myReview 28 d

🙌 45 Must-See Biopics 🙌

๐Ÿ™Œ 45 Must-See Biopics  ๐Ÿ™Œ

Let me start off by saying, I left off a hell of a lot of biopics on purpose. It does not mean that I was not a fan of the celeb/person. I just did not enjoy the biopic or I never got around to watch the film. and yes I know some of these are more "based on true stories" rather than bios. ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿคทโ€โ™€๏ธ๐Ÿ‘Œ

#FeelFreeToList which youโ€™ve seen and what you thought of those. Iโ€™m going to start off with my Top 20. If you hate reading, just do like me and read the bold titles and watch the gifs instead...

๐Ÿ™Œ 45 Must-See Biopics  ๐Ÿ™Œ

1. Soul Surfer

This film really got to me. I always wanted to learn to surf and this movie prob made me stray even further from the water ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ™ˆ Iโ€™m honestly not an AnnaSophia Robb fan but i loved her in this. Anyways, watch this film if shark attacks interest you and you want to see how others cope with the damage done. Im gonna buy one of Bethanyโ€™s surf boards

๐Ÿ™Œ 45 Must-See Biopics  ๐Ÿ™Œ

2. The Lone Survivor

This movie is filled with so many hotties. Iโ€™m just sayin. You get Mark Wahlberg crazy ass and Taylor Kitsch aka Gambit, Emile Hirsch and my fave Hulk Eric Bana. But its a sad story based on real Navy Seals who went to war in Afghanistan. Youโ€™ll just have to watch and see who makes it out alive. But beware, this film leaves you feeling battered and bruised as it feels like you break every bone on every rock they stumble upon.

๐Ÿ™Œ 45 Must-See Biopics  ๐Ÿ™Œ

3. The Impossible

Although i wasn't a big fan of Spiderman Homecoming, this movie made me a Tom fan for life. He played bratty at first but the things he goes through will leave you feeling for him. The whole cast did amazing both in acting and crying. Naomi screamed nearly as much as she did in King Kong 2005. I dont know Ewan McGregor as much as i should but his crying. Damn. y'all have to watch this and see who in the family survives the 2004 Indian Ocean Tsunami. Its another movie that will make you feel every bone in your body SNAP ๐Ÿค•๐Ÿ˜ท๐Ÿ˜ณ

๐Ÿ™Œ 45 Must-See Biopics  ๐Ÿ™Œ

4. In the Heart of the Sea

...Made me an even greater Tom fan. He did amazing as usual especially paired with Thor. Who wouldve thought he'd ever team up with Spidey. They really go through it in this film dealing with the vengeful whale. Moby was a Dick. For sure

๐Ÿ™Œ 45 Must-See Biopics  ๐Ÿ™Œ

5. Captain Phillips

Another Tom. Lol i like Toms ๐Ÿ˜… Anyways he left me crying after that end scene. This is a good film about an Alabamian cargo ship being hijacked by some Somali pirates. Everyone played their roles well. Im not taking my azz in the water after all these water-based films that got damn sharks, killer whales, pirates, tsunamis, uh uh ๐Ÿคฆ

๐Ÿ™Œ 45 Must-See Biopics  ๐Ÿ™Œ

6. Unbroken

Left me broken. Three claps for Angelina Hoelie on her directing. But thats the only clap she'll ever get from me. This movie gave me Heart of the Sea meets Captain Phillips meets Lone Survivor. Its a great at-sea/at-war film. The Japanese Army Corporal will leave you pissed tf off. Anyways, great acting and even some scenes with hottie Garrett Hedlund.

7. The Ten Commandments 2006

A great ABC Network movie if you're into spiritual films. I felt bad hitting on Moses but dang Dougray Scott was fine.

8. The Prince of Egypt

If you're more into animated films especially by Dream Works then check this. The voice cast was amazing. there's Val Kilmer, Sandra Bullock, Michelle Pfeiffer, Ralph Fiennes, Patrick Stewart, Danny Glover, Helen Mirren, Steve Martin, Martin Short, James Uncle Phil Avery, and sexy azz Jeff Goldblum. The soundtrack was everything with The great late Whitney Houston, Mariah Carey, Kci and JoJo, Boyz II Men, and Babyface.

๐Ÿ™Œ 45 Must-See Biopics  ๐Ÿ™Œ

9. The Temptations

As a kid i legit thought these guys from NBC Networks adaptation were the real Temps ๐Ÿ˜‚ Eddie was bae. I couldnt stand David but the film wouldve been nothing without his and Eddies voices. Theyre singers irl by the way. And dont nobody give a damn bout Otis with his lyin azz... acting like he was the main Temp ๐Ÿ‘€ Anyways, get ready to sing along ๐Ÿ˜

๐Ÿ™Œ 45 Must-See Biopics  ๐Ÿ™Œ

10. Selena

Selena Selena!! Rip. J-Lo and her big booty played the heck out of this role. I still want that red outfit. But damn my mom made me watch this movie 1000 times.

11. The Blind Side

Its a good football movie where Sandra Bullock and Tim McGraw take in a homeless guy and raise him to become an NFL footballer. If you enjoyed Michael Oher story, check out the CW tv show All-American.

12. Balto

I may be afraid of animals but omg this is one husky that i totally wouldve let my ex have. I enjoyed this movie as a kid and still watch it til this day ๐Ÿ˜… He's my fave snowdog.

13. The Elizabeth Smart Story 2003

Was crazy... This girl gets kidnapped by a couple of overly religious nutcases and they rape and beat her and omg its just sad. The end scene where the family cries is heartbreaking.

14. Notorious

I enjoyed this movie because it told about not only Biggie but Tupac as well. Naturi 'Lil Kim' Naughton's tits were unnecessary just like all the cussing but im sure many of you won't mind. The soundtrack was good might i add. Oh yea and the girl who played Faith Evans really reminded me of her.

๐Ÿ™Œ 45 Must-See Biopics  ๐Ÿ™Œ

15. All Eyez On Me

This story was quite interesting and i rewatched several times for the soundtrack. The guy looks like Pac but sounds nun like him

16. Surviving Compton: Michele Story

You may not wanna watch this if you're a Dr. Dre fan. The way he and Suge Knight beat this girl. Gah lee. I promise you'll enjoy the film but damn her voice annoying af. And this film had to be lying about Tupac and Eazy E being scared of Dre and Suge. Then again, suge I understand. ๐Ÿ™„

๐Ÿ™Œ 45 Must-See Biopics  ๐Ÿ™Œ

17. Wolves at the Door

Had some pretty bad reviews but I really enjoyed it. Its based on the Manson murders and not exactly scary but sad. ๐Ÿ˜”

18. Anastasia

Was an animated film about the Grand Duchess of Russia who escapes the execution of her family and goes on a hunt to find her extended fam. I liked this film and Ana was pretty but damn they fcked Dmitri face up. ๐Ÿ˜‚ Anyways Aaliyahs song was beautiful for this

19. Our Friend Martin

Was a good animated film about Martin Luther King. It was one of my fave historical films to watch and pretty cool. Basically two HS boys go back in time to befriend a young MLK and try to save him from his death day. The voice cast includes Samuel L. MF Jackson, James Earl Jones, Whoopi Goldberg, Angela Bassett, Danny Glover, Lucas Black, Jaleel White, Robert Ri'chard, Ashley Judd, Susan Sarandon, John Travolta, and Oprah Winfrey.

20. Dreamgirls

Its loosely based off of The Supremes. Beyonce can't act for shit bit she still the Queen B and sang her ass off. Im in love with the soundtrack. Jamie Foxx, Jennifer Hudson, Eddie Murphy, Anika Noni Rose, and Keith Robinson all sounded amazing.

More Films that Im not even sure why im still going on about. Im hardly reading what i write at this point ๐Ÿ˜… damn this was a bad idea

21. The Conjuring

Scared tf Outta Me. Nuff said.

๐Ÿ™Œ 45 Must-See Biopics  ๐Ÿ™Œ

22. Whats Love Got to do with It

Will piss you off seeing how Ike beat tf outta Tina but its a good film though.

๐Ÿ™Œ 45 Must-See Biopics  ๐Ÿ™Œ

23. The Jacksons American Dream

Will also annoy you seeing how Mean Michael Jackson's dad was. He didn't even wanna give Ben a funeral man. Jason Weaver played the role the best although he looked nothing like Mike. He sang great tho

24. Remember the Titans

Who doesn't remember this film? Denzel was great as usual but got on my dang nerves. It took me years to realize that was Ryan Gosling ๐Ÿ˜… Hayden Paniterre was adorable. Wth happened to Ryan Hurst ๐Ÿ˜ณ

๐Ÿ™Œ 45 Must-See Biopics  ๐Ÿ™Œ

25. 127 Hours

Had its moments. I only watched cause I liked James Franco as the Green Goblin. Prepare to watch this dude drink his own piss to survive ๐Ÿ™ˆ

26. Rivals

Lifetime pissed me off with this one. This girl pretends to be this girls friend. But when they end up liking the same guy, someone ends up dead. Its jacked up.

๐Ÿ™Œ 45 Must-See Biopics  ๐Ÿ™Œ

27. Catch Me if You Can

I mean its a Leonardo Dicaprio movie. That is greatness within itself. But i like this film as he plays Frank Abgnale, a man of many careers, who was so good at check fraud that the FBI even turned to him for help ๐Ÿ˜•

28. The Bobby Brown Story

BET's edition was really entertaining. May as well call Whitney Houstons Lifetime Movie his prequel because that was also 99% about him.

29. Judy Garland: Me and My Shadow

Damn I ain't know Dorothy was doin all that when she got back from Oz ๐Ÿคฆ

๐Ÿ™Œ 45 Must-See Biopics  ๐Ÿ™Œ

30. Dahmer 2002

Fcked up at its finest. Was Hawkeye even in any Avengers films after the first ๐Ÿค” Anyways, he was fckin men left and right in this movie and eatin em and shit. He was crazy as hell.

31. Dawn Anna

It wasn't the most interesting Lifetime movie but the ending was sad and focused on a mom who goes from battling cancer to hoping her daughter survives the Columbine High School Massacre.

๐Ÿ™Œ 45 Must-See Biopics  ๐Ÿ™Œ

32. No One Would Tell

This Lifetime movie pissed me off so bad. Every damn high school health class will make you watch this film. You basically watch DJ of Full House get her ass beat daily by her abusive boyfriend and she stays with him because she loves him. Its sad. Even Tina fought back in the end when Ike beat her. Damn.

33. Detroit

Pissed me off but only cause i feared for the lives of my celebrity crushes Algee Smith and Jacob Latimore. Don't watch if you can't handle racial injustice.

34. The Freedom Writers

Made me wish Hillary Swank was my teacher. She was d4L.

35. The Great Debaters

Was great with an extraordinary cast like Denzel Washington, Forest Whitaker, Jurnee Smollet, Nate Parker, and Kimberley Elise

๐Ÿ™Œ 45 Must-See Biopics  ๐Ÿ™Œ

36. Deepwater Horizon

Mark Wahlberg fends for his life again when his job at the offshore oil rig explodes.

37. Gifted Hands: The Ben Carson Story

I dont like Cuba Gooding but he's def had some amazing films. TNT did good at directing this film that follows Ben in life as he becomes one of the greatest surgeons when he saves conjoined twins.

38. Hotel Rwanda

Who hasn't seen this fcked up movie? Had me jumping the whole film ๐Ÿคฆ

39. Twisted Desire

Sabrina the Teenage Witch is definitely wicked as she talks her boyfriend into murdering her strict parents.

40. Mother Knows Best

Lol i used to watch too much lifetime but this one was good. Grant Show is hot. Joanna is pretty... Evil. She basically pays to have her son-in-law murdered. Pretty good ending

๐Ÿ™Œ 45 Must-See Biopics  ๐Ÿ™Œ

41. The Client List

Ruined my damn dreams. I wouldve loved to work for a happy endings massage parlor had it been legal ๐Ÿคท The show was better than the movie

42. Brians Song 2001

Im sure plenty of you read this book in elementary. The movie was good with a sad ending. Mehki Pfifer did good as usual.

43. Ambers Story

Is of course another lifetime movie but it tells of what lead to the creation of the Amber Alert

๐Ÿ™Œ 45 Must-See Biopics  ๐Ÿ™Œ

44. Patty Hearst 1988

Features the late great Natasha Richardson (the mom in Parent Trap) and the wife of Liam Neeson. She gets kidnapped and then basically joins in on her captors crimes.

45. Toni Braxton: Unbreak My Heart

Was a good biopic by Lifetime and the girl actually looked liked Toni

Yea i got tired of writing just like you got tired of reading ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ™ˆ๐Ÿคฆโ€โ™€๏ธ๐Ÿ˜”๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

🙌 45 Must-See Biopics 🙌
18
5

Most Helpful Guys

• Curmudgeon

I would add:

46. "The Iron Lady". Saw that depicted in your top picture but not listed. Meryl Streep does a fine performance as the late British MP turned Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher and her political career.
    47. "Wonderland". Val Kilmer portrays Porn Star John Holmes in his declining and drug addicted years, and his involvement with a brutal drug related murder in Los Angeles in 1981. Eric Bogosian delivers a fine performance as then Los Angeles nightclub owner and drug kingpin "Eddie Nash" (Adel Nasrallah), with whom John Holmes had a sort of friendship.
    48. "The Aviator". If you liked Leonardo DiCaprio as Frank Abagnale in "Catch Me If You Can", catch him in this picture, where he portrays Howard Hughes in the 1920s to 1940s, as genius, as oilman, as aerospace engineer, as movie director, and as a man going insane. John C. Reilly also does a fine performance as Noah Dietrich, Howard Hughes' accountant and right hand man in his business ventures.
    49. "Zodiac". About the serial killer who terrorized San Francisco and vicinity in the 1960s and 1970s. Jake Gyllenhaal, Robert Downey, Mark Ruffalo, and John Carroll Lynch put in fine performances as San Francisco Chronicle editorial cartoonist turned sleuth Robert Graysmith, Chronicle reporter Paul Avery, San Francisco Police Inspector Dave Toschi, and main Zodiac Killer suspect Arthur Leigh Allen.

Do mini-series count? I will omit those for now.

3 likes
    • DizzyDesii

#46 hmm haven't seen that #47 someone say porn ๐Ÿ˜Š #48 weeeell only because its leo #49 i couldnt get into it

And yes i included at least 5 miniseries above

• Curmudgeon

Ok, then, going on:
      50. "Band Of Brothers" miniseries
      51. "The Pacific" miniseries. Even if you are not fond of war stories, the main characters in these stories were real people, they are real stories, and the actors portraying them even bear a good resemblance to them. Two of the actors in "The Pacific" Joseph Mazzello and Rami Malek, later turn in fine performances in:
      52. "Bohemian Rhapsody", and their transformations from Marines PFC Eugene "Sledgehammer" Sledge and Corporal Merriell "Snafu" Shelton, to Queen members John Deacon and Freddie Mercury, impressed me, but that's good acting, right?

• DizzyDesii

#51 well i enjoyed Lone Survivor and plan to watch 12 Strong. American sniper was ok
      #52 i didn't enjoy the movie. Just the soundtrack

• JDavid25

Hell naw to that 10 commandments.. From what I remember they made Moses sound like a crybaby. I seen Soul surfer.. Decent Christian movie, and I always though Anna Sophia was real pretty.. But, she acted nothin like Bethany at that age in real life.. XD.. Seen Lone Survivor.. Good movie.. Seen some of the Impossible with you on Rabbit.. It was decent from what I seen.. Seen Captain Philips, it was a good movie, I was rootin for the Somali pirates more.. XD.. I didn't know so many relevant celebs of that day was in Prince of Egypt.. Gotdamn.. XD.. That was my movie though.. And I'm startin to think JLO's booty was never that big.. XD.. It's round definitely but kina that Hollywood definition of big.. Now the real Selena had a phat ol booty.. Bigger than JLO's.. But yeah it's some pretty good ones up here.. I've seen a decent amount of them.. I remember that "No one would tell" too.. The endin was sad.. My favorites are Malcolm X, When They see us, Hidden Figures, and The Revenant.

1 likes
    • DizzyDesii

Why was u rootin for the somalis ๐Ÿ˜‚ i still necer watched malcolm x cause denzel annoying. I do wanna try When They See Us. Im not into taraji movies. I didn't finish The Revenant cause leo wasn't cute there but i saw the bear attack

• JDavid25

I don't know, XD back in that time when I saw it I wasn't even on the woke "Black" man vibe I was now.. XD.. And I think it's one of his best performances.. He kina embodied Malcolm X.. But Denzel annoyin? XD.. And aw okay well, I don't know if you gon be able to get through it all.. But, the 1st and 4th episodes are the ones that's gon getchu the most.. They all getchu but those are.. Somethin else.. And Not into Taraji movies? Why cause she remind you too much of people you know? XD.. And, yeah that Bear attack was beyond brutal.. But, so captivatin to me because it looked so real.. And it was shot single camera, so you could see everything..

• DizzyDesii

I dont know any tarajis. And i like denzel in Fallen, John Q, Out of Time, The Preachers Wife and Heart Condition but thats about it

Most Helpful Girl

• CHARismatic110

I know every word to Remember the Titans, The Temptations, and The American Dream. I watched those movies every damn day. Selena and Dreamgirls are favorites. Detroit made me super angry. When They See Us def needs to be added to this list.

1 likes
    • DizzyDesii

Detroit made me soooo mad. And yes im still waitin to see When They See Us. I dont have netflix

• When They See Us will make you mad too. And sad and pissed and ready to fuck someone up. It's noth both heartbreaking and infuriating all at once.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

416
  • Tyler0815

I feel very bad now because I forgot all about The Impossible. So Iโ€™d have to put that on my list of others that I sent you because that filmโ€ฆ.. OH MY GOSH, so criminally underrated. Thank you, finally someone says something about the acting AND the crying in this film. Sorely and sourly overlooked at the Oscars. Naomi Watts did do a lot of screaming! In my opinion her best performance to date, but honestly she was phenomenal in King Kong too, especially at the very end of the Empire State Building plane attack :( Tom Holland gives one of the best child performances Iโ€™ve ever seen, and Ewan McGregor was just as good too. Such a good character actor. Heโ€™s a family favorite of ours! This is how a film should be made. Visually stunning. A masterpiece!

Of the ones you have listed, Iโ€™ve seen In the Heart of the Sea - thought it was good, Captain Phillips was intense and itโ€™s okay, I like Toms too, Tom Hanks, Tom Holland, Tom Hollander, Tom Hiddleston, Tom Cruise, Tom Wilkinson, Tom Selleck, lots of Toms in the show-biz!

Iโ€™ve also seen Unbroken and yes the movie is phenomenal and like you, I would give Hoelie a clap for her directing in this, and I think she rightfully deserves another clap for her Oscar-worthy acting in Changeling, but those are the only two claps she gets. I know you hate reading so I wonโ€™t comment on the others, Iโ€™ve seen The Blind Side, The Conjuring, 127 Hours, Catch Me If You Can, Deepwater Horizon, and Freedom Writers, all ranging from good to great films.

Iโ€™ve seen a little of Soul Surfer back when it first came out. Also not a real big AnnaSophia Robb fan. I can take or leave her acting. I saw The Way Way Back and thought she was the ONLY one that was just kinda meh.

Havenโ€™t seen Lone Survivor, Dreamgirls, Detroit, or Hotel Rwanda but I really want to see all these. Have seen Ten Commandments 2006 (I have the Charlton Heston one), The Prince of Egypt, The Temptations, Selma, Balto, Elizabeth Smart, Notorious, All Eyes on Me, Surviving Compton, Wolves at the Door (sounds like a good title!), Anastasia, Our Friend Martin, The Jackson American Dream, Remember the Titans, Rivals, Bobby Brown, Judy Garland (aww Dorthy), Dahmer 2002, Dawn Anna, No One Would Tell (another good title), The Great Debaters, Gifted Hands, Twisted Desire, Mother Knows Best, The Client List, Bryanโ€™s Song, Amberโ€™s Story, Patty Hearst, or Tone Braxton.

Literally saw a DVD copy of Whatโ€™s Love Got To Do With It at Best Buy like two days ago and thought, โ€œHmm, wonder what thatโ€™s about!โ€

1 likes
    • DizzyDesii

I've seen The Impossible like 10 times ๐Ÿ˜ im in love with king kong as well. Saw it like 20 times. What other Ewan films would u recommend. I love Tom cruise. Lmao u called her HOElie too ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ‘ and no i love to read what u write. Please write more ๐Ÿ˜ i love when someone shares my taste in something. AnnaSophias cry with carrie underwood is what got to me and made me love her role. You HAVE to see The Lone Survivor if you liked Unbroken. The Prince of Egypt animation was amazing please watch. The Elizabeth Smart Story 2006 ending will get u. Wolves at the Door was good if you enjoyed films like you're Next. I also recommend Our Friend Martin. You gotta see No One Would Tell but it will leave you mad af. I lastly recommend Patty Hearst. I meed to rewatch myself. I miss Natasha and haven't seen it since age 14
      🙌 45 MUST-SEE BIOPICS 🙌

• Tyler0815

I think we mustโ€™ve had similar childhoods because I also watched The Impossible practically on rewatch when I got the DVD, and King Kong... Iโ€™ve seen it so many times that I could tell you every shot and line of the bug pit scene by heart. I LOVE that movie!!! The part at the end when he falls off the Empire State Building and Naomi Watts is just bawling her eyes out... awww, the feelings. Hmm, recommending other Ewan films, Iโ€™d recommend both Salmon Fishing in the Yemen and Big Fish, and maybe Christopher Robin, and if you like Star Wars but havenโ€™t seen this one, then at least watch Revenge of the Sith - dark, sad, depressing, itโ€™s really good. Yes, Tom Cruise is amazing!! Canโ€™t wait for more Mission Impossible films. Kinda wish last yearโ€™s came out this year cause so far, this year is blowing chunks for films :( Yeah, honestly it took me a second to catch the HOE part because at first I thought it was just a typo since the H and J are right next to each other :) But yeah, canโ€™t the magazines talk about something else besides the Brad, Jen, and Angelina soap opera triangle? Aww, I appreciate you loving what I write. That actually makes me feel a lot better about sending you big messages. That was a really sweet compliment! Me too, I love when someone else shares same tastes and opinions, and dislikes as me, like The Impossible, and King Kong, and anal sex :) Iโ€™ll see if I can find my sisterโ€™s copy of Soul Surfer and rewatch it cause I had the same experience with seeing crying as good acting with The Fault in Our Stars, watched it when it came out and hated it because it was a chick flick but I think I was just too immature to see it. Rewatched it a couple of years ago and now Shailene Woodley is one of my all-time favorite actresses because of her eulogy scene in that film. Damn, she can act! So Iโ€™ll pay attention to AnnaSophiaโ€™s crying in Soul Surfer. Iโ€™ll definitely add the others to my list. I do care about them, I just ran out of room to list them all :)

• DizzyDesii

I dont like Star wars but i do like the star wars lego games haha. My first Mission Impossible was Rogue ๐Ÿ˜‚ im so late but i like that. I like tom for other movies like The Mummy, Edge of Tomorrow, War of the Worlds, Oblivion, and Knight and Day. I like Shailene in Divergent. And yes i actually get excited to see your answers. Im a talker and your answers make me feel like you're atalker too lol. I love expressing stuff like this

• Thank you for the invite! This is up my alley for sure!! There are a lot of great picks here and some I have not yet heard of! Great mytake! I could totally see this list as a great way to spend a couple of nights going for a select few from here. Great Job!!

1 likes
    • DizzyDesii

Thank you :D 1-6 are must sees

• I have heard of all, and I've seen the impossible for sure, the others in trailers and or bits and pieces

• DizzyDesii

I loved the impossible

• EpicDweeb

I'm actually really surprised you didn't include Hidden Figures (2016), Amazing Grace (2006), or Luther (2003).

Mostly Hidden Figures since it's just such a good movie but all three are amazing biopics and tell pretty incredible stories. They gave me a love for the genre as a whole to be honest.

1 likes
    • DizzyDesii

haven't seen those. I did like this pther film Gracie tho.

• EpicDweeb

Definitely give Hidden Figures a watch. It's about three black women who worked at Nasa during the efforts to put a man in space. One wanted to work as an engineer and she ended up being one of the first female black students to get an engineering degree and do engineering at Nasa. One of them was a calculator who basically did all of the most critical math that made orbiting the earth possible, and the last worked as the supervising programmer of the first electric/mechanical computer they used at Nasa to do number checking and calculations. It's a really cool story and incredibly well acted.

Amazing Grace (2006) is about William Wilberforce and the work he did as a politician to end slavery in Britain. Benedict Cumberbatch plays in it and a few other legends whose names I forget. The story is very moving. I'd definitely recommend that one as well.

I personally like the 2003 movie Luther simply because I love the history of the Reformation and the acting/costumes where fantastic. It gives a bit better perspective on the whole situation that Martin Luther was in as a teacher and Bible scholar in Germany.

• DizzyDesii

I saw the commercial. Im just not a taraji fan unfortunately. I may try Luther

• DSL532

The client list was great , deep water horizon I loved with my man Mark Wahlberg, Balto is great, the prince of Egypt and captain Phillips were fantastic

1 likes
  • Hans222

Wow, what a list Desi! :D
    From this list, my favourite one is Captain Philips... saw it a month or 3 ago and it's a very realistic movie - I like those.

1 likes
  • SjE78

you forgot a very good one...

Bohemian Rhapsody, extremely well acted, scripted and well worth a watch even if you aren't a fan of queen

2 likes
    • DizzyDesii

I left it out cause i didn't like the film. Loved the soundtrack tho

• SjE78

yeah I thought i wouldn't enjoy it even though I've been a Queen fan since i was a kid, i had to take my hat off to them for portraying an extremely accurate biopic of such an iconic band
      and they really got a lot more right
      I also went over and compared the live footage to certain scenes in the movie, and the level of attention was spot on

• Titanic1912

Soul Surfer, Remember the Titans, Catch Me If You Can, and the Blind Side are really good movies. I really want to see Unbroken.

2 likes
    • DizzyDesii

Yes unbroken was good. I haven't seen part 2 of it tho cause i dont think itll be as good

• notaspammer

Cool list! Good list u have given now to watch. I think I haven't watched most of these. But but definitely watch em..

2 likes
  • JohnAlaska43

I liked mostly all of them a few life time ones I did not see yet.

1 likes
    • DizzyDesii

Yea watch rivals and mother knows best and pretty poison

• Pink2000

Surging Compton and wolves at the door are my two favorite

1 likes
    • Pink2000

Surviving *

• DizzyDesii

I can't believe Wolves at the Door got so many bad reviews. But i think people were just mad that Sharon and the rest didn't get credited

• Bismarck_96

I remember when I would be sent to ISS the teacher would have the temptations on the the only songs I remember are

Get it ready
    My girl
    Papa was a rolling stone and the rest I don't know

Selena I grew up listening to her back in the 90's even after her death in march of 95 texas radio stations still mourned about her death my mom has a poster and like a disc or 2 about her music that hasn't been played in decades and CD players can't be found anymore

Balto ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜ i love that movie also another reason why I love Huskies โค my ass seen that movie like 2000times already๐Ÿ˜‚ I seen it in elementary multiple times now my nephew watches it same with Finding Memo

I never seen the Alexandria movie is it like the czars family? Ra Ra Rasputin lover of the russian queen

1 likes
    • DizzyDesii

Lmao i watxhed balto and temptations so many times

• ivanhunterjo

My favourite is Catch me if you Can and great Mytake

1 likes
  • TheAceholeSupreme666

La Bamba, The Buddy Holly Story, Great Balls Of Fire, The Little Richard Story, James Brown (the recent one, I don't recall the title) Hail, Hail, Rock And Roll, Walk The Line, The Dirt, The PEOPLE vs. Larry Flint, Tombstone, The Miracle, The Miracle Worker, Little House On The Prairie (which is about my mother's family, The Ingalls Family), The Aviator (about my dad's cousin, Howard Hughes), Anvil, Some Kind Of Monster, The Candidate (based on Jerry Brown in the 70s), Nixon,
    Spartacus, Ben-Hur, Cool Runnings, The Right Stuff... just a few that come to mind...

1 likes
  • Clarke498

The Conjuring? You count that as a biopic? And you didn't like Straight Outta Compton or Walk the Line? Wolf of Wall Street? Bohemian Rhapsody? Rocketman?

• DizzyDesii

I haven't seen those. I saw Straight out of compton but didn't care for it. Micheles version surviving compton is better

• Clarke498

See the other ones. Joaquin Phoenix becomes Johnny Cash, Leonardo DiCaprio is great as Jordan Belfort and the movie is hilarious. The same with Rami Malek as Freddie Mercury and Taron Egerton as Elton John.

• DizzyDesii

Inknow of all the movies. I just wasnr interested in the first 2. As for bohemian, i did see it. Loved the soundtrack but didn't like the story. I heard of rocketman but am not interested in eltons story although i like his music and love taron

• SOOO many good ones๐Ÿ™Œ

1 likes
  • Ellie-V

Bidi bidi bom ba!!!

1 likes
  • DakotaNorth

Biopic? Sounds like an eye condition.

1 likes
  • LuciferChristopher

Love it

• notshyguy1985

and Lord of the Rings

• ktgh95

Only 45? ๐Ÿ˜ฒ