Is Star Wars going down the drain?

After the huge success of the Force Awakens (RT critics 93%, audience 88%), Rogue One was a well received (RT critics 85% and 87% audience). Last Jedi did well with critics (RT score 91%) but the caudices hated it (Audience score 47%) and right now Solo is doing badly with critics, it's opened at 71% but it's still going down. Is Star Wars going to shit? Why? or Why not?

Is Star Wars going down the drain?

113

Most Helpful Guy

• In my opinion, I don’t think Star Wars is going to shit as of yet. But if Disney keep Kathleen Kennedy as the show runner of Lucas Film then the probability of it going to shit is very high!

The main criticism of The Last Jedi as well as Solo, is that they are both so different to what fans actually want. Nobody asked for a Han Solo movie, and nobody asked for a Star Wars film that was completely unrecognisable from its predecessors!

One of the reasons why the MCU is well received on all sides of the spectrum is because Kevin Feige listens to the fans! He listens to what they want and the majority of the time they get it!

In my honest opinion, Kathleen Kennedy isn’t right for Star Wars. Instead of trying to make films that everyone likes, she is instead making films that she likes! That is wrong. Until Disney can tell Kathleen Kennedy to fuck off, she is going to keep making films for herself and not for the fans!

Verdict: Get rid of Kathleen Kennedy!

Lewis

Most Helpful Girl

• Force Awakens was good, I liked it. But everything set up by it was just like... totally trashed in Last Jedi. Like Rey's flashback very clearly shows Kylo and the Knights of Ren in their full getups killing the students at the Jedi academy in a premeditated act. Then Last Jedi totally changed it and made it so it's just Kylo unrelated to the knights of Ren and uh what? Plothole much?

I don't mind stuff like making Rey's parents not part of the original trio I think that's interesting. There were interesting ideas at play in Last Jedi but it was just kinda dumb. I'll still see Solo and Episode IX though, I prefer to form my own opinions

• The faults with Last Jedi lie with Rian Jonson who proudly admits that he never saw Force Awakens before writing Last Jedi for... some fucking reason.