boyfriend is completely ignoring me and we live together, what should I do?

We have been dating for over a year and half and we live together, 3 weeks ago i started a job at his work place and everything was fine we were both excited and looking forward to it. After a few days, he started waking up later, i always had to go to work and back home alone. He started staying up late nights and we only spend time on weekends when we do whatever he wants because he never wants to do my stuff. This week, the 4th since i started, everything was fine on Monday, but he got some bad critique of his work on Tuesday, and since then, he has just locked himself in the bedroom. I have resigned to sleeping a different room, because he doesn't want me there. Every day he comes home, he goes in there and closes the door. We don't talk at work and he pretends im not there if i try to talk to him. He doesn't eat, he doesn't talk to me, he replies to my messages with one word and his sentences, when he writes, have a mean tone. He told me there's nothing i could do to help and to leave him alone, which i have, and i only write to him stuff like' have a good day ' and' there's food in the fridge' to which he always replies with 'cool' 'thanks' 'yeah'. He has done this in the past many times, understandable after a bad day, but he always blamed me for not 'helping' him enough in the end, and blaming me for not insisting on it further to make him talk, but now, if i try talking he flat out tells me to go away and shut up. He has never ignored me like this before, he would usually talk to me and tell me that he needs a day or two and he'll be fine.
I'm really losing my patience as this happens prettiest often, like i said, and i think he doesn't know/care/understand how shitty this makes me feel. I tried grabbing him some beer the other day since i thought it might cheer him up/relax him after a long day, he flat out said ' i told you i didn't want it.. I was sure you were gonna do this, nevermind'. I don't bug or nag him, and i fear he will start blaming me again
Ps: even his bestfriend has contacted me because he isn't talking and he is also worried. I have stopped blaming myself and just decided to wait, but there will be huge repercussions to this, as i have had enough until now. I love him to death, and i understand and supported him in every way, but i feel i am taken for granted, like he will come in a few days and act like nothing happened and expect me to be happy. He acts like a woman who feels wronged, but im very confused if i triggered this..
Every previous time this has happened was somehow work related, either something stressful or a huge task or deadlines. I always took as such and gave him the extra space during those periods even if sometimes it backfired and i got blamed for various reasons. We don't see each other every moment of every day, we work for 9 hours and we barely see one another at work, and when we get home, we have our downtime separate to blow off steam. We are not clingy or too in each others space

1135

Most Helpful Girl

• This honestly sounds like a personality disorder... which there are three classified groups of disorders. I'm not a therapist or psychologist or anything, but it might be worth spending time looking into it. I read a lot about mental illness because it occurs in my family, and almost everyone has a mental disorder of some kind since there are hundreds of them. I've also dated people with different personality disorders. It seems like depression is certainly a part of his situation. Borderline personality disorder comes to mind, which is not what most people think it is. It's a disorder characterized by mood instability such as depression or lashing out, negative self-image distortion, inability to deal to conflict or discourse meaning they can totally idealize someone one moment but when conflict or slight seperation occurs they can switch to extreme irritation and anger. Often they accuse the other person of not caring enough or not doing enough to help them or make them happy.
    ... this can also affect their eating habits and spending habits (excess or bare minimum)
    ... again I'm not a professional, but he kind of rings true of someone with borderline personality disorder, which is very common (2% of the population) and very manageable, but also very detrimental to relationships because the other person essentially is seen as responsible for their happiness... and if they aren't happy, then they will make sure their partners aren't either since they hold them responsible.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE