly... love it!

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 65

• I drink, drinks, i feel more comfortable that way.
    and i don't drink coffee lol.

0|5
    2|1
  • Sushi bitch.

1|3
    0|2
  • If I had to choose between coffee or drinks, I'm a cup of coffee kinda gal as I dislike talking in a crowded bar/pub, drinks can get pricey for a first date, I don't care to share information that I find should be shared on a later date if I become tipsy.

Since the was an option for "neither" however, I chose that. As I prefer a first date that gets you out of your comfort zone but also allows chatting. A hike/walk through a community park, shooting pool, heading to a batting cage... etc.

1|4
    0|0
  • Coffee date. I don't drink alcohol. ( I dislike the taste now ) So I wouldn't appreciate going out to a bar for a date

Going for a coffee is less formal , and the atmosphere is more relaxing

If a guy i liked asked if I wanted to meet up for coffee, I'd be more inclined to say yes. But considering I don't drink and i dislike bars , I'd decline the offer if he asked me if I wanted to go out for a drink

0|0
    0|0
  • If it's my First Date πŸ’• it's got to be romantic 😍, & it's the DRINKS 🍻 that would open up HEARTS πŸ’˜ better on this day (maybe more too πŸ˜‰). As for Coffee, I do love it, but mostly with friends & family. But, not on a Date. πŸ’Ÿ Cheers.

0|1
    0|0
  • I prefer getting nonalcoholic drinks first because it's usually during the daylight hours, you both are clear minded and not drawing incorrect conclusions, and if it goes well/ poorly you can continue/ end the date accordingly

0|2
    0|0
  • I've learned that when I have drinks on a first date, I talk too much about myself and seem self-absorbed, but it's really single-parent-gets-to-be-an-adult-for-once syndrome. So I'm strictly determined to keep it alcohol free.

0|1
    0|0
  • Hot chocolate and cookies or pie or some other dessert... if you like him, you'll be spending most of your time sober, so get to know him sober first.

0|2
    0|0
  • Coffee. I prefer coffee than alcohol coz i might do something crazy if i'm drunkπŸ˜…

0|1
    0|0
  • Drinks. Much more relaxing than caffeine for a first date.

0|1
    0|0
  • I don"t drink any coffee or any alcohol. A cup of hot chocolate or some fizzy drinks...

0|1
    0|0
  • Well I mean it depends on what type you're wanting to attract, drinks numb the senses but can also disguise the persons personality for better or worse lol Whereas a sober person can give you a better idea of how they are on average.

0|0
    0|0
  • I would say coffee, so that you can know the person, but if you are looking for a one night stand then drinks, always.

0|0
    0|0
  • I have the sleep schedule of a grandma and cannot stay awake for long enough to have drinks.

0|1
    0|0
  • Neither, I feel like coffee breathe may kill the vibe, so I'd rather opt for tea, and drinking alcohol might make think I like someone who I don't

0|0
    0|0
  • Coffee because I'm admittedly a caffeine addict... So...

0|1
    0|0
  • If the choice was tea or not chocolate for the first date, it'd be that, if the place only served coffee, I'd prefer alcohol πŸ˜‚

0|0
    0|0
  • I despise coffee and I’m not allowed to drink lol, I like water or orange juice. ✨

0|2
    0|0
  • I don't drink alcohol if I can help it. So of the two options, I prefer coffee.

0|0
    0|0
  • Coffee... i dont wanna hear blaring music and have to shout between convo...

0|0
    0|0
  • More from Girls

What Guys Said 95

• I don't drink alcohol or coffee, so neither would be my first choice.

0|0
    0|0
  • Drinks, but time and location is more important than what you're drinking. You have afternoon coffee with business pros and old acquaintances so you can look forward to doing better things later. A night date is something to look forward to throughout the day.

0|0
    0|0
  • It really depends.. I don't think I can say one is better than the other, it's really more about the dynamic of the relationship.. depends on that I guess you could

nevertheless, I think drinks are nice because it shows we can potentially let loose and kinda put those guards down... however coffee is just more versatile and more applicable. You can have a coffee for 30 mins almost anytime of the day for many reasons...

0|0
    0|0
  • I offer. When I'm in a communication and trying to decide what to do for our first date, I ask, 'how about sum thing to drink? Jamba juice, coffee or beer?' What ever she decides let's me know who she is. And I approach with that mentality. So... Choose right ladies... Or you'll end up being my next ex. Lmao

0|0
    0|0
  • It depends, if they are shyer and more friendly and sensitive coffee is a good way to go, but if they are more outgoing and flirtatious then drinks are a good way to go, but if they are a mixture of both then coffee

0|0
    0|0
  • I'd go with tea or coffee, it's less formal. If it's drinks that means I'm on the hook to pay for the rest of the evening, there's nothing worse than having to pay out money and it turns out she doesn't like you. I've never met a woman who was prepared to pay for anything on a date.

0|0
    0|0
  • Cuppa tea mate, or a hot chocolate, they're warming and relaxing whereas coffee is filled with caffeine, I have ADHD so coffee would be the last thing I would want on a date.

0|0
    0|0
  • Coffee or Tea only on a first date.

No alcohol ever on a first date as it numbs the persons senses and they they start lying and bullshitting you!!!

0|0
    0|0
  • drinks. even one beer tends to help loosen people up a little so they don't feel the need to impress. either you get along or you don't, no need to fake a connection by being "this person"

0|0
    0|0
  • A good coffee is good for thinking. Since a good lady is good for stop thinking =D

0|0
    0|0
  • Could do both. I'd prefer coffee but honestly is better to know how the other person acts when drinking. Gives you better perspective of that person to watch them act without inhibitions.

0|0
    0|0
  • The last girl I dated we went for drinks on our 1st date.

I just enjoy the relaxed atmosphere you can create and it's easier for her to open up in that environment.

Also, there's no specific time limit for drinks. It could either be 30mins or 3 hours depending on how well you both connect. Whereas with coffee, it could never be longer than an hour, really.

With drinks, You can travel to different locations after you've grown bored of your original meetup spot. This keeps things freah and she's more likely to remember the date.

You can't really travel around to different places if you're having coffee- instead you are limited to one specific coffee shop.

Coffee is great. Don't get me wrong I would utilize it occasionally for a midweek meetup. But certainly not as a first date choice.

I would never let it get past 2-3 drinks, because being drunk isn't acceptable. Walking the girl to a taxi afterwards is always a romantic way to end the date.

0|0
    0|0
  • I genuinely don't drink either. I would just get a juice or some water.

0|1
    0|0
  • I don't like coffee and drinks are expensive.

I'd rather get a boba.

0|1
    0|0
  • Let's get intimate and break down these barriers that humans tend to construct. Cause if that spark is there I want her NOW... I'm on the "no patience" team...

0|0
    0|0
  • Coffee. There's a lot of pressure and fear when alcohol is involved.

Another underrated first date spot is getting smoothies 😁

0|0
    0|0
  • Coffee when I feel a stronger connection right away plus I'm into fitness. Can't really ask girls in the gym for drinks lol

0|0
    0|0
  • No alcohol. I don't drink, and I've never dated someone who I know did.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'd prefer to have a date in the first place XD
    Coffee or alcohol is a minor issue
    But if it comes to that then I'd prefer coffee/tea

0|0
    0|0
  • Prefer coffee, it’s less formal than evening drinks.

0|0
    0|0
  • More from Guys

Recommended myTakes