What makes someone "cool"?

So when I was in school I was definitely NEVER one of the cool kids and let's just say they definitely let me know about it.
As I've gotten older everyone says I'm "cool" and I don't understand it why am I "cool". Yes I travel, listen to indie music and dress fashionable sometimes but I don't think that makes someone "cool"

821

Most Helpful Guy

• It's a matter of opinion as to what makes someone cool, if you hung out with a bunch of druggies they'd probably say you were cool for smoking pot - their opinion, not everyone else's.
    Unfortunately at school we get warped views about what is cool, and often those who are more arrogant and bold (wrongly) get labelled as cool, and a genuinely nice/chilled/funny (cool?) person may get ignored or downtrodden. Once you've left school the people you associate with have different values and there's more of a tendency to accept you for who you are. In my opinion? a cool person is someone who knows their own mind, is genuinely funny and has a great personality, maybe a little quirky but not superweird. Still, I'm a lot older than you so I'm not in the "cool" category/crowd (don't think I ever was lol)

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm still in highschool and sometimes I feel upset about that I'm not "cool" enough. But as I'm getting older I'm starting to realise that this whole "cool" situation is just so unimportant because mostly the popular kids aren't very nice and usually the other ones are more successful in life