Do you consider dancing with someone else as cheating?

If you’re in a relationship and your partner goes out dancing with her friends, do you consider it cheating if she two steps or salsas with another person? Same for girls.

0|1

Most Helpful Guy

• Its not cheating. Guys dating women who like to dance need to either step up and learn to dance or accept that she's going to dance with other men. In ballroom dance communities that I'm familiar with, pretty much everyone dances with everyone else and no one has a problem.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 26

• no big deal but it depends on the guy. Some guys can be very possessive You should be fine.

1|0
    0|0
  • I dance with girls who have boyfriends all the time, though except for one time they're never actually there. The girls certainly don't consider it cheating and neither do I. Though I'd totally understand if the guy doesn't like it, I probably wouldn't either.

Perhaps if you weren't just dancing for fun but actually flirting and touching like crazy I'd see it as a sort of cheating, at least psychologically, on the other dude.

1|0
    0|0
  • Dancing partner shouldn't be considered as cheating. But you should self improve to be able to dance funky with your luv, as it may be her hobby. Well if your love is a good dancer why wouldn't you dance with her?

1|0
    0|0
  • No ways! I dance salsa and although it looks provocative it's more technical actually, but if my girl would have a problem with it, i would respect her views and stop

1|0
    0|0
    • Does it look provocative really? I keep hearing that but I don’t get it.

• Really? I think it's a mistake to give up an activity just to please a jealous partner. A loving partner would be happy for you to do something that you enjoy, and would either let you continue without them, or would step up and participate with you.

• I think there are factors to consider, but in honesty I would be devasted if I had to stop. I definitely would rather she joins me or comes to a class to see how casual it actually is

• That would be a very petty relationship, devoid of a lot of necessary trust, if I felt threatened just by my partner dancing with someone else. I mean it depends on how they do it, but most of the time it's not an issue.

2|0
    0|0
  • Nope. My SO would know I don’t care about that but she should also not rub it in my face cause I don’t need to know every time some thirsty guy is trying to get her (if that’s the situation)

1|0
    0|0
  • Of course not. My girlfriend teaches dance for a living and does it as a hobby so she'd be constantly cheating if that were the case

2|0
    0|0
  • As long as it's among friends and nothing sexual comes from it I don't think most people would consider that cheating.

2|1
    0|0
  • As long as her dance moves look nothing like this... I'm cool with it.

1|0
    0|0
  • If she is being physical with someone else, including dancing, it is cheating to me.
    If she is the type that likes to go out clubbing and drinking, I wouldn't like or want her from the start anyways.

1|0
    1|0
  • Not cheating unless it goes further or if it's too "close for comfort". But it still isn't approved in my book. My girl, don't dance with her. Perty much

1|0
    0|0
  • As long as it's infrequent, not every weekend. I'd probably be good with it! I wouldn't think it's cheating.

1|0
    0|0
  • If she's out with her friends, and she dances with another guy, fine. As long as it's just dancing ( no groping, kissing, post dance sex, etc.) and she doesn't brag about it to me, I'm cool with it.

1|0
    0|0
  • Like many things, it totally depends on several factors

1|0
    0|0
  • Don't be ridiculous. In that case I'm cheating with 20 women a week!

2|1
    0|0
  • Not really, unless she was grinding on the guy, or he touches her in an inappropriate way...

1|0
    0|0
  • I don't think so... but I still wouldn't like it if they danced with a guy

1|0
    0|0
  • No, i don't see it as form of cheating.

1|0
    0|0
  • No, I don't think so.

1|0
    0|0
  • No not really because ill step in if I have too.

1|0
    0|0
  • More from Guys

What Girls Said 14

• Cheating to me involves emotional connection/lust. For myself, it really depends on the setting and with whom they are dancing with. I'm not one who gets outraged if my man and I are at a wedding and he slow danced with a female friend whom I know of... But I would be suspicious if we were at a club and he let a random grind up on him.

1|0
    0|0
  • Depends on the type of dance lol. But one time me and my boyfriend were out dancing well it was Karioki night and anyways i went dancing with some guy just having fun. My boyfriend didn’t care it was all In good fun but If I was dancing at a club then i think that would be way different.

1|0
    1|0
  • If it isn't sexual, I don't care much. But any conversations after or outside of dancing are a no from me.
    For the record, I'd never dance with another guy while I'm in a relationship.

1|0
    0|0
  • No.. I’m a dancer and if dancing with someone else then it’s only dancing, nothing more

2|0
    0|0
  • No it’s not cheating. There is only the potential to cheat if you are grinding and have alcohol , so be weary and keep a safe space between your bodies like in a middle school Dance.

1|0
    0|0
  • Not necessarily. If it's like ass grabbing and grinding and such, that's a little problematic.

2|2
    0|0
  • Not cheating, but I wouldn't like it if he starts grabbing her ass or some weird touchy move.

1|0
    0|0
  • No. As long as it’s just dancing. Body grinding wouldn’t be appropriate tho.

1|0
    0|0
  • Just dancing? Like a class? No. A club? Yes, it’s on the brink

1|0
    0|0
  • It's failure to safeguard the relationship which leaves the couple susceptible to everything designed to separate the two of you.

1|1
    1|0
  • Wouldn't be too happy with it... but wouldn't consider it cheating.

1|1
    0|0
  • No, not at all.

1|0
    0|0
  • No at all lol

1|0
    0|0
  • I’d only have a problem with it if they were lying about it. We used to have to dance like that in school with the opposite sex so it’s really not sexual.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes