'Actress' Amy Jackson parading as an Indian?

Do you find this offensive? She is a British actress who is apparently quite famous in India as she works in the Tamil film industry acting in terrible films. She couldn’t act her way out of a paper bag tbh. As far as I know she’s never done anything in the British TV and film industry. Is it offensive that she is made up to look Indian so she can star in their movies?
'Actress' Amy Jackson parading as an Indian ?

• Yes, offensive
  • No, it’s just acting
  • It’s how they do it in India
    Vote C

42

Most Helpful Guy

• If she both works and lives in India full time then I could see it being okay. If she flies in for a few weeks, acts, then goes back home then I see that there could be an issue. As long as she is not donning brown face then it is fine.

Most Helpful Girl

• It's acting, it's not 'real'. If he was doing it in real life then it'd probably be offensive.