Is Star Wars going down the drain?

After the huge success of the Force Awakens (RT critics 93%, audience 88%), Rogue One was a well received (RT critics 85% and 87% audience). Last Jedi did well with critics (RT score 91%) but the caudices hated it (Audience score 47%) and right now Solo is doing badly with critics, it's opened at 71% but it's still going down. Is Star Wars going to shit? Why? or Why not?

Is Star Wars going down the drain?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• In my opinion, I don’t think Star Wars is going to shit as of yet. But if Disney keep Kathleen Kennedy as the show runner of Lucas Film then the probability of it going to shit is very high!

The main criticism of The Last Jedi as well as Solo, is that they are both so different to what fans actually want. Nobody asked for a Han Solo movie, and nobody asked for a Star Wars film that was completely unrecognisable from its predecessors!

One of the reasons why the MCU is well received on all sides of the spectrum is because Kevin Feige listens to the fans! He listens to what they want and the majority of the time they get it!

In my honest opinion, Kathleen Kennedy isn’t right for Star Wars. Instead of trying to make films that everyone likes, she is instead making films that she likes! That is wrong. Until Disney can tell Kathleen Kennedy to fuck off, she is going to keep making films for herself and not for the fans!

Verdict: Get rid of Kathleen Kennedy!

Lewis

1|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Force Awakens was good, I liked it. But everything set up by it was just like... totally trashed in Last Jedi. Like Rey's flashback very clearly shows Kylo and the Knights of Ren in their full getups killing the students at the Jedi academy in a premeditated act. Then Last Jedi totally changed it and made it so it's just Kylo unrelated to the knights of Ren and uh what? Plothole much?

I don't mind stuff like making Rey's parents not part of the original trio I think that's interesting. There were interesting ideas at play in Last Jedi but it was just kinda dumb. I'll still see Solo and Episode IX though, I prefer to form my own opinions

1|0
    0|0
    • The faults with Last Jedi lie with Rian Jonson who proudly admits that he never saw Force Awakens before writing Last Jedi for... some fucking reason.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 12

• Star Wars is dead sadly. Poor childhood. Thanks to Cuntleen Kennedy and her social justice bullshit. These people never understood Star Wars in the first place to make good sequels.

The Decline of Star Wars - A Consequence of Left Wing Politics ↗

1|0
    0|0
    • She doesn't care about the core fanbase because they will see the film no matter what, she's doing this for fucking money and she abandons what made the core fans happy to attract other audiences. Then when fans criticise her they're called racists or bigots. Basically she's using identity politics to cover up for extreme corporatism where she shits on loyal fans to attract more money.

• Show All
    • This is going to be very bad for Star Wars you'll see. And the merchandise is not selling. It is rotting in the stores. 10 years ago I never imagined I would see Star Wars merchandise on clearance. Today you can find stuff in less than half the price. You can check out the youtube channel World Class Bullshitters. He made a lot of videos of Star Wars merchandise. The stores are full of Star Wars stuff and it's the same things for over two years now.

• In toy stores they don't sell but they sell mainly online, video games also sell highly. This is what really matters though:
      qz.com/.../
      They've made their money back already from buying lucasfilms. So it's been a huge business success for Disney.

• I think a lot of original fans expect a lot from the series and any newer fan isn't all that interested because its nothing different than whats been out for 20 years. The original Star Wars was ahead of its time graphically and George wrote a decent script when he was in his college prime. Trying to emulate any of that into modern times will always lead to backlash.

1|0
    0|0
  • Pretty much what this guy said. It's become a SJW crusade.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTstD7FHcBw

1|0
    0|1
  • Yes, force awakened was a re do of a new hope and kylo ren is a Disney princess

Note, tim curry is also a Disney princess

1|0
    0|0
  • Nah, it's just that nothing can compare to the original. Nerds will review bomb sites like rotten tomatoes pretty regularly because of the comparison, but honestly they're not bad movies. The spin off movies specifically are promising as well.

1|0
    0|0
  • It's definitely going to suffer now that Disney owns it.

1|0
    0|0
    • They did well with Marvel

• They're doing ok with Marvel.. so far.. I kinda wish Thor: Ragnarock was not as much of a comedy as it was.

• yes and honestly that solo movie coming out isn't making it better, if anything it made it worse

1|0
    0|0
  • The movies suck ass now. Definitely not the same vibe as the old movies.

0|0
    0|0
  • It went down the drain along time ago.

0|0
    0|0
    • Prequels?

• Yeah, all 3 of them sucked, and haven't seen anything else, nor do I have a desire to.

• Personally I liked Force Awakens, but everything good about it was destroyed in the last jedi, like all the mysteries it set up were crushed by Ryan Johnson

• Space is fake.

0|0
    0|0
  • Many people hated the way that Luke was portrayed in The Last Jedi

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah, I think Disney should not have bought it. I think it should still belong to lucasfims

1|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

Recommended myTakes