High-waisted jeans on girls are?

I've never understood the recent (last two years let's say) trend of high-waisted jeans on girls. Sadly, a lot of the girls wearing them are girls that are fit/trim with a nice figure, and actually *have a nice waist!* It's confusing to me why they would want to hide it! I asked a female friend this, and her reply was "they're trendy!" And therefore cute, or something. I guess. Trendy? Uh... so what? That's really the best reason to wear something?

What do you think? Especially looking for opinions from girls, but boys are welcome too. Do you feel like I do?

• Hot
    Vote A
  • Not
    Vote B
  • Neither/in between/other
    Vote C
  • Mom jeans
    Vote D
  • Something that makes me a sad panda if the girl is hot
    Vote E
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy
Updates:
Bump
Bump bump
bumpity bump bump

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• to me, high waisted jeans look so old fashioned

they also look like the girl is wearing jeans that are too long for her legs

0|1
    1|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Not a fan. There are very few girls that can pull it off, but even then normal skinny jeans look soooo much better.

1|1
    1|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 32

• To be honest, I like higher waisted jeans - simply because they're much more comfortable, they don't cut your stomach - if they don't have elastine, they don't make your butt jump out of your pants every time you crouch down...
    They're obviously a comfort and decency win.

I couldn't care less if they're hot or not, tbh.

7|2
    0|0
  • i don't like them

0|1
    0|0
  • I like them better. They're cute, more comfortable and show off my frame. Low riders, even if you have a flat belly, can just catch you in the wrong spot and make it look like you have a muffin top. And they can dig in when you sit down. So if a guy doesn't like my high waisted pants he oughta try wearing a tight, skinny pair or low riders and get back to me.

4|0
    0|0
  • I like them simply because they're comfortable. I have really wide hips and small waist, but I'm short, so finding jeans that don't cut/dig into my hips but also fit my legs (without being way too long) is hard. High-waist jeans solve this problem because the waistband hugs your waist, not your hips.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't really like them as I can't wear them! I'm quite slim but I don't have slim enough waist for them/ they don't fit me right. I'm not really that keen on the look of them anyway.

0|1
    0|0
  • I wear crop tops with high waisted jeans because it makes me feel more comfortable

1|0
    0|0
    • Interesting... What do you mean by that? Can you be more specific?

• Show All
    • But in that case why not simply wear a longer shirt instead of higher jeans?

• Well you see I've lost a bunch of weight so I'm working on my confidence. That is one way for me to do it.

• I love high waisted jeans because they are more comfortable for me and I like the way they look with crop tops. I don't think it is hiding my waist but showing it!

0|1
    0|0
  • I’m quite fit but i wear them since they make my legs look extra long. I also like it since when I sit or bend down I don’t have to worry about my butt hangout out.

AND personally I think they’re cute so...

0|0
    0|0
  • They're super comfortable. They're only mom jeans if they're baggy-ish, but if they look like the one in the picture I don't see those being mom jeans.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think they look great on certain figures! I have a few pairs because they're cute, way more comfortable than regular low rise jeans, and lets be honest... it gives us a reason to show off the booty more and eat that extra taco!

0|0
    0|0
  • Some girls like to wear them with Crop Tops. I have a pair that I wear sometimes and I love them. They hide your love handles and you don't have to worry about pulling them up.

0|0
    0|0
  • i'm not sure i understand what you mean, i don't really have a small waist, its fine but not as small as it should be in 2017, so i wear it to help me have a smaller waist, and it makes the butt look bigger. thats why its hot.

0|0
    0|0
  • So ugly and they look good on only a small amount of people. Most women they just look like mom jeans

0|0
    0|0
  • Meh, I think that they look nice, I don't really care about them looking 'trendy' or not. I just think they're kinda cute :)

0|0
    0|0
  • I love them because jeans with low waist are pain in the ass if you are a bit chubby...

0|0
    0|0
  • I like high waisted sweatpants but not high waisted jeans, it always make the body look weird. Very few girls can wear it and look great.

0|0
    0|0
  • I like them because I find them more comfortable, I dont have to keep pulling them up hah

0|0
    0|0
  • they're cute bro... and obviously in style right now

0|0
    0|0
  • They're more modest and when you bend over you can't see the girls' underwear.

0|0
    0|0
  • If a girl has a small waist thoes jeans aren't hiding it

0|0
    0|0
  • More from Girls

What Guys Said 15

• High waisted jeans make nice hips look even more beautiful and it shows the real shape of the butt. However, they do not fit with every body type, you need to have some hips to wear them nicely. If you're shaped like a stick, it's likely that they won't fit you.

1|1
    0|0
  • They're ugly as shit and I find chicks who wear it have stomach fat they're trying to (unsuccessfully) hide.

0|0
    1|0
  • it depends entirely on body type of the person wearing them. on shorter girls or high waisted girls i think it can look odd. but especially on longer legged women it can be attractive

0|0
    0|0
  • If the woman is wearing the jeans because they feel more comfortable in it, then I'm all for it. If they are wearing it because it is trendy or they are trying to hide some fat, shame on you.

0|0
    0|0
  • I prefer girls that wear low-rise. I also prefer to wear low rise myself.

0|1
    0|0
  • Not as much of a fan of the jeans as I am of the girl! :P

0|0
    0|0
  • They're fine if you have the tall slim legs, which most girls don't.

0|0
    0|0
  • Big fan. Hiding hips for later is just hot. Exposed tummies are too but... it feels way less special.

0|0
    0|0
  • it depends on the girl. some people can't pull it off

0|0
    0|0
  • Mom jeans def

0|1
    1|0
  • They are sexy

1|0
    0|0
  • They look fine

0|0
    0|0
  • They're ugly.

0|0
    0|0
  • Ugly as fuck.

0|0
    0|0
  • Hate them

0|1
    2|0
    • Why man? Is it basically what I said?

• Yeah I think they look boring and old fashioned. You don’t want them too low either showing their butt crack. Somewhere in the middle is best

Recommended myTakes