Is it weird that I'm attracted to older men?

Like 10/15 years older? I literally don't really find anyone my age attractive. The only time I've had a sexual attraction to someone was when they are older. I'm 21.

56128

Most Helpful Guys

• Well, first off, guys your age haven't, by and large, figured out who they are or what they want. So it could easily be as simple as you being attached to men that are confident, established, and know what (and who) they want to pursue. That's not uncommon at all in women.

It could also mean that you're more attracted to protector/provider types and older men tend to have more means to provide and more experience on how to protect (especially emotionally). This isn't uncommon in women either. So no, it's not that odd.

• That is how biology works.
    Females subconsient is set to feel attractive to men that can protect and are stable to maintain a family.

Now if you add to that girls usually mature faster than guys, that means you might be 21 but your mental maturity might be years beyond that.

To put it into perspective, you might have started having feelings of wanting a family and kids already while your 21 crush is having fantasies about having threesomes and doing sctacy at clubs, but your single 30 y'ol neighbore is doing everything you wish your man should do.

BUT there is a HUGE problem in this equaliton. I know first hand because my parents are 10 years apart.
    When your guy starts hitting 45 your magical life will be over unless he is welthy. He will become fat or unattractive, he will have erection problems while you at your 35s would still be craving sex a few days a week. You will want to go places and hangout but he will just not have the energy for it. And if you have children at an old age, when they hit their teens your man will be too tired already for all the sports and activities a dad-son could do.
    That is not how always goes, but is one problem that is very real and happens very often, so beware and choose wisely.

Most Helpful Girls

• I would not say it is weird, its perfectly normal especially for young women who are emotionally and mentally more mature. this is most common under those who had to grow up sooner. I mean it is weird for me to be dating a guy that is 23.

I do urge you to proceed with caution, especially because you too. like. myself is very young. remember that your life is still starting, there is much of life you. still need to learn and experience that an older man would have already, this essentially means that you do not grow together and more often. than not they "raise" the young woman into adulthood.

• If it helps, I’m 20 and currently have a crush on someone 15 years older than I am. I do get what you’re saying though. I don’t find any guy my age or around my age attractive enough as to pursue a relationship with them. Those guys I friendzone really hard.