Wiping grease off pizza with napkins— yay or nay?

At my university, the pizza there is greasy enough to where it forms a grease puddle in the pizza’s center and drips as you pick it up. Likwise, you know if you are getting a less fresh pizza, because the grease hardens the slice to cardboard once it cools down a bit.

Normally, I grab about 8 napkins if I get pizza. I grab two slices, and 1 slice worth of on-top grease gets soaked up by about 3 (to be drenched) napkins.

If you bought an extra greasy pizza, would you wipe it down or eat it as is?
  • Yes, I wipe down every pizza with napkins before eating it
  • Yes, but only the extra greasy pizza
  • Yes, but only if I’m not in public
    Vote C
  • Somewhere in between
    Vote D
  • I almost never wipe down my pizza
    Vote E
  • Screw that, the grease gives it extra flavor. Why would I wipe it off?
    Vote F
  • <— obligatory “other” / “results” answer
    Vote G

204

Most Helpful Girl

• If it's really that greasy it isn't being cooked properly and is, in fact, disgusting...

That's why an actual pizza doesn't have any grease on it... It only has great ingredients... no grease. I don't even know how they get that grease there... or why.

• I believe it’s the animal products (i. e. cheese, pepperoni, etc.) that release grease in the cooking process. I’m guessing my school uses pretty cheap ingredients though lol

• Haha I've had cheese and pepperoni pizza and it never happened... Haha I could understand that happening from cheap products, though. Makes sense...

Most Helpful Guy

• "I never wipe the grease off the pizza because I don't buy that cheap shit."

• Ooh I wish I could afford that. My poor sad wallet gives me the choice between crappy greasy pizza and greasy crappy pizza lol

• Them go for greasy crappy pizza.

I don't eat pizza often. Most of the time I eat Butterbrot, which does save me enough money to afford Pizza :P