How well does a girl expect a guy to dress?

I'm dating this girl who dresses amazingly, she is stunning but should I dress with a little more effort?

Its not like I go on dates looking like a hobo, I just wear jeans and a T

Do girls take notice about how a guy dresses?

4724

Most Helpful Girl

• Ya, I hate how most guys dress these days. Put a little effort into it, we do too.

Girls notice how a guy dresses, so get nice good quality clothes for the first few dates at least and for going out in general. There are many styles that go, but just jeans and t shirt...
    Don't get me wrong, if you have a good body it's a good look for at home or anything casual but not a date or going out in any way. T shirts are underwear.

I like the sweater with shirt underneath style
    www.stuffboyslike.com/.../Picture-3_wide.png
    You can dress it up and down depending on where you go, simply by switching the shirt
    All those guys look great too
    slappedbyfashion.com/.../...-raloh-lauren-men2.jpg

The thing you have to understand is that women dress up because we care and we , wrongly, assume that you care too. Most men don't care however, they just care if they outfit show your figure or not. The thing is dressing up usually doesn't hurt your chances, not dressing up does.
    Have a look at the abercrombie and fitch/ Hollister look books they do a great job at putting outfits together that are preppy, elegant and yet not too formal. And their clothes are pretty generic so you can buy them from everywhere. Same for JCrew or Ralph Lauren

• Thanks this helps heaps!

• Ya the ones from the Aran Islands, I agree they are not a every occasion piece of clothing, their cardigans are a little easier to wear though since they go over other clothes. And I miss the 40s-50s to men knew how to dress back then, that tone period is actually what I bade my own wardrobe after.

• Ew preppy and it's way to hot in the MIA for that.