Titanic the movie - Did Rose cheat with Jack because she already had a fiance?

• Yes she cheated.
  • No she didn't

97

Most Helpful Girl

• Well she didn't chose her fiance and didn't approve of him either. So I'd say from her emotional point of view she wasn't in a relationship at all. So while yes, while you techniqually could say that she did cheat, morally I don't think she did anything wrong as she never expressed the desire to be with her fiance and had him forced on her more or less. That's why I voted no.

Most Helpful Guy

• She did. She didn't have the courage to break it off, if she did. Jack would still be alive. People saying 'the guy is a jerk' let it completely fly over them that they were in an official relationship. Rose was marrying for money, but was banging Leo on the side. Under all the layers, she just a glorified gold digger who even got Leo killed in the end.
    Leo should have just stuck to painting them French girls,

• Not sure about the gloryfied gold digger part, since she was forced into this relationship

• @Shimy no shit?

• Well thank you for sharing your opinion with us. It was so insightful and it helps add to the conversation. I look forward to your future opinions.