Live Aid 1985 Concert

Live Aid 1985 took place on 13 July 1985. It was held in Wembley Stadium in London, and in John F. Kennedy Stadium in Philadelphia. The concert was shown in 150 different nations. 40% of the world population was watching it, which ment around 1.9 billion people. The concert in London last from mid day until 10PM. In Philadelphia it lasted from 9AM until 11PM. This means that there was a total of 24 hours of live music that day.

There were a huge amount of stars in that concert. I can mention some of the biggest stars (in my opinion):

Status Quo, Sting, U2, Dire Straits, Queen, David Bowie, The Who, Elton John, Paul McCartney, Band Aid, Black Sabbath, Bryan Adams, The Beach Boys, Madonna, Led Zeppelin, Duran Duran, Mick Jagger, Tina Turner, Bob Dylan and USA for Africa.

Also tell in the comments if you were in that concert. I will link some performances.

Eric Clapton - Layla

The Beach Boys - Wouldn't It Be Nice

Paul McCartney - Let It Be

Dire Straits and Sting - Money For Nothing

Queen - We Will Rock You & We Are The Champions

Status Quo - Rockin' All Over The World

Bryan Adams - Summer Of '69

411

Join the discussion

411
  • 6d

My brothers taped the entire dual-venue event and had all the recordings edited so the later tapes alternately showed all the performances between both concerts in chronological order from beginning to end. I still have all the original VHS cassettes used for the video/audio mixing. They're still in good condition. My brothers preserved the edited recordings very well too.

• 6d

I wish I was able to see it LIVE
    if only I WAS ALIVE back then lol
    My grandpa said it was awesome
    especially Queen and U2

• 1d

Thats awsome stuff! I was a young lad in college.
    Knopfler is the coolest musician!
    Queen... I wish could have been there for that one!

• 6d

I remember watching most of it and being totally disappointed by most of the performances.

• 2d

probably was a lot of fun for viewers. i was 3 at the time and don't remember it at all. i do remember the Live 8 thing bob geldof put on in 2005. it was cool but clearly not as significant or memorable as Live Aid

• 6d

i didn't know this was rare... i have a friend from chile that has this

• 6d

The best performace has to been Queen, Freddies last live performace and their set was electrofiying.

• 4d

I think they toured in 1986 so it wasn't his last live performance. He was diagnosed in 1987 so they didn't tour with him after that.

• 6d

Many of those singers share common ground as they like helping those who are poor.

• 1d

I wish I was alive for that show. Such an awesome event! Great Mytake!

• 6d

Queen was best act they stole the show. I was 5 when happen I remember riding by JFK stadium a lot.

• 6d

Yea dude I remember it like it was yesterday

• 6d

Queen

• 6d

Amazing.

• 6d

Me too and Woodstock. The original one

• 4d

Yess, I would of loved to see that concerts and all the Woodstocks- the 1st one was probably the most awesomeness!!!

• 5d

Good

• 6d

Lol. I wish I could have been.

• 6d

Paul McCartney