What is Emo?

Emo loosely defines Emotional or emotive hardcore, and it's a style of hardcore punk rock music that originated in the late 80s and 90s.

this is what oldschool emo is

and this what oldchool emo looks like How to be an Emo

Later emo evolved and developed into something called metallic hardcore.

where metal and hardcore were mixed, emo began to emerge as this

How to be an Emo

Emo Fashion

Eye liner, makeup and body and facial piercings, band t's and black clothing all is emo.

Long black hair with a side fringe is usually seen as emo as well, or wavy stylized hair like this girl below How to be an Emo

an emo shop would be hot topic, emos tend to wear black hoodys or black skinny jeans. .How to be an Emoshoes tend to be converse all stars or vans

How to be an Emo

Emos also tend to wear skinny jeans and sometimes baseball caps reversed or in some sceney douche style How to be an Emo

How to be an Emo

Emo Music

Emos or most emos listen to Slipknot,My chemical romance, fall out boy, paramore, motionless in white, pierce the veil, bring me the horizon, asking alexandria and etc....

How to be an Emo

here's some great starters ........

also fallout boy and paramore are more pop-punk emo

Emo Activities

Emos tend to play video games or do art, or manga sketches.

How to be an Emo

drawing manga cartoons from their favourite anime, like for instance attack on titan,

How to be an Emo

1114

Most Helpful Girl

• I 't like this. Just because somebody likes Anime, wears black, and listens to punk rick, DOES NOT CLASSIFY THEM AS EMO. Emo's are just people who are overly emotional and/or depressed. The above pictures of people that you showed are nothing but teens who are trying to look cool. Somebody doesn't just CHOOSE to be an emo... It's an emotional path. I know this first hand. Try being an ''emo'' for a day: it's not what it's all cracked up to be.

Most Helpful Guy

Join the discussion

What Girls Said 10

• You forgot the depression. That is the key part. The fashion sense and what not are a side effect of the depression.

• I'm the most ultimate original emo kid on GAG, and I earn a price and have to run my own emo squad here and slay for centuries : ' )

• I think being emo is quite sad

• I don't want to know))

• Alrighty then.

• I don't know

• Nice instructions

• hmmm... interesting

• it it something that you choose to be
    i don't think so

• thats dumb. i don't like to belong to any cult. i make a category of my own. even if i were emotional and romantic i wouldn't turn into that crap... .

• i don't like that too, but i look and act exactly like one because this is who i am.

What Guys Said 13