The Top 10 Best Disney Songs of All Time!

Disney is a household name. Almost everyone has seen at least one Disney movie in their lifetime, and it was an iconic part of my own childhood. I recently asked a question to see what everyone's favorite Disney songs are and it inspired me to create a list of songs I think are the best! So, let's get started.

1. "Colors of the Wind" -Pocahontas (1995)

As I stated in my question, this is my favorite song of all time! I just find it to be so inspiring, beautiful, and relevant to society as a whole. We could all learn something from it.

2. "Belle" -Beauty and the Beast (1991)

"Belle" is my second favorite Disney song and I think it's because I can relate so much to Belle, especially her love of books which is mentioned in the song!

3. "Once Upon a Dream" -Sleeping Beauty (1959)

Mary Costa (Aurora) has such a soothing voice, I love this song and the story behind it.

4. "Winnie the Pooh" -The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh (1977)

Winnie the Pooh is probably one of the most classic and iconic Disney characters other than Mickey Mouse! I use to love this movie so much.

5. "Bare Necessities" -The Jungle Book (1967)

I love how upbeat and catchy this song is, it perfectly fits the nature of the jungle setting. Plus, who doesn't love a singing bear? It's great!

6. "A Whole New World" -Aladdin (1992)

I fell in love with this song the first time I heard it as a child. It's just so mesmerizing and I can't help but sing along.

7. "Under the Sea" -The Little Mermaid (1989)

The Little Mermaid is such an iconic movie and it features several great songs, Under the Sea and Part of Your World. I simply picked this one for it's more fast-paced and upbeat nature. It's just so catchy!

8. "Baby Mine" -Dumbo (1941)

Who couldn't love this sweet melody? It warms our hearts and captures perfectly the love between a mother and her baby.

9. "Circle of Life" -The Lion King (1997)

The Lion King is probably one of Disney's most popular movies. This opening scene is amazing as well as the song.

10. "When You Wish Upon a Star" -Pinocchio (1940)

Pinocchio is probably another one of Disney's most iconic characters and of course, this is essentially Disney's theme song so what better way to end the list? :)

And this is only barely scratching the surface! The Disney franchise has spanned over 80 years and throughout that time, dozens of masterpieces have been created to help inspire, entertain, and enchant the lives of kids (and adults!) all over the world. It would be impossible to list all of their wonderful songs, the ones in this list just happen to be some I think are the best. Of course, this is all subjective so feel free to comment your own opinions below!

53
scarlett is a GirlsAskGuys Editor
Who are Editors?

Most Helpful Guy

• Very interesting

Most Helpful Girl

• 1. Bells of Notre Dame from Hunchback- is my all time favourite Disney song. Nothing even comes close to it lyrically, vocally, musically, or in emotion in my opinion. It takes my breath away everytime I hear it.
    2. Hellfire also from Hunchback- It's just extremely powerfull and the lyrics are incrediable. One of Disney's darkest songs to date and so so good.
    3. Circle of Life Lion King -speaks for itself it it's not in someone's short list for fave Disney songs there is something wrong with them.
    4. Be Our Guest Beauty and the Beast.-Super catchy and a whole lot of fun.
    5. Under the Sea Little Mermaid- Also very catchy and fun.
    6. Can you Feel the Love Tonight Lion King- Elton John what can I say.
    7. Best of Friends The Fox and the Hound- A brilliant example of simplicity winning out. It isn't a complicated song lyrically or musically but it's so beautiful and brings out a ton of emotions.
    8. Prince Ali Aladdin- so much fun
    9. Tale As Old As Time Beauty and the Beast- the Original version. This one was so good it became a pop song in it's own right.
    10. A Whole New World Aladdin - I loved this song the moment I heard it. It reminds me of my childhood.

• oh yes Hellfire is fantastic, the internal fight between evil and good is shown.

Join the discussion

What Guys Said 2

• What about Tale as old as Time? My favourite song ever.

Don't forget the Star Wars Theme Song!

• Is it sad I only know 4 of those 😂

What Girls Said 4

• I know all of them good choices.
    My favourite for sure is this though!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l8UFnc85-xM

• This list sorely lacks at least one of the "Hercules"-songs. They are all simply amazing. & well, I personally am no big fan of either "The Sleeping Beauty", "Pinocchio" & "Dumbo", but that's individual preference.

• This chick speaks the trooff 👆🙏

• Everything is individual preference, hence my last paragraph pointing out that this is only scratching the surface of the Disney franchise and inviting everyone to share their own favorites. :)

• Once upon a dream I would say is still the best.

• Baby mine made me cry! Under the sea is one of mine