Do You Think People Who Get Plastic Surgery Are Pathetic?

2825

2825
  • Not pathetic. Just self issues.

• No, I think they have money to spend. Also if the plastic surgery turns out to look good, I feel happy for them. It is only pathetic if they become addicted to it and keep doing it non-stop but it never improves his/her self esteem.

• 5d

yeah I agree, but it's their body so they can do what they want

• I think they have low self esteem stemmed from being self conscious about their appearance. And most people are self conscious about their appearance when others make them feel inferior in beauty or bully them or whatever

• 5d

Yes I’ve been bullied, I want a straight nose, I was called alien

• Pathetic is a bit of a harsh word to use. I do pity them greatly. It is sad that they felt the need to do that to themselves, (unless of course to reverse disfigurement as a result from say.. an accident.

• Kinda. There's a lot of famous women who are beautiful but it's all fake it's not even them..
    I can't imagine looking in the mirror and seeing the result of plastic surgery I would feel so fake.

• Not at all. Sometimes plastic surgery can really be life changing in a good way. It can have positive influence on your self esteem and image. It can definitely add to your happiness by diminishing insecurities!

• No way. I feel like Hollywood media has portrayed the ugliness of people who get plastic surgery, always some snobby self absorbed person. But on a regular person it's nothing out of this world. If someone gets plastic surgery it's something they've been thinking about for a very long time - probably even before they could afford to make the decision. There's nothing pathetic about it, but pure bravery and brace for a new look.

• It depends if you actually medically need it it’s not. But going to extremes where you look fake isn’t pathetic it’s just stupid but that is their on life and money long as they have a job and not bumming off out government and my tax dollars they do what they want

• A good chunk of them. I'm not talking about people with real physical abnormalities, a pronounced hump on the bridge of the nose that is being leveled, a cleft pallet repair, the repair of some wounds that have left scars and they are trying to restore their natural appearance and to minimize scars, a woman who has had a mastectomy who gets a breast implant.

Those that just mess with their natural looks out of vanity and discontent and envy... etc. I don't think much of that.

• Nope, i think if it makes them feel them better then go for it.
    Like people tell you a lot of stuff on how you are perfect the way you are and you don't need to Change your body to feal beautiful but at the end its still what you feel and want to what they think.
    Plus no matter how it displease my eyes or something i keep my opiniond to myself if not asked

• 5d

How what displeases ur eye?

• 5d

Well I want my straight nose to look great, so I will try to find the best surgeon I can, a real professional who actually knows what they're doing

• 5d

I say go for it if you want it.

• No. I think they suffer from low self esteem and do not love the natural way God made them. Unless they get surgery for health reasons, is sad to think they may hate themselves.
    I heard it was popular amounst people and even kids in asia and it's sad to me to think many would think their physique and looks were a mistake. Whether it's done to have a different face or to look like some other gender, I find it sad.

• 5d

I don’t like the way god made my nose

• 5d

What do you find wrong with your nose?
      I believe we sometimes just have to look in the mirror and say "I am beautiful and not a mistake".

Sometimes we can become our own enemy

• 5d

I’m not my own enemy

• I don’t think they’re pathetic. Mostly cause it’s not my body or my business. Most people who do that probably didn’t like a certain feature they were born with and if correcting that feature makes them feel confident or happy with themselves, then they should go for it!

• The only pathetic peoples are those who judge a book by it cover. Peoples are free to do whatever they want, with their body. Especially if the surgery was made to a repair a physical damage such as a horrible birthmark on the face, or a deformed feature.

• Depends on what’s it’s for. My ex got breast enhancement when her natural breasts were just fine. Then she turned into a slutty Instagram model. It’s extreme vanity and insecurity.

Now other people might have more serious problems. They might have a crooked nose or bald spots that could use hair replacement.

• You're perfect you're worth it
    Don't go break your mothers heart

• no, it’s their body and they have the right to do with it as they please, without judgement

• I don't see how it's any difference to getting braces to straighten your teeth if it's done responsibly. Some people want a nice smile others want to get rid of a bump on their nose. The important thing is well communicated shared decision making between patient and healthcare provider.

• No, plastic surgery could be used to better your physical situation if used with good though and no extremes.

• it depends entirely on the person and their specific reasons. we can't paint all people who get plastic surgery with the same broad stroke as there are a myriad of reasons people get the procedures

• I don’t think they are pathetic, everyone has the right to do whatever they want with their body, if they’re not happy with something and they have the means to change it then let them be. It only becomes a problem when they lie that they haven’t had surgery when they have done it.

• Not if it is done for a valid medical reason, reconstruction after cancer or an injury, burn, scald, chemical burn, scaring.

• Hey AJC997, my heart goes out to you. It's hard to look in the mirror everyday and be upset at what you look at. I know because it happens to me everyday. I'm struggling myself because I've always thought my nose is too big for a girl.

If it gives you any consolation, people who get plastic surgery with the intention of showing off their looks are extremely pathetic. On the other hand, there are people who want plastic surgery not because they're vain but they're trying to get rid of their sadness and low self-esteem. Also, I do like guys with bumps on their nose, and there are a lot of people who do to!

• 5d

I don’t mind girls with bigger noses, imperfections makes you unique and human. Amanda seyfried is ten times more interesting than an admittedly flawless but boring Victoria secret model. I just would prefer to have a straight bridge because I would look like a more normal person, and because as a kid I had it but it slowly got a bump. I think in all my childhood pics I look better but thanks curiousgirl1997 for helping

• Not particularly, I think they just want to improve themselves.

• Are you going to sit here and criticize burn victims, car crash victims and people born with a cleft palate

• I think people telling other people how they should live their life are pathetic.

• No, not merely for getting it at all. I think it's kind of pathetic if they get it and then they look utterly terrible still.

• No. Some may be insecure, have low self esteem or confidence but not pathetic.

• not pathetic , they just aren't thinking about the consequences

• No it’s their choice, they can change their bodies however they want

• It depends. Reconstructive is fine. People who end up looking like mannequins, not so much.

• Not pathetic, but everybody should learn to stay natural, #be original

• They just want to be prettier.. stop shaming them 😑

• Well, I will not say pathetic, how ever face, smile are the first impression, I have noticed that good looking guys are always surrounded by people.
    I will be honest I am a horrible looking guy😅😅😅.
    Girls to pick on me sometime with looks, when I talk to them, some don't ( avg looking girls don't, and group girls do)
    But I like I look, if someone who get crushed under the social pressure then they are left with no choice other then changing there face.

Honestly I think that's the reason for the people who do plastic surgery.
    If you say will I do plastic surgery answer will be no.
    Cause if there is true love she will accept me just how how I accepted myself.😄😄😄😄😊😊😊😊😊😊.

• 5d

Good for you, good job, how’s you do it? I can’t seem to like myself

• 5d

Watch yoga videos or how to meditate videos

• 5d

You just need to motivate yourself, that can only be done by you or beloved (parents, they really love you, no Matter how much you hate yourself , in my case I had my guru (yoga teacher ) he use to say this all love is shit talk. Parents and teachers are your real loved ones never lose sight.
      I really was depressed for like 3 years never know what is happening around me, then I just started madetation and music.

• Depends on why. Cleft palates are bad. Unless it's a hideous deformity I see no need for it.

• No. They think they are ugly and are changing the way they look.

• You want to get plastic surgery

• lol No Penny Pinching, Not Pathetic. lolxx

• No! Why would I think that?

• No, but people who diss them for doing so are.

• not always

• 5d

they might not be confident in their natural body

• Nope

• Really depends on the situation

• Not pathetic
    They just dont love them selves

• Depends on what the reason.

• no, I don't

• No not at all

• Their choice

• yes, i do

• 3d

Why? Everyone has a right to feel like they are worth it

• 3d

pathetic

• 3d

How? I have a crooked nose cause I’m half Jewish and short chin

• If that helps them to be objectively more likely to be chosen by others, why should that be pathetic?

• How do you think "transgender" started?

Show More
3