If you didn’t get caught can you get away with dine and dash?

So me and my friend were pretty drunk yestedsy and went to this restaurant to dine and dash. (It was an expensive reasturant so it wouldn’t effect them) Anyways my friend walked out first and I wasn’t gonna oay the whole thing I didn’t even have money and we were both drunk so we both just casually walked out but nobody came after us to chase us so we got away with it. But can the police chase us down later or find us later or do they usually not care once you left the restaurant? I feel really bad and would never do it again tho I was just a dumb drunk perosn
how many of you have done it and what was your experience like?
I’ve seen lots of people get away with it tho im the past and from the stories I hear so why do you think we will get caught? I mean usually with this type of stuff cops don’t care and don’t waste their time like I’ve had friends be like my iPhone was stolen to the cops and they’d be like oh well/not care because it’s not important

15

Most Helpful Guy

• The cops aren't going to pick you up for dining and dashing, lol. You just won't be allowed in the restaurant again for a while.

On a serious note though, those restaurants, even the high end ones, don't work on the greatest of margins. One person doing what you did isn't going to break the bank, but let's be perfectly clear: you did hurt them.

• I’ll prob never go there again but now long is a while?

• No way to know. I would probably wait a few months

Most Helpful Girl

• First: You keep saying you were drunk like that will some how excuse what you did. You were in the right mind to make the decision to dine and dash.
    Second: Yes, there is a possibility of you getting in trouble if the restaurant had cameras and they have your face leaving without paying.

• Nah I wasn’t in the right mind and most of the time I hear cops don’t care tho and they would have called the cops right away too and they would’ve came after us as this was yestedsy evening

• It’s the truth if you don’t believe me you go get super drunk and see what it’s like but why are you getting mad I mean it didn’t effect you and I did say yes what I didn’t was wrong and wouldn’t do it again and if I had the money I’d go back and pay

• I'm not mad. You just keep trying to justify your actions by saying you were drunk. I've been obliterated on booze and still been aware of what I was doing.
      You and your friend knowingly choose that restaurant with the intention of eating and leaving without paying. This wasn't you got there and found out you had lost your wallet. This was premeditated. Just own what you did and if you really don't like what you did, pay back the restaurant ( I have seen you say you don't have the money) when you can. Then make better choices. If you can't control yourself when you drink, maybe you shouldn't