Do you find the attractiveness of the face or the attractiveness of the body to be more important in a partner?

This is asked in a dating context, so please choose your answer with that in mind. If your answer is different in a purely sexual context, you can mention it in your comment, but don't vote according to that.

For the purpose of this question, there is no "Neither is important" or "Both are equally important" options. If you can't decide which you find more important, just don't vote.
  • Do you find the attractiveness of the face or the attractiveness of the body to be more important in a partner?The attractiveness of the face is more important to me.
  • Do you find the attractiveness of the face or the attractiveness of the body to be more important in a partner?The attractiveness of the body is more important to me.

4258

Most Helpful Guys

• I probably think the face is the most important thing here, but it's difficult to choose though. And here's why.

1. Faces and bodies affects each others. If you've an overweight body, your face would look round and overweight too. Fat people have fat faces, so although the eyes are good doesn't mean the other facial features would look good. Fatness can affect your whole face.

2. How severe or good would the body and faces be? It all depends from scenario to scenario. There's so many combinations here like:

- A beautiful face, but ugly body
    - A beautiful face, but average body
    - An ugly face, but beautiful body
    - An average face, but beautiful body
    etc. etc. etc.

I would rather have one with an average face and beautiful body than an ugly face and beautiful body or a beautiful face and ugly body. Since I can't pick both a good body and face, I would say my most preferred are a beautiful face and an average body. The body better be slim.

• The attractiveness of the body is ultimately more important to me, which I believe is the case with most other people despite their failure to acknowledge it being so.

I think people are too fixated on face being the determinant of the overall degree of attractiveness, and that they underestimate/fail to acknowledge the amount of people they automatically dismiss on the grounds of what their body is like.

I personally dismiss at least 80% of people because of their height and weight, even though I'm sure that most of those people's faces would be well within my preferences otherwise.

• Exactly. Dude, why do people keep denying this?

If a man has a fit body his chances of getting a date are INCREASED BY, like, a thousand percent maybe? If he’s fat his approach will most likely be perceived as creepy or perverted. This rarely happens with guys who are hot; their looks compensate for a lot of their behaviors!

(I think same applies for women?)

Most Helpful Girls

• His face, his eyes are what draw me in first; yet there is a body type that attracts me to his face. I love his body to be that long lean swimmers bod that shows he's spent time in the water, he cares about how the rest of him looks, he's not just another pretty face! That's just one of many things that attracted me to my guy!!

• Body. Face is not something that can be changed, but if he has a bad body that just shows me lazyness and I like guys that are fit and active. No matter how pretty the face is it won't make up for lazyness. While a guy with a less attractive face if he looks after himself he can be very sexy.