5 Songs That Speak To Me

ChgzDaniel

I'm a grumpy, lonely ass weirdo. I have nowhere to be, I have no one to talk to. I'm trapped in my own little world. When you are by yourself the silence can sometimes make you go crazy, so you fill it with music. Then you find a song, and it fills that silence up! You can feel it creep its fingers under your skin, then hug your soul. Sometimes music can understand you better then you can understand yourself. It represents emotion, feeling and expression. When you hear a song that speaks to your soul, it takes a hold of you, it's like no other. So here are my top 5 songs that speak to me. Prepare to embrace the weird.

1) Tiny Tim - People Are Strange

Originally performed by The Doors, not many people know about this strange cover. Tiny Tim (most famously known for "Tiptoe through the tulips") is considered a gimmick by most. Often referred to as creepy or annoying. To me, his very persona is a work of art. He is flamboyant and quirky. Misunderstood by the average person. He reminds me of how I feel when I'm in a crowd of people, I stand out and nobody really knows how to react. I think this song captures everything about Tiny Tim and how I relate to him.

2) CAN - Vitamin C

Can was an experimental rock band from Germany. According to legend the singer Damo Suzuki, was a random Japanese busker they found playing outside a cafe. Their music was an influence from avent-guard and jazz. I was originally drawn to them for their hypnotic and almost dreamy sound. The more you listen to each instrument the more intense they become. The drummer only ever seems to hit every other note, you can almost feel it with each beat. I'm curious to know what they mean by "losing your vitamin C" but it kind of reminds me of losing my mind.

3) Klause Nomi - You Don't Own Me

This is another cover of a more well-known song. Nomi, a German noted for his wide vocal range and an unusual, otherworldly stage persona. He brought this song, originally by Lesley Gore, to life. I find this version extremely chilling. Klause died with barely anyone knowing about him, he is completely original and out there, yet never talked about. I was going through a dark phase in my life, I felt trapped and unable to escape my life when I stumbled across this number. To me, it is inspiring to see someone live their life just how they wanted, without listening to anyone.

4) Smog - Let's Move To The Country

Probably the most normal song on this list, yet still virtually unknown about. Smog is a band lead by Bill Callahan, a well-known face from the indie music scene. His music is often peaceful and quite pretty. I found this song just coming out of the dark place I talked about with the last song. I met someone who wanted to move to the country, my heart wanted to follow them but my feet wouldn't move. That life was not meant for me, but this song reminds me of what could have been.

5) Blonde Redhead - Mind To Be Had

Last but not least, this is probably my favourite song of all time. Blonde Redhead are famously known for their song "For the damaged coda". It featured at the end of a Rick And Morty episode and is now used in many memes. I find this particular song like a dream or a long lost memory. I'm reminded of falling in love with someone while I already in love with somebody else. I appreciated the happy feelings it brought but hated the heartbreak it inevitably ended in. It reminds me, life isn't always the way we plan, but that isn't always a bad thing.

So, did you find anything you liked? What songs speak to you? I'd love to hear them all and the stories behind why!

Thank you for reading,

Charlotte x

5 Songs That Speak To Me
4
4

Most Helpful Girls

• laurieluvsit
    Great myTake! :)

I loved all your songs Ms Charlotte.

I have heard the 1st three.

The last one, your favorite, is so nice as a music video.

I love the way the images help paint a picture to put the music in context with a visual message, and that one is exceptional.

I love songs that speak to me like you do. This is one of my all time favorites! ...https://www.youtube.com/embed/J0FBkSwfqzw
    Is this still revelant?
    • ChgzDaniel

Thank you, I really appreciate you saying so :D I never expected anyone to read this, let alone have heard any of the songs! I'm glad you enjoyed them. Also thank you for sharing your song with me, I like it, it's cool :)

• You're welcome.

Yes, not too many reply to song posts which I know because I have posted several but I love them :)

• Thank you for MHG Ms Daniel, you are so sweet!

• Dazed0N0Confused
    1) Lay Me Down by The Dirty Heads
    2) Killing Me Softly With His Song by Fugees
    3) I Get Off by Halestorm
    4) Roots by In This Moment
    5) Lights Out by Chris Webby
    Is this still revelant?
    • ChgzDaniel

Ugh I totally love the Killing me softly with his song, song. It was totally my favourite in highschool!

• I love 90s hip-hop & R&B especially Ms. Mary J Bilge

Most Helpful Guys

• October808
    Is this still revelant?
    • ChgzDaniel

Thank you for sharing! I quite like these :)

• October808

You're welcome. I have lots more.

• I love these! They are obscure indie picks! Pretty sweet!
    Is this still revelant?
    • ChgzDaniel

Thank you! I like obscure indie music haha. Thank you for listening, I apreciate it. Glad you like them!

• Thank you! :)

• I have a confession to make... I did not listen to them yet. But I love finding indie stuff although I've only done it with movies a lot so far. But I love going through lists of artists and finding gems. From what you have here I heard a couple of covers. I also love the tone and flow these songs have, it's hard to describe but it's fun to experience them. The first it's fun because it sounds like it's coming from an old record player.

Scroll Down to Read Other Opinions

22
  • Bananaman177
    I wish women would stop referring to themselves as lonely. Women are only ever lonely by choice. They want sympathy from strangers for being in a prison of their own making that they can walk right out of anytime they want. It's so pathetic.
    • ChgzDaniel

All I'm going to say is fuck you. You don't have a fucking clue. Who are you to go about spouting your ugly opinions. You don't have a clue what my life is. I hope you enojoy your lonely ass life that you'll bring about yourself with your bitter attitude. Good luck finding any woman to find pity for you!

• My quirk allows me to make people show their true nature, lol.

• ChgzDaniel

Yeah, you're right. My true nature is that I'm a prickly bitch that pushes people away. A bitch that has seen a total of 4 human faces this year, my own, my boyfriend's, my son's and the post man's. It's my own fault for staying with someone who won't let me leave my own home under any circumstances. It's my own fault for letting him push my friends and family away from me so they don't want anything to do with me. The only people I can talk to are men online who are desperate just to see me naked. I'm sorry that my body is my only worth. Nobody wants to know someone like me. How selfish it is for me to make a joke about it because it's the only way I can cope.

• ZeussLightningBolt
    Okay, those were fucking weird
    And that Doors cover was just creepy
  • TravelerNikki00
    Good Soundtrack. My favorite is who will save your souls.
  • SecretGardenBlood65
    Good take