Some Female Fronted Bands I Would Love to See Live

I’m a huge fan of female-fronted rock bands. Something about a kick ass woman rocker grabbing the balls of the world with vocal vice grips just gets me pumped.

Skarlett Riot

Skarlett Riot is a quartet from the United Kingdom led by the passionate vocals of Chloe "Skarlett" Drinkwater, who is joined by Danny (guitars/backing vocals), Martin (bass), and Luke (drums). Their first EP, entitled Villain delivers some very powerful vocals and is supported by some great guitar riffs and drum beat.

Villain is very much like its opening track, infectious and catchy with a delicate balance between vocals and instruments.

After that, they have produced several more eps and two albums- Tear Me Down in 2013 and Regenerate in 2017. Out of their songs, my favorite so far is Break.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XDKVDpAbbCw

Diamante

Diamante Azzura is a singer from Boston MA that moved to California. Her vocals along with the accompanying guitar, drums and bass are reminiscent of 1980’s rock such as Lita Ford and Joan Jett. In 2015 she participated in REVOLVER MAGAZINE’s 2015 Hottest Chicks in Hard Rock national tour after unveiling her second single “Dirty Blonde” from her upcoming Dirty Blonde EP. “Dirty Blonde” is the follow up single to “Bite Your Kiss”. Her debut album, Coming In Hot will be released in June 15th of this year. I have two favorite songs by her so far, Bulletproof and Bite your kiss.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R3ubmzjOAXg&index=26&list=RDMMhJqtjJmWHuE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bG61c7girsA

The Nearly Deads

Formed in 2010 from Nashville Tennessee, the alternative rock band consists of Theresa Jeane, Steven Tobi, Kevin Koelsch, Javier Garza Jr, Josh Perrone. Their first album, entitled Invisible Tonight was released in 2014. They performed with other rock bands such as Halestorm, All American Rejects, Tonight Alive, Man Overboard, and In This Moment, at Summerfest, PrideFest (Milwaukee) and the Vans Warped Tour. Theresa’s vocals sound sort of country meets alt rock and she looks a lot like Rose McIver from IZombie. They actually met their bassist on Craigslist. Diamond in the Rough is currently my favorite song by them, released in their “Revenge of the Nearly Deads” ep.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cTPJkiniJo8

Icon for Hire

Icon for Hire was formed in 2007 from Decatur, Illinois. The band played their first show in a local club before an audience of family and friends, who gave them a positive reception. Ariel has been quoted as saying of the performance, "Our passion for music was there; whatever we lacked in sound we made up for with enthusiasm." Over the next two years, the band toured throughout the Midwest and released three albums so far, Scripted in 2011, Icon for Hire in 2013, and You Can't Kill Us in 2016. Out of all the songs they’ve made so far, my favorite is Make a Move.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e_S9VvJM1PI

Rock on, Y'all #RockandRollQueens

913

Most Helpful Girls

• Already into Icon For Hire myself and I'm liking what I've checked out of Diamante so far but my favourites by far will always be Halestorm! I love the Pretty Reckless to but they're not much good live from videos I've seen.

Most Helpful Guys

• Good mytake, I love badass women

Also check out In This Moment, Arch Enemy, Straight Line Stitch, Stitched Up Heart, and The Animal in Me

Join the discussion

What Girls Said 7

• You'd probably like Hole

• cool take! a friend of mine recently had me check out Icon For Hire. pretty awesome stuff. i'll be checking out more from the other bands too XD

• I love this kind of post because there are always so many great suggestions. Thanks everyone

• Nice, I’m not really into rock tbh.

• Interesting myTake

• Nice. I used to listen live music but l don't really enjoy at concerts as theg are so crowded.

• Stitched up Heart is good also.

What Guys Said 11

• I saw In This Moment a few months ago and oh man, best live performance ever. I'd check them out unless you already have.

Ever heard of Jinjer. Man, she is something else.

• Interesting, my favourites are Blondie and Joan Jett and the Blackhearts

• I went to see Joan Jett last year; she has to be about 60 but still rocks.

• Letters from the Fire?
    Arch Enemy?
    Butcher Babies?

• I'm not into Rock... But when it comes to bands with a female lead... I'd love to see Against The Current progress

• Nice groups. I liked the Cranberries, Effervescence, and the one song from Four Non Blondes.

• Amazulu were good.

• Pretty much every sympho metal band lol

• nice take

• Great myTake

• Cool.