What nobody understands about my current lifestyle

tallandsweet

Dislclaimer: When I say nobody, I mean nobody who was involved in my former life, when I lived with my parents. I exclude my friends from that.

I got way more chill

I used to be obsessed with looking beautiful/perfect and couldn't leave the house with makeup.

I still like makeup, but I feel really comfortable without it too. Going to the supermarket with joggers for the first time was liberating. I still like to be put together, but moving out made me realise that none of that matters too much when you can keep it together on the inside and still look okay.

Photo by Jakob Owens on Unsplash
Photo by Jakob Owens on Unsplash

I'm extremely spontaneous

I have to be because it's sometimes necessary to go to my boyfriend's family's place as fast as possible - which means dropping anything, hopping on a train and then adapting to a very different environment for as long as I stay.

Photo by Alex Alvarez on Unsplash
Photo by Alex Alvarez on Unsplash

I have autism, so being spontaneous used to be really hard for me, but being with my boyfriend helped a lot as it required a high level of spontaneity.

I grew up faster in 3 months than in the last 3 years

Those first 3 months of living alone matured me very much. I was already really independent when I lived with my parents (always did my own laundry, cleaned my space, took care of things around the house, did basic maintenance work myself too or learned how to from my dad), but that intensified when I lived on my own.

Photo by Jamie O’Sullivan on Unsplash
Photo by Jamie O’Sullivan on Unsplash

I don't know if any of this resonates with you - I do feel like those 3 points summarise my progress over the last few months very well, and I just had to get this off my chest!

Feel free to share how you changed/evolved when you left home :)

7
0
0Girl Opinion
7Guy Opinion

Most Helpful Guys

• Tunasub
    Some of this is said in a tone to make you smile and kind of laugh but all in all it truth.

It's a feeling of liberation yet you realize things are not as easy and you really are that much more free.. you just don't have to answer to parents. I had 2 children at 17.. talk about growing up fast.. going from giving negative 100 fucks each day to na man I can't hang out I got to go to my 3rd job.. it's all on you now rent food car note the other essentials toys condoms and the occasional new lock on the door because his ass done fucked up again... dealing with that bullshit if you do. You dig. But once you get it down damn it gets fun. The its fuck fun I'm just gonna take a hot bath and watch movies.

Some of this is me and some is what my daughter told me how she felt when she got her own place.

I wish you all the luck in the world. Think with your heard and make sound decisions and don't be afraid to ask your parents questions. Go on girl!💯
    Is this still revelant?
    • Thank you for your comment :)
      Having 2 kids at 17 must have been tough.

• Tunasub

You're welcome. It was but it wasn't. I had help from parents and it also helped that my sister has 2 daughters so my daughter and them spent a lot of time together. Don't get me wrong I had to lean to do hair and threaten boys at the door when she went boy crazy growing up. 🤦🏾‍♂️ I was accepted to college but I needed to support my children I have 3 boys and the boss.(daughter). Lol she keeps me grounded. She is my daughter but also my friend now that she is older.. we talk and always have. My boys well they are young men now. I couldn't be more proud 2 police offices in military and 1in reserves. It's a lot of work when young like that and responsible for a life when you can barely be responsible for you own. scared yes. Never ever had a thought of not being the father they needed and worked on being the man I needed to be. You should be proud of yourself. You have to self discipline and budget and if you do nothing else, put a few bucks in savings on payday and don't touch it. You'll need it later in life. sorry to ramble. If you have any questions or just talk feel free to dm. I usually respond in a timely manner. ✌🏾

• ohshee
    I love this because you hit on the littlest issues that are the biggest issues that make the biggest difference in a person and I love it you said you changed on the inside because that's who you truly are that's who we all truly are the outside is just a bonus it means nothing really but all the key ingredients to becoming just a beautiful human being is what you touched on and I think that is awesome you're the type of friend that I would love to have that I look forward to have because no matter what you keep going forward and can you keep growing no matter what obstacle you know that there's a way over it or around it I think that it's just cool
    Is this still revelant?
    • Thank you for your encouraging words :)

• ohshee

You're welcome I guess I didn't know they were encouraging but if you find him that way then I want you to find in that way I hope they help you I don't know what you're going through or anything like that but if it helps you I hope it helps you

• ohshee

Thank you

Scroll Down to Read Other Opinions

05
  • zeitgeist057
    I became a lot happier when I moved out of my dad’s because he was an abusive alcoholic and loving with him was a nightmare.

I really began to enjoy life, made lots of amazing friends and had a lot of good times just enjoying the company of others and doing as I like with my time.
  • monkeynutts
    Cute, I left home over 25 years ago. Can’t really remember. But having a long term partner made me more stable.
  • jimmy2
    Its sure does you are really starting an adult life style
  • wickhamhayls
    live as you wish. you don't have to answer to anybody else.
  • msc545
    well done!