A very important message to women

As I watched this video, I realized that it was very important and that more women should see this because in reality, social media is bringing us down. It's giving us a limited perception of beauty and deep down inside we end up comparing ourselves to these people who are “popular” and this really hurts a woman’s self esteem. There will always be somebody who doesn’t find us pretty, keep in mind that the women who are known for being some of the prettiest women like magazine models or even miss universe (insert year here) are judged too, no matter what we do there will always be judgement because somebody perceives beauty differently but, you shouldn’t let that bring you down because you are not alone and those words that people say do not define you.

A very important message to women

1223

Most Helpful Girls

• 12 d ago

Sometimes I can't love myself because of several issues.
    Under my chin I have hair. Some on my chest.
    Not much but still like even the little white hairs and few dark ones that are there make me self conscious.
    My Thin but very thick hair. I'd rather not have to worry about it.
    I wish my hair was thin. and the actual hairs would be thicker.
    My hands are fat and Tiny.
    I don't put effort into making myself beautiful.
    Sometimes I am sometimes I'm not.
    It's like I don't know what to expect.
    sometimes i look fat other times I look thin.
    Like I have a bloating issue.

• 12 d ago

Everybody has flaws

• 12 d ago

It said that i already reported and it doesn’t work

• 12 d ago

okay.

• 12 d ago

Very good and important take/message to spread. The majority of the popular women you see in magazines/instagram/social media are edited to look that way. Flawless. It's extremely unrealistic to try to live up to. If you live your life comparing yourself to others and trying to make yourself desirable to everybody, you'll feel miserable. It's cheesy, but don't focus on pleasing everybody else, just be your best you.

Most Helpful Guys

• 11 d ago

The media is messed up when it comes to the beauty of women. First we had skinny models making bigger girls insecure. Now we have obese and ugly models giving girls the wrong impression on how to look good and be healthy. Just drop all that stuff and focus on yourself instead.

• 11 d ago

I don't think that most women want to have the body of a plus size model even today

• 10 d ago

I agree, body positivity is a really good movement at its core, as long as the priority is always health

• 5 d ago

Dear men you are not tall enough, you need to be unrealistic confident, you need a sexy job that brings in a lot of money, you are not musclebound enough. Men you lack a head of hair. Dear men you need a sexy masculine jawline.

Ohhhhhhh wait nobody cares about men.

Join the discussion

1021
  • 5 d ago

True.
    Media certainly works hand in hand with various industries - fashion, fitness, make up, publishing, etc. - to capitalize on people's insecurities. And the problem only gets worse.

At one time, it was mainly the rich who competed with each other in wearing the latest fashions. Think hats, corsets, bustles, shoes, hand bags, hair styles. But, for most of history, make up was uncommon and even frowned upon by common people

With the advent of movies, people began trying to emulate their favorite stars. That led to fads in clothing and hair styles, the shape of eye brows and lips.

Prior to the 1950s, there was no middle class OR TV. But beginning in the 1950s, the beauty industry exploded. There were millions of potential customers. However, driven by media, standards of beauty continued to evolve. The ideal woman went from Marilyn Monroe and Jayne Mansfield, to Twiggy, and on and on.

Standards for men changed, too. Think of Superman's body in the original TV series. Today, the standards for men are as challenging as those for women. The idea is to make everyone feel inadequate. We not only hold ourselves to impossible standards, but we also have artificially induced standards for the types of people we want to attract.

I will say that I, personally, am not fond of the au naturel look for women. I really, really like smooth, hairless bodies. What can I say?
    I find their attention to hair styles and cute clothing charming. Aside from those who are very young, they honestly look better with just a bit of make up, but not much. It's mostly just about good grooming.

But when it comes to body shape, we should realize that people come in all shapes and sizes and it's absurd to compare ourselves to every new fashion icon that comes along, especially when the images we see in magazines, on Instagram, etc, are digitally enhanced.

I remember seeing a documentary about Playboy centerfolds and was surprised to find that the images were more like paintings than photographs. Curves were artificially smoothed and enhanced, bulges and creases were removed, skin was perfected. The models didn't look anything like that in real life. They were idealized. It has gotten even worse since the advent of digital technology. Today anyone can use filters or Photoshop. Plus, the medical industry has increasingly capitalized on people's insecurity, There is plastic surgery and implants. There are also various injections, hormones, drugs, and so on. Too many people are trying to achieve looks that are unnatural in nature.

In the end, handsome or pretty can take infinite forms. They are, for the most part, in the eye of the beholder. Fitness is pretty much universally admired. But beyond that, personality plays a huge role. If you are self confident, comfortable in your own body, like yourself, and are happy and charming, you will be considered attractive.

• 12 d ago

What a powerful video❤️ I completely agree. Sometimes I feel pretty self conscious about how I look because I don’t really look my age sometimes get confused for a 13-12 year old and it gets to me. We’re all different though!❤️❤️

• 12 d ago

It generally bothers people beccause being less pretty doesn’t let them have the guy they want so it makes a women feel bad

I doubt we would care much if there wasn’t the opposite sex to please. It all really just boils down to who you want to attract

Therefore the trick is really not to choose partners based mainly on appearance, which more do than dont

• 11 d ago

I have always been anti-make up
    I am also anti "Social Media"
    Those things are extremely useless. They dont make girls truly happy.

The media and pop-culture has taught women 2 things. All their value lies within their sex appeal and to reject gender roles.

If I have a daughter she won't have access to a TV or Computer, but I will buy her all the books in the world and make a garden for her.

• 7 d ago

WTF, Media kisses you asses. Men are the ones that have to be TALL, have high confidence, have that charming personality, maybe have some muscle, have a certain job that makes him look attractive.

Women live life on easy mode

• 7 d ago

I think both of us have a lot of pressure and for men the most important characteristic is there personality

• 6 d ago

one of these days i'll take you out of that desert, dead-body on the sidewalk ridden land where you're from and show you how to love

• 6 d ago

What do you mean?

• 6 d ago

in 5 years. if you're still alive, you'll think back and laugh... the poodle girl i know is cute and shouldn't worry about the hierarchy of grade school she's about to leave.

• 11 d ago

The beauty features usually signalling health or youth. Those people on the magazines are not living on fucking McDonald's and takeaways, they are not saying they don't go to gym cus they're not in the mood. Don't discredit their efforts, it is fucking hard work to look good.

• 12 d ago

Great mytake
    Even when people do find a woman pretty, they call her arrogant and self-obsessed. They judge her character and say it is just makeup and plastic surgery.

• 11 d ago

Yup... what I've been saying for years.
    Quit the texting and messaging and TALK to people IRL.
    And just give up the celebrity worship and comparo shtick - it just doesn't look good on you.

• 12 d ago

Thank you for sharing with us , well written and i think this was awesome:)

• 10 d ago

Social Media - Brain Washing machine of the new world
    the new world order...

• 8 d ago

Wow! That's an amazing video! Can you send it to me?

Did it change your perspective of yourself?

• 11 d ago

I felt like i was watching Jay Shetty's motivational video but watch my video which is for you sweet confused girl, cause you must be proud of your FOREHEAD 😄

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FXfbG8oDtR0

• 12 d ago

So true

my idea of being beautiful is being healthy. As long I accomplish that, I won't be insecure.

• 7 d ago

I wish every women around me (atleast) were totally aware of this.

• 11 d ago

When I see this all i think is "you are average" and thats ok!

If you are going to base your worth on the pinnacle then you might aswell base your creativity on davinci or your intelligence to einstein.

• 9 d ago

beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. love yourself and show inner beauty as well as outer beauty. have things like oh i dont know MANNERS learn how to say PLEASE and THANK YOU you'd be surprised how many "women" aka beasts of nature don't do that sort of thing especially without being forced to say it. oh and LEARN TO TAKE RESPONSIBILITY FOR YOUR OWN ACTIONS again a lot of beasts of nature aka "women" refuse to do such a thing i noticed

• 12 d ago

I agree with you girl. Beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder.

• 12 d ago

I saw this vid like 6 months ago:) it was amazing!!

• 11 d ago

Funny how that vid really tries to sell the same shit as it tries to criticize.

• 11 d ago

Women are usually pretty until they make their faces like that of jellyfish.

• 12 d ago

Great job

• 6 d ago

Woman should be beautiful, no one wants to fuck a cave troll.

• 12 d ago

Amazing message

• 12 d ago

I agree with this, so much. Thanks for sharing 😊

• 12 d ago

What a wonderful video :) this is so true xx

• 12 d ago

Exactly this is very true

• 12 d ago

I agree with this message

• 12 d ago

Well done

• 11 d ago

Good take

• 11 d ago

Girls are fantastic