Have you ever rejected someone because you thought they were out of your league?

0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• Nooope. No one is really out of anywone's league... unless one were to look like Gollum lol. It's all about self confidence and self worth

1|1
    1|0
  • Sort of.

But it wasn't due to her being high up the scale in terms of beauty, it was the fact that her beauty had attracted men of means through her entire adult life. She was accustomed to a lifestyle I had no desire of helping her maintain. I had known her a little while, and was aware she was with a wealthy guy only for his money. She split with him to try and coax me into seeing her. I knew she couldn't give up the money. Within weeks of my rejection she went back with him and married him. I know it would have happened eventually as the money was more important to her.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girls

• I haven't done that - but there were times where I rejected a guy that was out of my league because I didn't care that he was out of my league or because he thought that being more attractive than me gave him the right to disrespect me or ask for sex. I don't know why I like some people and not others - but I rejected a perfectly good guy who was good looking and smart and nice and rich and I have no idea why! I just wasn't attracted to him.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yeah. I didn't openly reject him, but looking back on it now, he was very clearly into me but I was too blind to see that, and a couple months later he got a girlfriend but strangely continued to give me signs that he liked me.. I guess I didn't react quickly enough, but to be fair it was at least a couple months lol 😅

I think I was just so confused at the prospect that this attractive guy is into me and couldn't really put us together in my mind

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 40

• No. If she is that interested, I must be doing something Right.

1|0
    0|0
  • Out of my league as in, *below* my league? Yeah, I have... but not a girl who was *above* my league. Why on Earth would anyone reject someone who's ABOVE their league, yet interested in them?

1|0
    0|0
  • I've never had a chick outright reject me. Ever!

But being "one of those guys that has lots of options", or "too mysterious" and so on... A lot of chicks I wanted to show a good time ruined it for themselves!

1|0
    0|0
  • I've never been approached, let alone by someone out of my league. Women monkey branch up mostly, and across sometimes, but never down. Well, sometimes down, but it's usually a poor choice on the rebound or under the effects of drugs and/or alcohol. Then she just files rape charges and puts it all behind her. That's why if a woman clearly of higher status than myself came onto me, I'd just disappear without a word. That's a no win situation for most men.

1|0
    0|0
  • I have rejected someone out of my league, but not because she was out of my league; I just simply didn't like her.
    Yes, she was good-looking, but there's much more to relationships than just looks, and her personality/behavior turned me off.

2|0
    0|0
  • Yes, because I KNEW i was being "led on" by someone who had no real interest in me. It took her aback that I rejected her first. I was wise to what she had in mind.

1|0
    0|0
  • I don't believe in a leagues but if I did I reckon with most of my relationships I was punching above my weight looks wise but I have a very strong personality so maybe that is what evens it out.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yep and a few i didn't even try to know better I pulled a 180°

1|0
    0|0
    • What does that mean?

• I was meaning some I really liked and thought they was hot as hell but I didn't even try to get to know them and when I said I pulled a 180° I mean I avoided them completely

• I actually have in the past. I was going through I a lot of self confidence issues. Essentially I had little value in myself.

1|1
    0|0
  • No that would be crazy. If I am lucky enough to have a very good looking girl talking to me I am not going to throw that away without good reasons. Saying 'she is too good for me' is weak.

1|1
    0|0
  • No, but i kind of keep a distance from the girls that i consider way more beautiful than i am. Honestly i dont think it is really healthy to have a really good looking partner compared to you, because you think that you are ugly and he/she can leave you at any time for a more attractive person than you. Guys are known to go for a girls looks, as opposed to girls who goes for what a guy is made of (his character, etc) for a serious relationship.

0|0
    0|0
  • I have dubbed people, specifically popular girls, only because their minds are weak, if you sit on a couch all day, sleep and watch only jersey shore, you got problems, regardless how beautiful. Find a hobby, caus you bore me.

0|0
    0|0
  • i was never knowingly aproached by someone i thought to be out of my league.

1|1
    0|0
  • I never do that, its only when I don't find them attractive or have good chemistry going on with me.

1|0
    0|0
  • Why the hell would I do that?(if it actually happened)

0|0
    0|0
  • No... But I've been rejected because of that. Don't even get why, I'm ugly.

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope coz i feel like its really mean, would u like it if someone treated u like this?

0|0
    0|0
  • first u tell me how to recognize whether the other person is ur league or not?

0|0
    0|0
  • Once yeah, biggest mistake of my life!

1|1
    0|0
    • Can you give me details?

• A little less than 10 years ago now, I was friends with this smoking hot, super funny and generally great girl; we got on like a house on fire and life was good. Long story short, after a day at an amusement park with her and a bunch of her other friends, me and her ended up flirting pretty hard with each other which (about 1 week later) lead to some pretty intense sex. The next morning she left to go home and I was left feeling oddly insecure about what our future was; she was so damn fine and I have always been "middle of the road" in the looks department - so I let my insecurity get the better of me and called it all off with her. She was upset and refused to talk to me for a while but I was sure that it was the right thing to do to preserve my own fragile ego.

• Thanks for sharing.

• My life story.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes two times

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes a lot of times

1|0
    0|0
    • Yes even a good looking girl kisses me in the club i will ignore her texts the next day because i dont trust good looking girls

• Nope, I've been rejected for that tho...

1|0
    0|0
  • No, no one is ever out of your league

1|0
    0|0
  • No I'm not mentally handicapped.

1|0
    0|0
  • I hate that phrase.

1|1
    0|0
  • Nope it's stupid and sabotaging my happiness

1|0
    0|0
  • Nope, it was because she was nuts.

1|0
    0|0
  • Nope, I don't have one

1|0
    0|0
  • No because her soul is what I need

1|0
    0|0
  • Show more from Guys

What Girls Said 17

• Lol no. And that is total bullshit to me. If someone out of my league wants me, meaning they're too good for me and actually can make me a better person, I'd be stupid to let them go, let alone REJECT them.

1|0
    0|0
  • I’ve rejected both people that were immature and not well liked and other people who were more outgoing and well liked

1|0
    0|0
  • All the time actually when I was in high school. Apparently I was a lot cuter than I felt.🤷🏾‍♀️

1|0
    0|0
  • I was always rejected on how I looked. No I never rejected no one

1|0
    0|0
  • I've rejected someone because I didn't think he deserved me, don't know if that's the same

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, the first guy that ever asked me out. I just couldn't get why he was into me.

0|0
    0|0
    • Be always self confident , sometimes we can't see our own beauty , takes someone from the outside IYKWIM 😁

• No. But I would literally change my mind about talking to a fine boy.

1|0
    0|0
  • For me, it's the other way around... Usually I'm out of their league.

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope.

1|0
    0|0
  • that's the only reason why I've rejected people

0|0
    0|0
  • No, never happened

0|0
    0|0
  • No , i just rejected them for something else

0|0
    0|0
  • Uh yes

0|0
    0|0
  • yes, I rejected a guy cause he was well know in the town and was handsome and I thought I am not pretty enough for him. That he can have someone much better.

1|0
    0|0
  • Nope. I usually reject a guy over something OTHER than looks.

1|0
    0|0
  • yes and regret it after a couple of months.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yeah I’ve rejected a guy because I thought he had tons of options so I didn’t trust his motives.

1|2
    0|0
    • Shame you girls do that. Been there myself... Many times. She gets asked out, ditches the chance, tries in her own little way to chase you back. By that point my interest is long gone.

• Show All
    • @FreshOutaIdeas to be honest you came across as arrogant so I simply lost interest (perhaps it’s the lack of tone in writing), but it’s late here so I’m off to bed and will reply once I get some free time.

• I look forward to your reply.

Don't confuse arrogance with honesty though, I'm blunt in my views on all things dating and hitting the sack with the fairer sex. Just think women (and men) are and have been on a bad course.

Recommended myTakes