Songs with Deep Relatable Lyrics

There's not a lot of songs with actual meanings to them. Most songs today are just about sex, money, etc. So I just wanted to highlight some songs that have pretty deep messages and that are relatable (list is in no particular order).

Pretty hurts, by Beyoncé

I think that this song is so relatable especially to girls that are constantly being taught that our bodies are the only thing that matter. Nowadays us girls are so obsessed with makeup and making ourselves look as best as possible we forget that yes it can be nice to dress up and look nice but too often we forget that that's not what really matters.

Invisible, by Hunter Hayes

I think that many people can relate to the pain of being made fun of, talked about, and just straight up being bullied. This is why I think this song is so relatable and has such a deep message with not only with bullying but with other type of struggles. The song talks about how there's more to life than the struggles, pain, and heartachs we all go through and to not give up because one day all of it will be invisible.

I lost a friend, by The Fray

The lyrics are very powerful. The song talks about suicide, a very real issue that happens in this world. In 2013 suicide was the tenth cause of death, and in 2015 the eighth. In 2013 there were 41,149 recorded suicides and that was only in the United States. You don't hear about it very often and especially not in songs. I have a deep connection with this song having had a close friend of mine attempt suicide and how hard it is on their families, friends, and people who care for them.

Soldiers light, by Rylee Preston

This is such a deep song written by a girl only fifteen years old. It has to do with her dealing with her father not being able to to be their for important moments of her life because he was gone honorably fighting for our country. The singer is not given as much credit as due. The song is very moving.

I hope you enjoy these songs!

1525

Most Helpful Guy

• If these people couldn't sing, these songs with these lyrics would never get heard by the masses.

There are so many songs with underrated abnds and singer that people just don't listen to because it isn't the song style they like. I'll post a few songs here.

FISHBONE - PARTY WITH SADDAM
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DSJKaSyFd3U

Red Hot Chili Peppers - Power Of Equality
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V2bh1feOjZk

Wintersleep -Weighty Ghost
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8W319OD3NRk

Not to brag, but I write better lyrics than most of these songs, especially if the subject means something to me. even if I write a shitty song, I play all the parts (guitar, bass, write lyrics, perform vocals, play electronic drumset, attempt to record, mix and engineer it to the best of my ability and knowledge) please don't say that there aren't many songs out there nowadays with meaningful lyrics, people need to explore, I have to actually leave right now, but I may come back and post some websites to help open the pallet lol

Most Helpful Girl

• most songs are about sex and money that true but those are just songs, this is poetry. the others were new to me but i love I Lost A Friend. here's some more to add to your list.
    bone thugs-n-harmony-crossroads
    Imagine Dragons- Demons
    Imagine Dragons- believer
    Prince- sometimes it Snows in April

• Thanks! I'm going to go listen to them rn! I already know demons (and I love it).

• Omg "sometimes it snows in April" is sooo deep

Join the discussion

What Guys Said 24

What Girls Said 14

• Nice take. You're right, most of the songs today are about sex, drugs, money, violence, butts, boobs and a bunch of nonsense, because that's what sells.
    So, it's nice to hear songs with deep meanings.

• you have to start listening to country. not exactly my favorite genre but I can relate to a lot of songs lately. depends on what you are trying to express.

• Pretty hurts is my go to song when my self esteem is feeling low. Try by Colbie Caillat is also a good one, invisible by Skylar Grey, Shallow by Carys Selvey and Mrs. Potato head by Melanie Martinez.

• My music taste is more pop, pop punk, indie pop, indie rap, indie anything, really, but anyways , here are some underrated songs:

If you're into positive and chill rap: Find Me by Buddy
    Don't really know what genre to consider this, indie pop?: Happy Pills by Weathers, Life Itself by Glass Animals
    R & B: In the Morning by Nao
    l

• I know everyone thinks that pop songs are simple and stupid, but Love The Way You Lie by Rhianna and Eminem is amazing.

• I love What Makes you beautiful from one direction, it sends a good message to women for sure. Especially young insecure girls.

• Great Take. The last one is very touching.

• Songs with a message are always good

• adele songs are my favorites

• nice list

• Haven't heard any of them

• Well that's why I listed them for you to go and listen to them lol

• Yes I love that song from BeyoncĂ©

• good list

• Good choices!