Would you date someone with acne?

Would you date someone with acne?Let's say you meet a girl/guy and she/he has a great personality and also is attractive, but has acne or acne scars, but not that severe, would you be grossed out by that or be cool with that and date her/him? P. S This isn't about me. I've never had acne in my life, just pimples here and there. I personally wouldn't give a shit and date that person, I mean I don't really give much attention to looks.

• Yes
    94%(32)94%(90)Vote94%(58)
  • No
    6%(2)6%(6)Vote6%(4)

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes i would.

We share a mutual belief. I don't pay so much attention to looks. I won't say i do not care at all. But for me; i see a beauty in everyone. Personality is the most important part of humans. Character and behavioral functions.

Further; acne would never be part of my consideration to decide my relationship with someone. Acne is a result of complications within skin's pigments. The root and the cause can come from variable sources. In most cases it's out of the person's control. I don't find logic in judging someone for what they can not control.

Moreover; If i really like someone; i will work hard to help them to actually get rid of them. Through any problems and complications in general. That's how you define true feelings if it's actually real enough. In my opinion; this is also being human, having compassion and being reasonable. Because this is something that can be worked on and be healed. I am not saying i am demanding a change or downgrading someone due acne; but the fact is that it's an skin issue regarding skin's health. So if the condition is treatable, i'd stand by her giving her all my support, doing anything i can to help her to improve her skin's condition not leaving them behind all because [your skin is not perfect enough]. What a stinking logic that would be. Thankfully i don't have that kind of mentality and character.

Good Luck.

Most Helpful Girl

• Yeah, it wouldn't bother or gross me out. We're all human beings, acne is something a lot people have - if you meet someone great that shouldn't be a road block. Acne isn't permanent, it'll go. On the other hand, you don't meet great people you vibe with everyday so this shouldn't really be an issue.

What Guys Said 17

• As long as you can see beyond the acne, then it isn't an issue. I had it bad during my last year of high school. It destroyed my confidence. But, my friends didn't judge me. Got rid of it in university and it improved my social skills and confidence. We shouldn't criticize those that are struggling with acne because it really is a sensitive thing even though acne doesn't look nice on the face.

• Yeah. I don't see the problem

• I would, and besides, I've got a few myself, so it would be kind of hypocritical of me to not be OK with it

• Just because it's not an attractive trait doesn't mean it's a deal breaker by any means.

• Yes.

• Got multiple skin problems myself, but my girlfriend and her perfect model skin doesn't matter lol. Think it's about the person in a relationship, maybe not in a one night stand tho.

• yes why not it goes away in a few years time

• I don't care about acne coz it's normal and happen in teenage coz of hormones

• As long as it's acne and not actually herpes then I'd have no issue at all with it.

• Yes. I'm really not that shallow. I think my only deal breaker would be if she was greatly overweight.

• Acne doesn't define the person

• Everyone has/had acne. As long as it's not ridicolous and the person is otherwise attractive.

• ur basically asking if u would date anyone young

• No, many adults have it too

• I'm 24 and I can't get rid of my acne despite my best efforts. In fact, it's even worse than when I was teenager.

• its just starting to bother me less and less

• Yeah

• Not a problem.

• I don't care

• No, I wouldn't. That's gross.

What Girls Said 12

• My boyfriend was cursed with really bad acne on his face. It never goes away. He’s gotta take some sulfur pill now and put topical stuff on it that basically burns off layers of skin. No matter what he was still attractive, sure acne can be kind of like an area to avoid because it can be painful to touch but acne can be temporary and it’d be unfair to judge someone off it.

• Imagine being that much of a cunt that you wouldn’t date somebody just because they had acne/acne scars, how awful can you be?

• Yes I will. I'd even help him fix his acne. Build his confidence. love him

• Well I have acne too. It goes away eventually.

• Yes, I'd still date him. Acne isn't a deal- breaker for me.

I take appearance into consideration. I need to be physically attracted to a guy, but I'd look beyond his acne, because acne isn't part of his physical features. It's a skin condition.

• I really don't think that people should choose partners by their looks, especially with acne. That's just sad..

• Acne comes and go. And I don't see it as a big problem.

• No thanks bruh

• Sure l don't mind it.

• I mean, hygiene is very important to me, but it isn't a deal-breaker. :)

• hygiene? You really think acne is caused by lack of hygiene? A lot of people clean their faces and still have acne, maybe read some more about that😊 Because now you're offending people with acne, cause you think they're unhygienic..

• I like acne scars.

• If the acne won’t try to abuse me, rape me, keep me hostile, etc, sure