Is it weird to care deeply for a female friend without loving her?

Something I find insane is that many people a guy can’t have a female friend nowadays where both of them are close while still being attracted to each other but don’t necessarily wanna get together. Not off the table but not something you’re both guning for. I’ve been through it with some girls I’m friends with some I’m not friends with anymore cause things dwell through one because of me the other because of the girl. But I recently made one who is just truly such an amazing person and so kind to the point where it shocks me like I’ve genuinely had such bad experiences with woman in general that I question her kindness how she can be so nice. There are some things I’ve promised I’d never do again for a girl who was just a friend like buying expensive presents especially if that persons already in a relationship. I never wanna be she reason a relationship breaks up but it’s more so the looks you get from others they give you this oh what’s wrong with you type of look. What’s wrong with doing something nice for someone who’s looked out for you and I mean really looked out for you? I don't know am I weird for that when it comes to buying present for people i care about money usually isn’t an object for me personally. That’s family or friend but in particular when’s it’s a female friend people automatically awesome He’s in love usually or he’s weird. At least that’s what recent interactions have shown me from men and woman thoughts opinions.
Post Opinion