Video Games Where Communists Are the Antagonists

Even though I don’t play video games as much as I use to, I still keep tabs on the latest releases.

I find it so funny how people like to politicize a lot of things including video games. Being a Wolfenstein fan myself, I’ve noticed people getting upset by the upcoming Wolfenstein game called “Wolfenstein 2: The New colossus”. Some people are claiming that the game is promoting communism and “anti conservatism” because one of the good guys in the game is a Marxist and other people are trying to turn it into a pro liberal video game. First of all, the Wolfenstein series predates current Politcal correctness and the SJWs. Second of all, it’s just a video game. There is no political agenda agenda behind the game, it’s just for fun.

Anyways, here are some other video games where the antagonists are communists for those wondering if there will ever be a video game with commie bad guys.

1.) Indiana Jones and the infernal machine

A very old video game where you play as Indiana Jones and fight Soviet soldiers, various creatures and Supernatural entities.

2.) Freedom Fighters

The game takes place in a alternate history scenario in which the US is invaded by the Soviet Union. The player must lead a resistance to fight off the soviet army.

3.) Fallout 3

In this post apocalyptic video game the player gets to battle ghoulifed PLA(People’s liberation army). In a DLC(Add on) the player gets to Liberate Anchorage Alaska from the communist PLA.

4.) Call of Duty Black OPS

A very popular video game that allows the player to fight Soviet, Cuban and North Vietnamese enemies. There’s even a part where the player kills Fidel Castro’s double.

5.) Metro 2033

A first person shooter in which the player gets to battle neo-nazis and neo-communists in a post apocalyptic Russia.

6.) Homefront

In this game, most of America is attacked and occupied by the North Koreans. You play as member of a resistance group who must use guerilla warfare against the North Korean invaders.

7.) Red Orchestra 2

In this game you get to choose to play as either the Germans or the Soviets. If you choose to play as the Germans, you get to play as the Wehrmacht and fight the Red army eventually crushing the Red army in a alternate history scenario.

8.) Call of Duty Black ops 2

Although the communists aren’t the primary enemy in the game they are nonetheless a minor enemy. They appear mostly as Chinese soldiers and briefly as Soviets.

9.) Sniper Elite V2

A tactical shooting game where the player battles both Nazi and soviet red army soldiers.

10.) Deadfall adventures

In this game that is very similar to Indiana Jones, the player is a adventurer who battles Nazis, Soviets and undead throughout the game. It’s a first person shooter.

11.) Metro Last Light

A sequel to Metro 2033, the neo communists return as the antagonists.

12.) Homefront The revolution

A Reboot of the first homefront videogame, the North Koreans are once again the antagonists.

So as you can see, there are plenty of video games where the commies are bad guys, I’m sure there are plenty more but these are the ones I know about.

114
ADFSDF1996 is a GirlsAskGuys Influencer
Who are Editors?

Most Helpful Guy

• Communism has historically always been inhuman, oppressive, and otherwise belligerent towards the commoner and the greater interest of humanity. I'm sorry, but I don't see anything wrong with being anti-communist. In the context of a video game, I don't think it matters, but I can see where people are coming from with their uneasiness and frustration. I wouldn't want my kids to grow up thinking "maybe communism isn't so bad" or "communism is good, they just haven't done it right yet" so I completely understand.

Join the discussion

What Girls Said 1

• Papers, Please... if you really wanna know what life is like working for Commies then play the relentless and soul crushing border control simulator...

It is one of my all time favourite games... tip to new players: let the kids and old relatives die early on, saves loads in medicine plus they can't take away your family if you don't have one...

store.steampowered.com/app/239030/Papers_Please/

What Guys Said 13

• People enjoy killing communists because they are the bad guys. There's plenty of games where the bad guys are aliens and monsters. All they have to be are entities that seek your destruction.

Want to know who enjoys killing communists the most... people that's had to live under communist rule. Communism simply doesn't work. Just look at China and Russia changing how the means of production is ran... Everyone is wising up except for college indoctrinated dumbasses getting their arts and socialist degrees.

• Vote Democrat is an IRL "video" game where you can fight against a corrupt U. S. political hellscape where the opposition party colludes and is secretly operated by the former Soviet Union.

Step into the immersive, and painfully detailed, real time oblivion that is, U. S. A. 2017.

• How does Wolfenstein promote Marxism? You play as a US veteran soldier. And the original game itself was based off of a German stronghold from the movie where eagles dare.

The Indiana Jones game takes place during the cold war so obviously there would be soviet soldiers in it because the soviets and the US for that matter where into all kinds of weird stuff at the time, weird artifacts, psychic soldiers you name it.

Freedom Fighters is just the game adaptation of the movie the Red Dawn.

Homefront is the Asian wannabe of Freedom Fighters and Red Dawn

most of these example are silly in the way that people are seriously arguing about them. Like why?

• In the upcoming wolfenstein, one of the characters that helps the protagonist is a Marxist. This little thing about the video game has gotten people on both sides of the political spectrum reacting. Yes, I know it’s ridiculous.

Also, I think homefront is based on the reboot of red dawn.

• Well I don't see why that should spark outrage I mean in the real WW2 all kinds of political groups banded together to stop the Nazi war machine.

That's just the nature of war you make allies with the person who hates your enemy as much as you do.

Well I don't think it matters to much since soviets/Russians were the enemies in both movies.

• yeah i think it's silly controversy with people putting way too much value in video games and it's influences.

sort of confirms my feeling that sjw's and snowflakes exist on all sides of the political spectrum

• Video games have gone completely PC and only Nazis can be bad guys. It's part of the whole cultural Marxist attack

• Don’t forget the Red Alert francise. Red Alert 3 is when my undying hatred of communism really took off.

• Metro 2033 gets a bonus to both sides as you have to fight both commies AND nazis to survive, as it would be in real life.

• You forgot a pretty cool RTS game - World in Conflict. One of my favourite.

• You think that's bad, how about games where Russians are the main antagonist.
    I'll wait.

• I don’t think it’s bad. I don’t think communists are good guys in real life either.

• I know, Russian bad guys have become too cliché.

• I was referring to how there’s nothing wrong with communist bad guys.

• There are a LOT of games where you kill random communists in a cold war setting.

• Sniper Elite, Deadfall and Red orchestra take place before the Cold War. While Metro, Homefront and Fallout 3 are futuristic.

• Yes but what I mean is that you don't even need to quotes specific examples. There are so many games where you shoot russians or communists it's almost getting boring.

• True, Russian antagonists have gotten cliché.

• Nearly all non ww2 call of dirty

• Call of Duty tends to be cliché when it comes to it’s WWII games.

• Command and Conquer...

• LARA CROFT RISE OF THE TOMB RAIDER