Is there a way to make vegetables taste less disgusting?

I really need to eat healthier. I occasionally eat salads and I eat fruits semi-regularly. I don't really eat veggies that much though... but I really need to. I've always hated them, but I need to change that. What are some ways that I could dress them up so that they don't taste so gross?

2746

Most Helpful Guys

• Oh dear! Alright maybe tell me more about which veges you're talking about? For more robust vegs, try roasting or griddle searing for some of that smokey flavour. For lighter ones, take away the earthy smell by blanching in hot water. Some vegs such as brussel sprouts take well to frying too! (Finely shredd, blanch and deep fat fry for 1 to 2 minutes at 170 degrees) My go to for mushrooms is Ramsay's marinated mushrooms or Oliver's creme of mushroom. Potatos are my favourite, make them into potato cakes or stuffed or loaded potatoes. Salads wise, a sprinkle of salt before a dressing helps a ton, and do have a vinegarette on the ready to relax the dressing. Don't forget to season! Salt, pepper, cajon spice, etc! Just experiment a little, vegs are far more forgiving that meats so yup, have a blast with this.
    I'm a part time chef now, and I do come across plenty who walk in and ask for not even an ounce of veg, and I understand where they come from. Just be willing to try things for yourself and see what works best! :)

• Rule #1 Thou shalt not overcook thy veggies.
    Try sauteeing rather than boiling or steaming. The oil in the pan just by itself adds a different level of flavour. All kinds of stuff you can add.
    Garlic. Ginger. Herbs. Spices. Tomato sauce. Sesame oil. Soya sauce.
    Here's a quickie that works well with a variety of greens:
    Dry toast fennel seeds in pan, low heat. When the aroma hits, up the heat to medium. Add just about any oil you like, finely chopped garlic, grated ginger, your veggies. When tender give it a good squeeze of lemon. Plate and serve.
    You can also try coriander, cumin, paprika (I prefer smokey), assorted herbs (try a mix, like herbes de provence).

Most Helpful Girls

• Trader Joe’s has a delicious cilantro dressing that I use along with their broccoli slaw. Asparagus goes good blanched and then grilled off and I add balsamic reduction. For broccoli cheddar cheese is amazing. For carrots brown sugar glaze goes so good. And for egg plant you add tomato sauce , mozzarella slices , top off with panko , bake off , garnish with basil. Spinach goes good sweated off and with a dollop of daisy sour cream. Bock Choy is also amazing just sautéed off with a bit of soy sauce and sesame oil ❤️

• Raw vegetables tastes the best. If you stop eating proccessd foods your tastes will change and you will get the flavors from the veggies. I eat salads every day and don't put any dressing or seasonings on it. It's just a matter of reconditioning your palate.