What makes someone "cool"?

So when I was in school I was definitely NEVER one of the cool kids and let's just say they definitely let me know about it.
As I've gotten older everyone says I'm "cool" and I don't understand it why am I "cool". Yes I travel, listen to indie music and dress fashionable sometimes but I don't think that makes someone "cool"

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• It's a matter of opinion as to what makes someone cool, if you hung out with a bunch of druggies they'd probably say you were cool for smoking pot - their opinion, not everyone else's.
    Unfortunately at school we get warped views about what is cool, and often those who are more arrogant and bold (wrongly) get labelled as cool, and a genuinely nice/chilled/funny (cool?) person may get ignored or downtrodden. Once you've left school the people you associate with have different values and there's more of a tendency to accept you for who you are. In my opinion? a cool person is someone who knows their own mind, is genuinely funny and has a great personality, maybe a little quirky but not superweird. Still, I'm a lot older than you so I'm not in the "cool" category/crowd (don't think I ever was lol)

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm still in highschool and sometimes I feel upset about that I'm not "cool" enough. But as I'm getting older I'm starting to realise that this whole "cool" situation is just so unimportant because mostly the popular kids aren't very nice and usually the other ones are more successful in life

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 20

• In high schools, there is often a strong tendancy to embrace groupthink and identify the cool kids as a particular group. Once outside of that insulated culture, people are much better able to form their own opinions instead of relying on reputation and the opinions of others.

0|0
    0|0
  • Being yourself makes one cool without caring too much about othets judgements. I was never one of the "cool" kids either in my youth and yes they had let me know aswell. But nowadays I separate them as 'mainstream'. I personally like excentric people cause they dare to be different, and in my honest opinion, that is 'cool'.

0|1
    0|0
  • You're are not more "cool" than anyone else. Get over yourself

0|0
    0|1
  • There really isn't a definition of "cool" because it comes down to a matter of opinion.

I am a white, Christian, cisgendered, straight male whom is very pro 2nd ammendment, was a soldier, tried to be a cop and pro everything Constitution (aside from some of the more recent additions) which makes me very cool to Republicans.

But it also makes me Satan to Liberals.

Cool is subjective.

0|0
    0|0
    • You are what sounds cool to me you sound like you've actually done some pretty amazing things in your life

• If I feel comfortable around someone and I can talk/share things with them with comfort , I think they are cool
    A person with a sweet and welcoming personally is cool :)

0|1
    0|0
  • When I was at my early teens, I thought that being cool is when you dress gangster and basically do all sort of stuff that makes you look good physically and not my behavior towards people.

Throughout the years I figured out that being cool isn't about looks at all, it's about you caring for other people and forgive and forget and also your lifestyle choices also contribute to the "coolness". Maybe music type or interests but in my opinion it all goes down to you being a " Friend " and "Caring" to everyone.

1|0
    0|0
  • If you're comfortable with yourself and manage to crack some jokes at the right time and have a friendly nature with everyone then I guess you're cool!

0|0
    0|0
  • The definition of cool changes on aging. I guess you were born to be cool at 19 😜.

0|1
    0|1
  • Personality does gal, or opinions wich the Person who complimented you shares or respects.

0|0
    0|0
  • Just like “normal”, I don’t think such a thing actually exists.

0|0
    0|0
  • Use drugs. Drugs are cool. Also, promiscuous sex is cool. Be sure to have lots of that.

0|0
    0|1
  • I todays hipster culture its cool to be uncool and I was uncool bevor it was cool

0|0
    0|0
  • You’re not cool Alice

0|0
    0|0
  • Temperature is a way

0|0
    0|0
  • Lmao you just sound like a hipster

0|0
    0|0
  • Just being a legend in life and not a dickwad.

0|0
    0|0
  • cool can mean chill. it can also mean arrogant.

0|0
    0|0
  • The aptitude and self confident also sociability

0|0
    0|0
  • how can he talk

0|0
    0|0
  • I was always considered cool in H. S. and college but I was not into partying or sports. I was into creating art, organizing groups and stuff like that. To an insane degree.

I never wanted to be ‘cool’. Just people thought that.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 7

• Because when we was younger we say that person is cool because he doing some crazy stuff but when we grow the idea of the cool person will be the nice one

0|0
    0|0
  • I think people view "cool" as following trends, so your fashion choices probably have something to do with it.

0|0
    0|0
  • believing you are and owning whatever makes you you.

0|0
    0|0
  • being a virgin till ur 49

0|0
    0|0
  • Their charisma

0|0
    0|0
  • 1) Don't worry about it.
    2) Live your fucking life the way that you enjoy it.
    The end.

0|0
    0|0
  • not caring looking cool?

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes