If you were old and your child passed away, would you want to know?

My family and I are debating whether to give my 92 year-old great-grandma the bad news about her son's (grandpa) passing. She only knew his condition wasn't good when she sometimes visited him at the hospital but we lied to her that he's going to improve. The truth is he wasn't going to ever get better.

She has no dementia and has been asking about him a few times this past week. We haven't told her that he's dead. The news will greatly devastate her and there is a chance she might not be able to handle it. She had issues getting pregnant for years, had him in her mid 30's and he was her only child.

If you were her, in your early 90's and still with good memory, would you want to know about your child's passing? Should we tell her? If so is there a more calmer way to bring her the news?

Yes
No
Select gender and age to cast your vote:
Updates
1 mo
This is so delicate, we don't know how to bring her the news.
Updates
28 d
Ladies and gentlemen here,
We just told her today. As predicted, she asked many questions, including why is he dead if he was improving in health. Then she proceeded with asking if we lied, why, what rights we had over lying aobut it, who asked us to not tell her anything about his prognosis, etc. She's been crying all day long, at some point she almost fainted and we had to get her water with lemon. She's very, super emotional at this moment and wouldn't even eat much.
If you were old and your child passed away, would you want to know?
Post Opinion