Would you steal someone's partner?

Would you steal someone's partner?
  • Yeah
  • No..

5270

Most Helpful Guys

• It would have to be very specific circumstances. I've only heard one story where the guy sort of stole another guys girl that was understandable.

It was a situation where she had a college boyfriend for years who she was engaged to without actually being engaged. No ring, no date set and there was just a lofty "after I graduate law school" idea down the road. New guy comes in the picture. Is enamored with the girl, but respects the fact she's with someone and does nothing.

He goes on about his life not seeing or talking to her for an entire 365. Happens to see her again through a mutual friend who was planning a visit, when he finds out her situation hadn't changed. No ring. No real engagement. He thinks this girl is just amazing and decides to pursue her respectfully.

Basically just invited her out on dates 1 on 1. He flirted but never made a move on her. After several dates she brought up asking about his intentions. That's when he told her he's wildly attracted to her and wants to get to know her, but she has a boyfriend so that's a problem. Then reaffirmed he just wanted to get to know her.

Obviously in time she formed feelings for him. They end up making out. She feels guilty and breaks things off with him before they were even dating. She tells him she has to figure things out as far as her relationship is concerned. He tells her he loves everything about her except her taste in men and follows with if you change your mind I'll be around.

He doesn't hear from her for weeks. Ends up getting a text from her when he's in town for the wedding of a mutual friend. They see eachother and go out where she tells him she ended things with the boyfriend. Blah blah blah, they date seriously for 1 year when they got married and had kids. Still happily married till this day.

Quite a story lol and you could oversimplify it to demonize either party. But no one was really wrong. How many relationships do you know where the only reason they are still together is because they've been together so long? The type of relationship the guy just calls his girlfriend His fiance even tho he never proposed and has no plans of doing so.

To me, if someone else comes along. Truly loves her. She falls in love with him AND there's no ring? While I wouldn't say I support it. I can understand and wouldn't demonize either party.

• So TLDR;

Generally speaking No.
      Special circumstances when there is reciprocal love then possibly

• You can't steal anyone's partner, some people believe so but it's not true, if your partner goes away with someone else it means you never "had them"

Most Helpful Girls

• I mean if he left his partner for me just like that, or even worse - cheated. how could I ever take him seriously?

• nah... you can't steal someone. it's their choice to cheat with you...

• Yes you can steal someone and you’re right it is their choice to cheat with you. It takes two!

• That would mean you'd be dating a cheater then.

• @angelin the cheater cannot be stolen without his consent. Therefore the cheater made that choice of being tempted by the 3rd party to be unfaithful to their so.