How do guys feel about Girls buying expensive handbags: Louis Vuitton, Chanel, Gyvenchy, etc.?

I love my designer bags I only buy one once a year and if Im no longer reaching for the bag I sell it... but My boyfriend doesn't see the point in buying such expensive bags... I just want to hear thoughts

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I think it's stupid. When I see all the dumb stuff women waste money on. It makes my head hurt.

But it's not abnormal. Can't really get mad. If your interested in fashion and that's what keeps you happy then keep dropping obscene amounts of money on those weird products.

But I will say I have a lot more respect for women who don't always go with real, designers and just go with whatever works for them. There are certain aspects of it that I can understand but I still think it's a huge waste of money.

0|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• It's a huge waste of money. You can get 10 awesome bags for the same price. You are just buying the label... not very smart

0|0
    0|0
    • Yea thats what I use to do buy handbags year round but one day I saw a designer bag I really like and I was like well if I stop buying all these smaller cheaper handbags and just buy one nice designer bag each year I did the math and I was spending about the same year Round for all the bags I was buying I reduced my clutter sold most of them donated some currently only own 2 bags

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 40

• If that's your thing, and you can cover your bills and aren't going into debt to buy them, it's fine. It's OK to spend some of your own money on something you like as long as you are responsible otherwise.

Objectively, those bags are insanely overpriced, but most fashion is. But, one responsible splurge a year is not really a problem.

0|0
    0|0
  • Wifey has several - I buy them for her. She likes them. She also has LOTS of diamonds.

If I can spend $$$$ on motorcycles she can have a few frikkin hand bags. :)

1|0
    0|0
    • Oh, and for all they whiny guys about dropping coin - I keep telling them, 'make LOTS of money' and it won't matter. Stop.

• Show All
    • Dude Respect... I get what he is saying about treating someone I would do the same for my significant other if he does the same as well should be mutual and not one sided and like he said he spends his money on the things he likes why can't she... I mean come on people use there money on drugs isn't that worse everyone has their guilty pleasures

• @GoldFan1001 - Too funny. You cannot even fathom how ridiculous you sound. I've been with this woman for almost thirty years now. That is twice as long as you've even been on the planet. Do you really think I'm going to listen to some snot-nosed teeny-bopper? Just shut the hell up.

• For you, the value of a product is in its name. For us, the value of a product is in its usefulness and quality. Unless if your $500 purse has extra pockets or waterproof seams, then I can't understand the point in buying it when you can buy a $50 one of the same quality.

0|2
    0|0
  • Don't see the point. You are really paying for the brand, not the bag itself. But if you can sell it for a similar or higher price then it's fine.
    Once a year? I've had the same backpack for over 11 years! And it's still in good condition. Needs a wash, but there is nothing broken, torn, or worn out.

0|0
    0|0
    • Actually I have a coach purse for going on 3 years and it still looks new. If I would have bought a cheap purse... it would have been worn out inside a year.

• Show All
    • Ok.. one of my coach purses was given to me. The one I am using now... I paid $135 for it. Now does that sound that bad?

• @Rissyanne Like you said, I'm a guy. Never compared purses before so I don't know. Haha.

• I find it a ridiculous waste of money. all you're paying for is a name most times the quality isn't any better than something from Walmart and the like. my wife thankfully feels the same as me. purchasing designer stuff shows a lack of understanding of the value of how hard it is to actually earn the money needed to buy that junk anyway. and I do mean junk.

1|0
    0|0
  • I think its retarded, no offence. I've been there. I once bought a pair of 500$ jeans. Loved them but 3 years later i threw them away. Crotch full of holes from everyday use. Not worth it. You can get a ton of better stuff for a lot less and never get bored or go out of fashion.

0|0
    0|0
  • You asked for opinions. Here's mine. Buying expensive bags, clothes, cars, pickup trucks, etc. is a waste of money and an attempt to cover personality defects.

0|1
    0|0
  • I immediately start calculating in my head what kind of fun holiday could be bought with the same money. If it makes her happy, then whatever but I am not going to judge her if she does not have an expensive handbag. I think they are frivolous.

0|0
    0|0
  • Why aimlessly waste money on a bag because of its name... after all, it's only purpose is literally to hold items. The money saved on an expensive purse can be put towards something better, like a car haha

1|0
    0|0
  • I think they don't have a better place to spend or have as much as they can't spend or may be it's their better place of spending.
    In any case, I don't think much, it's neither my money nor I want it.

0|0
    0|0
  • Kind of a little red flag for me. I'd rather want a girl who doesn't waste her money that way. But at any rate, I don't care what they buy so long as it's their own money that they waste.

0|0
    0|0
    • Yup all my money have never experienced anyone to pay for my stuff... I look at it like this I love handbags in general brand or no brand always looking for unique pieces but what I did was stopped buying handbags year round and only buy one designer bag a year

• Show All
    • But why buy new ones if the old ones are still functional?

• They are a complete waste of money. It is just a name. But if that is what she likes, and she works, then I have no issue with it.

0|1
    0|0
  • Everyone has their thing they spend their extra money on. If she's handling her financial responsibilities and she wants to shell out the money on an expensive bag, i'm all for it! :)

0|0
    0|0
  • I'd think "this bitch ain't coming within 100 feet of my credit card or any financial account that has my name on it".

0|2
    0|0
  • I'm fine with it as long as she isn't reaching for these out of fashion or to have status. E. G. I got Briggs and Riley because I like the features and it has a lifetime "simple as that" warranty.

0|0
    0|0
  • I have no opinion on what you do, madam.

I just know the woman I marry won't throw money down the toilet with both hands.

0|1
    0|0
  • It's a stupid waste of money and I would have serious doubts about sharing my financial future with someone who doesn't know the value of money.

0|0
    0|0
  • I can't be bothered with girls like that, if it gets serious and she pisses money up the wall on stuff like that then it'll annoy me.

0|0
    0|0
  • i don't see the point, but as long as I'm not paying for it, i don't care.

0|0
    0|0
  • For men, we're almost always FUNCTION over FASHION. If you get a ridiculously expensive bag, it better be ultra durable lol

0|0
    0|0
    • Lol well currently I only have 2 handbags 1 I had for about 5 years still good shape The rest I sold for almost the same price I purchased them for

• More from Guys

What Girls Said 6

• I can't afford to spend that on a bag i don't really like the look of those types of bags much luckily anyway :)

0|0
    0|0
  • For me I just don't get it: I'll spend the money on something cute but not THAT much. However if you have the money girl you are entitled to spend it however you want.

0|2
    0|0
  • I dont even own a expensive designer handbag. You can buy better handbags for a lower price somewhere else. Why do I need a designer handbag anyway? Just to show off and flaunt that you own and can afford an exclusive one? Other than that reason i see no reason to buy a expensive one

0|0
    0|0
  • Buying a name. Waste of money. More money than sense. The owners of brand names like that are laughing all the way to their luxury cruisers.

0|1
    1|0
  • i do it lol. i think if you have the money then why not?

1|0
    0|0
  • I am not even a guy and I still consider it pure insanity to be spending that much money on a handbag

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes