Since Girls wear Pants, why can't guys wear skirts?

Since Girls wear Pants, why can't guys wear skirts? I men most girls wear men's clothing why can't guys wear women's clothing like dresses, skirt or blouses.

And pls no mean comments:)

I mean the western culture

2029

Most Helpful Guy

• Just one example of many of how sexism is a much bigger problem for men than women today. Most people are just not bright enough to see that.

What Guys Said 28

• www.twistedkiltertees.com/.../...ltthelast.219.jpg

The real reason is because women are judged less on femininity than men are on masculinity. Grown up girls are 'women'. Boys are not 'real men' until they behave like 'real men'.

• Actually I was screamed at by a few "women" in their mid 30's because I dared to call them "Women" and not girls. At that age, you should have grown up a little (same with boys who are 35). Apparently, I'm nothing but wrong for having this idea (I'm not stopping until I view the world differently.)

I know 30 year old girls, and I know 19 year old women.

• Well that's just the power of tradition, really. People would react harshly for "breaking the rules that define what is appropriate for a male to do". There are elements that they don't really know about and therefore don't retaliate, but your self-expression through your choice of appearance is something that EVERYONE sees, and if they disagree with your views, they can literally beat you to death, because some people are like that. Violent, insane, immoral. It is not worth it, wearing skirts as a male.

• I'm suprised that no one fired up the old Google machine and looked at the first links:
    https://www.utilikilts.com

• Bit pricey, but I have the calves for it so maybe one day I'll spring for a utilikilt. I know my wife would support it.

• There are ways to be discrete about it. I wear women's clothes from the waist down daily and am a respected attorney. Natural charisma, leadership, wit and competence in my field make most people look past my wearing of women's clothes. Although my girlfriend found it hard to accept at first, she is used to it by now and our life is the same as it was before I "came out" . Actually, I am happier now, so all those qualities have grown even stronger.

What most people tend to forget is that it takes balls of steel to proudly rock women's jeans and boots with a men's dress shirt when it's one's thing.

I don't know why I like it. No one does. Theories abound, but that's all we have to work with.

To those that do it, be Wise about it. While dating, don't flaunt it in her face on the first date - the same way she will not show you habits she may have that are not "ladylike". Also, do not go for conservative women or for those whose most important goal in life is to fit in. It wouldn't be fair to them and it is bound to fail. As such, don't expect "mainstream gals" to be attracted either.

Be discrete at work. I do not wear skirts at work and only low heels. I always have a suit and business shoes in case I have meetings. Only do it if your coworkers love you and / or you know you are not expandable.

DO NOT SEEK APPROVAL. The rewards of being true to yourself are much better. Approval from strangers is worthless.

• I'm so jelly that girls have all these clothing options. Honestly, I want to be pretty too goddammit!

2.bp.blogspot.com/.../...553ef01a511da034e970c.png

• Because you girls don't shave your beard. Tit-for-Tat.

• because skirts were specifically designed for the female gender, not males.

• Because men don't want to wear skirts, they're actually quite impractical pieces of clothing. Kilts were okay, but kilts are much tighter and are work commando in comparison to a skirt.

• Well there were times in history when men used to wear skirts. They still do in certain cultures and countries although the type of skirt varies from place to place. In my country India men wear "lungis" in southern states which looks kinda similar to skirts in a way. Its only western clothing that forbids men to wear skirts :P

• Scottish guys wear kilts

• I believe that they should be allowed to wear whatever they want without being judged by people. They are comfortable for the male anatomy. Years ago men wore skirts and nobody said anything about it. In many countries around the world men still wear skirt like garments.

• Who said we can't?

• I don't think women would like that very much, and I don't know about other guys, but I don't want to dress in a matter that women don't like at all.

• Some of us do. My older sister bought me a really cool black skirt for Christmas to wear to her wedding. Thought it was Lame initially but it was actually pretty wicked and really comfortable

• Hahaha! 💩
    We can wear skirts... We just won't. We have an all natural allergy to that kind of breeze going up our legs.

• Because its wrong lol, unless its a kilt then its ok, but seriously the question is kind of dumb.

• Hmm. It would be offending to some. And the very idea of a guy wearing a skirt and it just so happens to blow upwards, totally not cool. Closest thing to a skirt guys wear is a kilt.

• The fuck, why would you want to see a guy's hairy legs? XD
    We have a reason to not wear women clothing. One because it's embarrassing and shows too much skin (I think only for me). Two because it's way too girly and gay. :P

• Technically we can, we just don't want to. It's a cultural thing.

• Skirts were originally designed for men. Then they fell out of fashion. The only thing that is fashionable now days is the kilt.

• Ya mean kilts? Damn right we can wear em!

• I'd not worried about my sexuality. Bc I know I'm straight but to get me to do it you got to pay me to.

• theyre all over the place in Scotland

• If you've ever been to Seattle or San Fran you can see plenty of guys wearing skirts.

• scots wear it with pride

• Because of the big lie.

• I do not look good in one. It is my vanity speaking.

What Girls Said 20

• KILTS THEY SHOULD WEAR MANLY KILTS.
    21stcenturykilts.com/.../custom-header.jpg

• Pants is unisex.
    Skirts isn't.

If a man wants to be a cross dresser... then he can do as he pleases.
    If he lives in the real world he can't expect society to take him seriously.

• They can if they like. There's no law against it, although society hasn't fully embraced it yet. Personally, I've always had a "thing" for seeing a guy who likes wearing womens clothing. Not sure why, but it's always been a turn-on for me.

• I don't care if it's a double standard, but if my boyfriend started wearing a skirt, I don't think we'd be together for much longer. I don't get why people need equality for every damn thing. I find it really annoying actually. I get that there are some things a women should never do that a man can do and I accept it. I don't care. I think people take this equality thing too far sometimes.

• Because most men still want to be eligible for sex at some point in their lives. Openly wearing skirts is pretty much a sex death penalty.

• Guys can wear skirts if they want to, it's just not socially accepted cause skirts are seen as feminine or something

• Simply because women can do anything and we're awesome :P

• There is nothing stopping a guy from wearing a dress. That is unless you have a law against it in the U K?

• Men do wear skirts but they called it kilts also men did wear skirts but it was along time ago but it got cold because there legs wasn't being covered by it so they created pants but it was actually called britches it didn't have a button or zipper back then so they had to tie there pants with string u know like the one that be on pajama pants I learn all this in social studies

• They can, I don't know who said they couldn't

• So, if you see a guy wearing a mini skirt you wouldn't double check him

• Would it be a little weird for me, yeah because it's not very common. But if it's what makes him most comfortable and he's not hurting anyone no wouldn't really mind

• It's a double standard in society. Butch women are seen as perfectly fine (as they are) while feminine men are shunned and hated. No clue why lol.

• you know i wish i'd see a guy trying on a bra, or skinny jeans, a dress, heels, / thongs just 4 laughs cuz u never c it. but chicks wear guys clothes all the time!

• I doubt they want it 😜

• Pants are not seen as masculine.
    Skirts are seen as feminine.

• Their called kilts.

• ammm pants aren't for men? but if a guy wants to wear a skirt or a dress then he must go for it cause he is a free person and he can do whatever he wants but i ain't dating no man with a skirt or a dress but men can do that for sure if they want

• Well, some cultures allow men to wear skirts. It's known as a kilt.

• Men wear kilts and it would just be unfair if all men started wearing skirts some men have legs that are a lot nicer than a woman legs

• Guys do in Scotland

• Wear them if you want, pretty sure it's fucking weird and he doesn't seem like he has balls.

• Unless the dude is from Scotland..