Do you find the attractiveness of the face or the attractiveness of the body to be more important in a partner?

This is asked in a dating context, so please choose your answer with that in mind. If your answer is different in a purely sexual context, you can mention it in your comment, but don't vote according to that.

For the purpose of this question, there is no "Neither is important" or "Both are equally important" options. If you can't decide which you find more important, just don't vote.
  • Do you find the attractiveness of the face or the attractiveness of the body to be more important in a partner?The attractiveness of the face is more important to me.
    Vote A
  • Do you find the attractiveness of the face or the attractiveness of the body to be more important in a partner?The attractiveness of the body is more important to me.
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

1|0

Most Helpful Guys

• I probably think the face is the most important thing here, but it's difficult to choose though. And here's why.

1. Faces and bodies affects each others. If you've an overweight body, your face would look round and overweight too. Fat people have fat faces, so although the eyes are good doesn't mean the other facial features would look good. Fatness can affect your whole face.

2. How severe or good would the body and faces be? It all depends from scenario to scenario. There's so many combinations here like:

- A beautiful face, but ugly body
    - A beautiful face, but average body
    - An ugly face, but beautiful body
    - An average face, but beautiful body
    etc. etc. etc.

I would rather have one with an average face and beautiful body than an ugly face and beautiful body or a beautiful face and ugly body. Since I can't pick both a good body and face, I would say my most preferred are a beautiful face and an average body. The body better be slim.

0|3
    1|0
  • The attractiveness of the body is ultimately more important to me, which I believe is the case with most other people despite their failure to acknowledge it being so.

I think people are too fixated on face being the determinant of the overall degree of attractiveness, and that they underestimate/fail to acknowledge the amount of people they automatically dismiss on the grounds of what their body is like.

I personally dismiss at least 80% of people because of their height and weight, even though I'm sure that most of those people's faces would be well within my preferences otherwise.

1|0
    0|1
    • Exactly. Dude, why do people keep denying this?

If a man has a fit body his chances of getting a date are INCREASED BY, like, a thousand percent maybe? If he’s fat his approach will most likely be perceived as creepy or perverted. This rarely happens with guys who are hot; their looks compensate for a lot of their behaviors!

(I think same applies for women?)

Most Helpful Girls

• His face, his eyes are what draw me in first; yet there is a body type that attracts me to his face. I love his body to be that long lean swimmers bod that shows he's spent time in the water, he cares about how the rest of him looks, he's not just another pretty face! That's just one of many things that attracted me to my guy!!

0|0
    0|0
  • Body. Face is not something that can be changed, but if he has a bad body that just shows me lazyness and I like guys that are fit and active. No matter how pretty the face is it won't make up for lazyness. While a guy with a less attractive face if he looks after himself he can be very sexy.

1|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Definitely her body

0|3
    5|1
  • Their face

0|0
    0|0
  • Face for sure.

0|0
    0|0
  • Face without a doubt is more important, but that does not mean that attractiveness of body isn't. It's just at second place, that's all.

A person's disposition dictates their usual facial expressions, and over time, this can affect how your face looks.

1|1
    0|0
  • To me, it’s face for sure. I can find a lot of different body types attractive, but face is one of those things that everyone seems to look at for cues of different emotions. It seems to be the hub of determining if someone likes you, scared of you, mad at you, etc. The face encompasses other parts that are important like the eyes, mouth, etc. These are where a lot of how we perceive the world come to be. It makes sense that face is one of the most important aspects of attraction.

0|0
    0|0
  • Simple

0|1
    0|0
  • The body can be attractive but with a face that doesn't match up it's meaningless. I'll always look at someone's face as the final and most important factor in considering them as attractive or not.

Did you see Logan Paul's body during the KSI boxing fight? Wow. But unfortunately Logan Paul is not attractive because his face is just... meh. Someone put a paperback over him so I can drool at his body some more please

0|0
    2|0
    • Paper bag**

• Show All
    • @TotoCow lol it's a normal word 😂
      Is English your second language?

• Maybe. Lmao

• Face by a mile. The body can change within a few weeks but unless a person has major surgery the face's attractiveness stays constant. If you have an unattractive face you are stuck with it for life and you also pass it along to your offsprings. If you have an unattractive body there is a lot you can do about it.

0|0
    0|0
  • Face is depend in your gene so how would your children will be beautiful if you are ugly yes perfect body is important but the face features are more and more important All people can have good looking body but not all can have a good genetic features

0|0
    1|0
  • The face is important. But as i get older a great body has mattered to me more. There is something special about an older woman that still has a great body and isn't insanely obese or whose body looks so unattractive that the face no longer matters.

0|1
    0|0
  • I never thought of this before but I'd say the face for me. The guy I'm seeing isn't the tallest or fittest but I was instantly attracted to his face and after getting to know him more, I overall find him irresistible

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't know. I always preferred a guy looks good enough overall. Never thought much about face and body separately.

But I guess I would choose body, because you have not control of your body and fitness than your facial structure, and I don't judge people for things that are beyond their control.

0|0
    0|0
  • Fitness of the body is important but faces are either becoming or ugly. Unless you are just trying to have a brief sexual relationship, then the face is more important. Faces are how we recognize others.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's always been about her body for me personally. She doesn't have to be born with the best facial features, but an at least healthy body has always been a must for me.

1|0
    0|1
  • I gennerally pay too much attention to the person's face. I don't really care if the person is chubby or whatever, even when talking about sex, but I'd never kiss someone whose face I don't find attractive unless I'm drunk lol

0|0
    0|0
  • I voted for face but mainly its the eyes, I know I have been wrong sometimes but mostly the eyes tell me a lot

0|1
    0|0
  • Face. You can always change the way your body looks through diet and exercise. You can change the way the face looksas well through surgery. But the way they look at you, their smile, certain facial expressions that you like - those can’t be bought or changed.

0|0
    0|0
  • I am grown up enough for emotional intimacy. I care more about the person on the inside then the outside.

But if I had to choose, body because I want someone healthy, not necessarily a super model.

0|0
    0|0
  • No point having a good body with an ugly face. I have a 12/10 face and a 8/10 body (not bad but, I capture attention thanks to my face) and all men want me so that should answer th me question for ya.

0|0
    3|3
  • Face, most definitely. Face is one of the main ways that you can see what the other person is feeling and thinking.

0|1
    0|0
    • You can see that even if the face is not attractive

• Show All
    • True. Same for me. You can tell if a person is kind from their eyes. And that is attractive.

• You nailed it

• Gosh darn it! I ask this and nobody beats an eye but an attractive girl posts it and everybody loses their minds! So Face for sure but its 55 to 45 in favor so it's close.

0|1
    0|0
    • It's because it came from an influencer, probably many followers so they see the question instantly on their notifications, not just the feed

• Good to know

• If the face is good you can always work on your body together.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't know if I’m just shallow but I’d rather date a guy with an average face and fit body over a guy with a cute face and chubby body.

0|2
    0|0
    • Not shallow that is what I like to hear.

• I answered face but I agreed.

I would never date a chubby guy. But he doesn't need to be an athlete, he can be skinny too and I wouldn't mind. If the body is chubby then the face isn't as attractive either because of the extra weight.

• Ladies quick and shallow and vain question what do you think of my face? I am thinking I need a better jawline and cheekbones which I am trying to fix in the gym but if not get it fixed surgically so to speak. Anyways I am just trying to get my look sussed out over the next year or 2 and return to trying to date

• The face is more important by far because that's what you look at for the rest of your life you can always get the body in shape by going to the gym and eating properly

0|0
    0|0
  • Hot body would be nice, but if it comes down to it it's face every time for me. Butter face and hot bod just doesn't work.

0|0
    0|0
  • sorry, need both... but I can lead a bit more on the body by 5%

0|0
    0|0
  • Well I think most people have fine faces. And a face can't really change all that much. It's bone and skin, mostly.

But there's much more variant in attractive bodies. And those definitely change, in working out, or gaining weight, or whatnot. I feel like I pretty much have to say body here, because face usually is pretty good anyways, especially if the body is good. But the body can be bad much more likely to, too.

Of course, a really really good face could tip the scales, but for the most part I think body holds more sway.

0|0
    0|1
  • Body, I just can't be attracted to a guy that is below ~5'10

0|0
    2|0
  • The face wins, because the eyes are the window to the soul.

0|0
    0|0
  • Face for sure.
    You can change an unfit body way more easily and scar-free than an ugly face.

0|0
    0|0
    • I know you can change an unfit body, but your partner won't get fit since you picked "attractive face, unattractive body".

• Show All
    • I'm asking: Why does it matter that you can change an unfit body? You chose "attractive face, unattractive body". Unattractive body means they have an unattractive body. It doesn't mean they are going to change their unattractive body. Anyone can change an unfit body. It's just that your partner in your choice naturally has an attractive face, and they are a lazy fat blob and don't take care of their body. I'm going with unattractive face, attractive body all the way because your partner in that case works to look good.

• @Random_Guy_Online again, what are you talking about because that was not at all a poll option?

• Even though a good looking face is nice, I can hardly resist a set of thick thighs, wide hips and thick buttocks.

1|0
    0|1
  • The first thing I notice from a distance is the girl's size (weight). If she is over weight, I don't even look at her face.

0|1
    0|1
  • You can change body but you can't change genetics of having small eyes, or horrible teeth.

1|1
    0|0
  • The attractiveness of the face is more important to me.

1|1
    0|0
  • Face for me.
    Because you can change your body to be more attractive, not your face.

0|1
    0|0
  • It is an attraction but I like to get to know what is behind the smile?

0|1
    1|0
  • face and its also a more accurate display of genetic quality

0|1
    0|0
  • Face is definitely more important but that doesn't mean body isn't.

0|1
    1|0
  • The face. The would not mind her body at all if she has a pretty face

0|0
    0|0
  • Face 1st but if she has nice face and gross body I still will not like her

0|0
    0|0
  • attractiveness of the pussy is what makes or breaks a potential rs

0|0
    0|0
  • A guys face. Because my taste concerning a man's body varies.

0|0
    0|0
  • Face. I like to look into his beautiful eyes way more

0|0
    0|0
  • You can train your body, but you're stuck with your face

0|0
    0|0
  • Attractive body because they care about their health and work to look good.

0|0
    0|0
  • I check out everything, right now the face turns me on, but I need a sexy body

0|0
    0|1
  • Because the One i called actractive body always got an acttractive face..

0|0
    1|1
  • You can write all the description you want. People who will ruin your pool won't even read it.

0|0
    0|0
  • Atractive face is more important but the body is still important.

0|0
    0|0
  • Attractiveness of her character
    Her kind behavior first
    Then her face

0|0
    0|0
Show More

Recommended myTakes