Would/could you date someone (male & female) with self harm scars?

These are screenshots of scars from Google! Can scars like these be excepted in a relationship? Can a person with scars like this find someone that loves them? I'm having talks with someone that has similar and is adamant they will never find someone that will except them with these. Would/could you date someone (male & female) with self harm scars?Would/could you date someone (male & female) with self harm scars?Would/could you date someone (male & female) with self harm scars?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Some scars like these are on the outside, some are on the inside. We all carry baggage, have a past. We all seek to love and be loved. As a sole reason scars would not be a deal breaker.

1|0
    0|0
    • 100% true and very well said!

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Yes I will try to help them as much as possible I did it for a while to

1|0
    0|0
    • Did.. so you stopped? Well done 👏🏻 sometimes it takes someone who's knows to except it in many things. Thank you

• I you to hurt myself to divert stress and emotion really I just stopped before going to extreme I used to play contact sport as when I get hit I have a rush of adreline but now due to weightlifting and now not giving a shit I stopped

• Interesting, self harm scars are generally a red flag. But with some help a person who does this sort of thing can have a deep and meaningful relationship. YOU HAVE TO LOVE YOURSELF BEFORE YOU CAN LOVE ANYONE ELSE!

0|0
    0|0
    • But as they scars and they have healed mentally it's just scars from the past and now except they love themselves but fear the scars won't allow it?

• Show All
    • Well done you! It's not the easiest to recover from. And your right, it takes time and commitment to give themselves something to do to focus on other than destroying themselves inside and out. I've not been there myself but know many people that have and are battling with there demons, so I see the daily struggles to just get through another day.. but those who like yourself have fought these battles and now stronger and more confident to go back out in to the world with visible scars have to teach themselves that they are and can be loved for who they are not what they look like!

• That's the reason for my question today as someone so very close to my heart feels they will never be excepted or loved because of the scars, and this question I asked was to prove to them that some not all can and will except them for them and see past the scars. I'm thankful that more than I expected answered with positive feedback. And I hope this proves to them that someone someday will love them unconditionally! Our minds are way more powerful than we know and is the first step to self help!

• I could date someone with self harm scars under the following conditions:
    1) If the scars do not ruin the looks of the person.
    2) The scars are not fresh.

0|0
    0|0
    • No the ones I'm talking about is more like pic 1 not fresh scabs scars

• Well, in that case the criteria are met, hence I would see no reason to discard the individual due to them.

• Loving them for them 🙏

• No, wouldn't bother wasting my time. I have a lot going on in my life to bother on someone else sick life. I have better things to do like living a no drama peaceful life!

0|0
    0|0
    • Wasting time to fall for or date someone that has obviously had a troubled past but has over come it tho has scars? So they could have the best personality but it's all down to looks?

• Show All
    • I do not and never have self harm! Nor am I making excuses for them but there are reasons and everyone's are different for what they do and as I know a few people that struggled and a 1 that over come it and also 1 who couldn't take much more sadly isn't here today. Many people have different struggles and find there own way, unfortunately self harm to them at the time they start is the only way they can deal with it. And tbh it's attitudes like yourself that when someone reaches out for help and gets told to fix up don't actually help and can n has pushed them further in to a hole. Not everyone has had a pretty life but those who have clearly don't see the daily struggles of those who are suffering in silence and pain. Compassion and understanding could really help you to be less judgmental! One day a friend may need you will you notice the signs of help they cry! Unfortunately no I don't think so

• I am sorry. I do not mean to be insensitive.
      I grew up in a 3rd world country where depression is not an excuse to perform less in life.
      I hope you or your friend will get the support you need.
      My opinion was that I wouldn't bother seeing someone who did self mutilation or harming himself because my plate is full.
      But I welcome becoming friends with people who have this kind of background.

I wish you all the best and happiness in life!

• I mean, excessive scarring (3rd pic) is quite a turn-off, but surely people would accept these. It is a tail chase, considering it is a constant reason to worry ('will they do it again?'), but not *unnaceptable.*

0|0
    0|0
    • Yes 3rd is quite shocking I just choose these to show different kind of self harm scaring.. and with them being scars and the person comfortable with themselves as they grew, wouldn't start again as that was there trouble from the past

• Being assured that they would not try again, I think I can get over it easily. They're all stories afterall.

• Very true and we all have a past and sadly many people have had to struggle to grow to love who they are today.

• Of course! I personally see nothing wrong with scars.

1|0
    0|0
  • It's definitely a red flag, people who have cut are usually relatively unstable people and I don't think it's healthy to be around them. Definitely couldn't date a girl with scars

0|0
    0|0
    • A red flag of pain they suffered in the past! And not who they are now.. so it's all about looks?

• Show All
    • It's not just about looks, it's that they look that way for a reason. I've gone through some shit, think I haven't? Never made me fucking cut, why? because I'm not a mental case, I understand that pain is bad, and cutting is bad. No %100 sane person cuts.

• Yes pain suffering on obviously a different kind of level you clearly wouldn't understand, self harm is on the rise and if everyone was more aware or understanding then no doubt if those who could see the pain reached out to them other than shut them of and for many if no one reaches out it has gone to a different level and take there own life! These scars could stem from anything from sexual abuse neglect bullies or just the need to feel excepted. So even without knowing why you would still walk on by?

• Personally yes... it could be a challenge for me to see if i can calm a dirty and frustrated soul down

1|0
    0|0
  • It would be a shock to see them, and it would definitely warn me about their problems, but that's just all the reason to love them more.

1|0
    0|0
  • There perspective of life would have had to completely change. I couldn’t see someone like me ever getting along with someone that doesn’t value themselves.

0|0
    0|0
    • So of they valued themselves then scars (as that's what they are) wouldn't be an issue not to date them?

• Show All
    • Sometimes the world is cruel and it forces people to do this and it's sad they feel it's the only way and sadly there's many out there that do it and everyday someone starts, normally because another person has made them feel this low and worthless

• I went to an inner city high school. I know many people with terrible life’s. Children who were sexually assaulted, abused, druggies for parents etc... many wallowed in self depression. However they valued there body and dealt with the pain in other ways. They learned to cope in ways that wouldn’t involve hurting themselves more. The fact that someone would think “I’m grieving, this mental pain hurts too much so I’ll take a blade to my skin,” is ridiculous. To me it shows they don’t know how to properly handle emotions such as extreme sadness, depression etc... If they seek therapy and are now mentally stable, yes I would date them.

• Not too sure to be honest. Might depend on the person.

0|0
    0|0
  • No cause they don’t love themselves and if you don’t love yourself you can’t ask anyone to love you.

0|0
    0|0
  • Not if they were plentiful. I don't need that drama.

0|0
    1|0
  • I think that if you love some one there body shouldn't matter more than like 20 %

0|0
    0|0
  • If it's not too much yeah probably

1|0
    0|0
  • yes I would

1|0
    0|0
  • Personally yes x

1|0
    0|0
  • Since there is love you can

1|0
    0|0
  • Why would you want to take on so much baggage?

0|0
    0|0
    • Would you date a single mum? Same kind of thing tho this is more of a troubled past being scars

• Are you implying that as single mom has done that to herself?

• Depends if they were from injections

0|0
    0|0
  • Definitely

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes