10 Things Women Wish Men Knew

1. We wear makeup for ourself only.

Some woman do but most wear it because they like it and get confidence by it.

10 Things Women Wish Men Knew

2. We don't care how many exes you have had, it doesn't matter. And it doesn't make you cooler.

10 Things Women Wish Men Knew

3. If we are mad leave us alone and come back later.

We will get more mad if you stay and try to hug us. Anything can happen if you do so just leave.

10 Things Women Wish Men Knew

4. We don't only want a solutions on our problem we want to talk about it.

Men are natural fixers woman are not. So even if you have come up with a solution we wanna talk about it and get out feelings out.

10 Things Women Wish Men Knew

5. If we say we don't wanna talk about it. It is because:

1. we either are afraid of your reaction

2. think we are overreacting

3. think we will annoy you

4. you don't really care

5. we want you to get it because otherwise you don't seam to care

6.or think it's a waste of time talking about it.

10 Things Women Wish Men Knew

6. We don't want your dick pics unless we have asked for them.

We really don't. And it doesn't make us turned on by just a pic.

10 Things Women Wish Men Knew

7. We like that you tease us but not about personal stuff.

Don't tease about a trauma we have been through and don't joke about something you know we are insecure about.

10 Things Women Wish Men Knew

8. We don't need a man to take care of us.

We can live on our own and be successful by ourself but having a man by our side is even better!

10 Things Women Wish Men Knew

9. We are less attractive to mean men way more than ugly men.

Mean men (people over all) are waaaay less attractive than ugly nice people. (By the way, don't mistake the bad boy for the mean guy, the bad boy stand up for himself, has a cool style and has killa confident but respect people when they deserve it, mean people don't respect anyone except themself.

10 Things Women Wish Men Knew

10. We love compliments that aren't sexual.

For example instead of calling us sexy call us beautiful. (Unless you are our partner)

We really love getting compliments (who doesn't?) but don't give us comments that are sexual unless you are our partner. It will make us uncomfortable instead.

10 Things Women Wish Men Knew

78

Most Helpful Guys

• We're a lot alike!

I have a girlfriend, but I don't look nice for her. I really don't care if she thinks I look good.

I don't allow her to talk about her exes in front of me.

If I'm mad, she better go away or she might get hit.

She is not to help me with my problems. She's my emotional punching bag, not my helper.

I don't talk to her about things that bother me. I just slam stuff and stomp around, showing her that I'm pissed, but I let her wonder why, hoping she realises what she did.

If she sends me a picture I didn't specifically ask for, I get mad. Just because you think your ass looks good today doesn't mean I want to see it.

I don't need her. I can do everything without her. She's just convenient and makes my life easier.

If a woman isn't 100% nice to me, she's ugly.

I only like compliments from women on the things I want to be complimented on, unless I want a compliment from her on something sexual. Especially if I'm wearing a button up shirt with the top for buttons undone so you can see my chest. That's not for YOU to look at. Its for who I want to see it. That hot girl over there can look all she wants. YOU? Keep your eyes forward, scrub.

Its amazing how similar men and women are, when you think about it.

• I can relate to what you are saying so much lol!
      I don't dress up for others I do it for myself and it brings confident.
      I don't wanna hear about any exes
      Same if I'm mad lol
      I don't talk about things that Brothers me unless it's so big It might end the friendship or relationship
      Agree on the picture esspecially when it's a nude
      Agree on the next. I mean it makes us happier and easier but we can live without them fine.
      Absolutly agree that if someone is mean they are ugly.
      I also don't like compliments that are not for them. And I Only like it from People I'm close too and I want it to be true. Ofcorse there can be sexuall if it is with a partner and in that mood.

Yes it is lol. I didn't Think anyone could relate this much😂😊👌

• That's one of the best compliments I've ever recieved. Thank you so much.

• 😊👍

• Most of the things I simply agree with. With 3 and 5 I have discovered that it is better to simply state: if you want to talk about it, I am here for you, and then walk away; then just leave it altogether. Leaving immediately can feel like a 'running away when things get tough'.

4 is important, and really hard in my opinion. Like you said: we/men immediately want to look for a solution, especially when times are tough. Of course it is best to just ask: do you want my take on it, or some advice? If she says no, then you clearly should not provide it :P

Six is a definite agreed. I really do not understand why men think this is sexy.

• I agree with you. I usually say what you suggested to people that are mad (and close to me obviosly).
      Question 4 can definatly be hard. Great solutions.
      And yeah number six is not sexy.

Join the discussion

What Guys Said 76

• I'm sure you wear make up for confidence, and it's nice when women wear less make up though. But while I do believe it's for confidence and I also think to compete or look good along with other men. It's still relevant to men as in being or looking presentable to other women and feminine and like a keeping in with the joneses thing. Men do things that men not be for women it seems, but it is. Simply hair cuts, etc is to be presentable and attractive to women. You say it's for women. But if men suddenly disappeared this very day. And years going forward, don't tell me most women wouldn't mostly wear sweat pants, probably stop shaving their legs or much less and would not be wearing make up. Nothing wrong with admitting it. I have a beard, but I keep it trimmed and maintain my apperance to look good. If women disappeared from earth, and i'm around only dudes from that point. I'd probably just let my beard out without ever trimming it. I'd probably look like a caveman lol., but I have a feeling most guys would too. I mean granted there are plenty of guys who look like cavemen now, and they have wives. But make up, appearance work is still in some way a relation to looking attractive and presentable to people and often the opposite a big part of that.

• I get your point but sometimes I put on makeup when I'm Home alone for a whole day. But obviosly some woman will were makeup for other but I hope most will do it for themself

• *wear

• Yes I agree. I like being fresh. Take a shower, dress Nice put on makeup because it gives me confidence and makes me happier. But I could leave the house without makeup.

• This looks like the type of inane article that you would see published in a womens magazine. But anyway here's my reply.
    "1. We wear makeup for ourself only."
    Women wear make up in order to look attractive to other people, especially men, please don't try to pretend that this multi-billion dollar industry only exists as some sort of confidence booster for women.
    "... most wear it because they like it and get confidence by it."
    In that case many women must be seriously lacking in confidence.
    "2. We don't care how many exes you have had, it doesn't matter."
    Yes you do care, which is why you're always asking us about how many exes we've had. And yes it does matter, to you, that is why you get annoyed when we don't want to talk about it or tell you. Then when we do tell you about our exes you start to get all weird and ask if we're still friends, do we still keep in contact etc. Women do this because they are naturally jealous so don't pretend that you don't care because every guy reading this, whose ever had a relationship with a woman, knows that you really do care about it.
    "3. If we are mad leave us alone and come back later."
    When we do that you then get even more pissed off with us because we are ignoring you and not trying to find out why you're mad and give you attention.
    "We will get more mad if you stay and try to hug us. Anything can happen if you do so just leave."
    Sometimes I hug my g/f when she is really mad at me, a couple of times this has led to us having angry sex. A tip to the younger guys reading this, sex with an angry g/f is some of the best sex you will ever have.
    "4. We don't only want a solutions on our problem we want to talk about it."
    Problems need solutions, not words and talking about feelings.
    "5. If we say we don't wanna talk about it. It is because:"
    -you love drama and you're in the mood for an argument.
    "6. We don't want your dick pics unless we have asked for them."
    Read the title of the article. Do you really think that men don't know this? Just because some creepy dude in India sends you pics of his wedding tackle doesn't mean that this is something that men don't know about women.
    "7. We like that you tease us but not about personal stuff."
    There's no point teasing someone about something that they're completely comfortable with and not at all sensitive about because that is not teasing.
    "8. We don't need a man to take care of us."
    Relationships work like this: he takes care of you and you take care of him.

• "9. We are less attractive to mean men way more than ugly men."
      I would imagine that both mean men and ugly men find women to be equally attractive.
      "10. We love compliments that aren't sexual."
      Again is this really one of the top 10 things that women really wish that men knew? What universe is the author of this article living in where random men just walk up to women and give them sexual compliments? Obviously there are creepy men out there and men who don't understand appropriate boundaries, but there are also some inappropriate women too. So how about a compliment like: Nice make-up, you must be feeling really confident today!

• 1. I wear makeup when I'm Home alone and I can go out without makeup. And so does many other woman.
      2. I don't and I meant you shouldn't brag about it unless she asks
      3. You can ask "do you wanna talk about it?" Or "is there anything I can do?" And then leave and come back later.
      4. I understand that you Think like that because you are male but woman don't work the same so we do need to talk about emotion.
      5. No not really but if you wanna imagine that, go ahaed.
      6. Some don't actually
      7. Doesn't need to be completely comfortble but if you joke about Peoples traumas you show lack är empathy. You can do it different ways
      8. I know I didn't say it doesn't. Read again. I said woman can survive without men not that you don't need to do it in a relationship

• 1. If your only doing it for yourself, even though its literally designed to attract male attention as it simulates an aroused state, then how do you get confidence from it? i. e. by the attention you get from men because of it.
    2. Actually I know of several women who have cared about the number of ex's, it bothered them quite a bit.
    3. eh.
    4. That's true, but its also true that men cannot understand why you would talk about a problem (usually over and over again) and not actually bother to fix it. It drives men insane.
    5. eh, I consider that just poor communication skills. If your unwilling to talk about it the problem can't get resolved and then your just going to ruminate and get pissed off about a problem that could have easily been resolved if you just had the courage to actually say what you where thinking.
    6. I think that applies to most women. Men are visual and as such I think they believe women will be aroused in the same way they are by visual stimulation. Clearly its not the case.
    7. sure, but that's how men act, we tease because its a way of dealing with the trauma and insecurities by making them absurd, its a way of conditioning ourselves to not be bothered by it by over exposure and such. So that's probably why that happens.
    8. You do. This is just a fact, their is a reason why 80% of domestic spending (in the US, 70% globally) is done by women yet women only earn about a third of the total domestic earnings, its because they use the mans money. Also your not building a house, building roads, etc. The fact is people need other people in general, and women most definintley need men because again, you on your own would not have anything and you wouldn't be able to handle the jobs men do, hence your biological inclination to want to be with a man (especially a man who is "ambitious"(i. e. greater resources or power and thus security) who is "assertive"(i. e. brave/aggressive so he can better protect) etc.
    9. Nope. One, women actually are attracted to assholes, that's why assholes get sex more often then nice guys, studies back this (one study found that a guy who blatantly wanted sex and was "rude" about it got a more positive response from women then a more "timid" man. Also other studies show that women rated men who where not smiling as more attractive then men who where etc. etc.).
    10. Sounds reasonable enough.

• 1. I get confident even if I'm Home alone. I feel Fresh. But I get your point.
      2. Yes SOME and I meant that you shoudn't brag about it Only tell her if she asks.
      3. well it's true.
      4. I get that
      5. Partly true but its not that simple for every woman
      6. yup
      7. Yes but most woman don't
      8. YES ofcorse I mean a woman won't die if she doesn't have a man (partner) she can live by herself.
      9. Bad boys and mean guys aren't the same. But some woman do.
      10. Yup

• You've heard men brag about how many ex's they have had? Seems stupid, that's like saying I failed this many times, not really much of a selling point. For three yes its true, some times, other times in my experience and from what I have seen its not (bit of a crap shoot). For five, that's my view, maybe I am to blunt of a speaker but to me not speaking about a problem and resolving it never ends well. 7. Not saying women act that way only explaining why men act that way and why they get confused if it bothers you, its a culture clash essentially (same thing with the dick picks, confusion is based upon not understanding the opposite gender. This is also why women seem to think that sexual desirability is the same as being attractive which it is not (a man is willing to lower his standards for casual sex, a woman on the other hand generally won't or will even raise them and that's because male sexual desire is more physical, like being thirsty or hungry and a womans is not).

• Yes and it's stupid like you said. Not speaking about a problem is not the best idé. And number 7, okay never thought of it like that

• For me... This is more like the 10 complaints that have always made most women boring, aka 10 things you hear when you're talking to an unexceptional girl... (Although I have to admit, fellow guys... What is up with number 6? Why?)

• Some of them yes

• 1) "I wear it for myself, to get confidence." Makeup doesn't give you confidence if there's nobody around though.
    Think about it. It's an interesting throught experiment. Suppose you live COMPLETELY alone, in an empty, locked room your whole life, without a mirror. Do you know what your face looks like? Hardly. So does wearing makeup matter anything to you? Nope.
    Women wear makeup because society (e. g. other women) convinced them that this is how they are beautiful. Women wear makeup to fit society's idea of beauty. And sure, that gives you confidence - but only through the thought that now you are better than some people, or that you are good enough for some people.
    In other words, makeup IS about essentially lying to the world about your beauty.
    If you said you work out for confidence, or that you read a lot for confidence, I'd say that's fair, because those are INTERNAL characteristics of a person - they don't necessarily affect the broader society. But makeup is ENTIRELY a social construct, and as such it is unalienable from competing for approval from society.

2) So you complain that men brag about your exes... yet you disparage them if they talk about them. I think you are insecure.
    Also, for the record: and we men DO care how many exes you have. Maybe accept that, and don't call it "slutshaming".

3) "Anything can happen if you do so just leave."
    That's a threat. You want a pass for behaving irrationally, and then you THREATEN us if we don't comply? Have you no shame, woman?
    by the way rest assured, if you get physical, you draw the shorter straw - 9999 out of 10000 cases, the guy WILL be stronger. So maybe don't poke them - "anything can happen" after all.

4) "We don't only want a solutions on our problem we want to talk about it."
    Yes, we know that. And we also know that we don't want to talk about it, and we like looking for solutions. So how about you stuff it, and talk with your girlfriends about it, and accept that we DON'T want to talk about it? Is that fair?

5) "If we say we don't wanna talk about it. It is because: blah blah blah"
    Yeah, we know.
    Here's a shocker for you - we ain't mindreaders.
    You said you like to talk.
    THIS IS THE TIME TO TALK ABOUT IT!
    Again, get a grip!

6) If you don't want dick pics, maybe stop hanging out with fuckboys.

7) "Don't tease about a trauma we have been through and don't joke about something you know we are insecure about."
    This goes both ways. Don't be an asshole to your significant other.

• 8.) "We don't need a man to take care of us. We can live on our own and be successful by ourself but having a man by our side is even better!"
      You know that's a lie. Most women lie about this to themselves. The reality is that you THINK you don't need a man because you haven't tried being truly being alone. Most men have, and they admit to themselves that they do NEED somebody. Not always, sometimes everyone feels the need for a break. But you can't become a full, healthy person without someone completing you.
      But sure, if you don't need us - we don't need you either. Be a strong independant woman. Print 20 T-shirts, wear it every day, so that men might know THIS WOMEN doesn't need them, and so they can leave your entitled butt alone. Trust me, you'll be craving for attention pretty soon ;-P

9)

• Anyway, I feel that you have some good intentions here, but there are obviously disagreements between us. I got frustrated by your myTake, for reasons that would take too long to explain in a comment, suffice to say accept my sincere apology for being rude, and if you want to talk in a constructive manner, I urge you to do so.

• I didn't mean to upset you or anyone else. I'm sorry if I hurt your feelings. I forgive you for your apology.
      1. That could be true I never thought of it that way. But I'm not sure.
      2. okay
      3. I would never threat anyone and I know it's serioust I was sarcastic I mean look at the picture.
      4. You don't seam to care about this one so lets move on. And to the rape thing NO
      5. sometimes true sometimes not
      6. sadly People I don't know has sent me and old friends had Said so.
      7. Thanks for telling me I'm not gonna find anyone, lol😂. But anyway I don't Think its wrong to be independent
      If you wanted to trick me you would be nicer. And I'm also a pretty nice person in real life apparently not everyone sees that here.
      10. Okay but its in a much better way

• Pretty much spot on for the most part.
    Some I would disagree with. Then again every woman is unique and I probably have not met one where those items apply.

#4 is huge. If I'm really not sure I'll probably ask if she is asking for a solution. 99% of the time I just support her.

For the love of all things in heaven and above -- guys, pay attention to #7

• Thankyou! And It's Good that you support them.

• Thank you.
      It's just what I do. Took a while to learn though.

• 😊👍

• Given #8, 1-7 and 9-10 are irrelevant since the man is an accessory as you state. I am a huge believer in independence and I believe men and women should just have minimal relationships such as I do which is good friends with benefits. This list is silliness.

• Not true but cute opinion lol

• If I would have known you are under 18 I wouldn't have bothered with an opinion.

• So People that are under 18 don't have great opinions. Lol Good luck with that attitude

• 1. So when you doll yourself all up and no one notices, how does that make you feel?
    2. Then why bring it up? Most women I know expect me to have been a straight up hoe.
    3. Gladly. If women didn't have 37 other men waiting at their beck and call I imagine they wouldn't be this cocky about wanting space.
    4. Thats what Becky is for, otherwise you're wasting our time. Bonus points for being the first woman to acknowledge that though.
    5. We're supposed to figure out which one while also respecting #3? Gotcha. Ignore you till you figure your shit out. Roger that, Going golfing, shooting, hiking etc will post the pics on the Bookface so you can be pissy that the world isn't miserable as you.
    6. We know. Its like a meme now or something >_> Kinda like when you wear skimpy McSkimperson out with your girlfriends and take your sweet time telling suitors that you're spoken for.
    7. That rule only applies to us. You're gf's know we peed the bed till age 10 by week 3 of dating us. Your alopecia, sweaty palms, IBS, alcoholism , bulimia etc are all kinds of off limits though. And no its not below the belt to shout out any and all touchy subjects to the entire planet when you're upset with us.
    8. You're welcome.
    9. LOL! Ok Brittany. 10 Things Women Wish Men Knew
    10. *You love compliments that aren't from ugly people.
    www.indiatimes.com/.../...nd-ugly-guys-234244.html

www.boredpanda.com/.../

• Your one positive dude *sarcasm* red pill for sure.

• @demonics
      1=Good sometimes I put on makeup when I'm Home alone. And I and many other woman can go out without makeup. But it does give me confidence to wear makeup. And ofcorse some woman wear it for others and some don't.
      2. Every woman won't bring it up, sometimes men do. And many woman don't want a hoe, but some do.
      3. Every woman don't have that many men waiting and just leave us alone when we are mad is a Good Idé.
      4. Well if you care for someone you will talk to her about it even if you don't like everything 100%.
      5. Lol I understand that it makes you annoyed to see that there are so many different reasons and if you don't have empathy for a woman then don't bother this isn't life or death and I haven't Said I do that when I'm mad.
      6. apparently not all guys
      7. It aplies to both genders but look at the title again.
      8. Lol?
      9.😂?
      10. Not Always true.

• 9. We are less attractive to mean men way more than ugly men.
    This is so not true. Notice the male model getting away with saying things most guys wouldn't attempt. If a normal guy sent things like these he would be shamed, caled a creep etc.
    https:/ /goo. gl/iD5sqc

Women may say they "want" nice guys, but the truth is they will happily let a hot guy treat them much worse than an ugly nice man.

• I don't like the modeling world these days because they are discriminating and ofcorse there are some woman that are bitches that will Only go for looks but I'm not one of them and many aren't. But your opinion is sadly true sometimes

• It is true the vast majority of the times. I don't blame women or anything but i prefer to be completely honest with myself. DNA tracing has showed that 40% of men have reproduce throughout the course of human history while 80% woman have reproduced. Online dating site stats show that woman rate 80% of men below average when it comes to looks.

Everywhere you look it shows that attractive people get MUCH better experiences in the dating world.

• Pretty good. #4 is the one I have the most problem with. I like to just get problems fixed and forget about them. Women can't seem to accept just solving things, they want to endlessly discuss them. That bugs the s*** out of me. Just FIX IT and move on!

• Thankyou! And I understand that number 4 can be annoying and sometimes it's even annoying for us, lol

• Yeah basically I want to point out to everyone because I would guess almost nobody has realized this perspective. Basically you actually have control of your own personal happiness and it is up to you to not let external situations effect your inner well being and happiness. If someone is a complete asshole to me and calls me hurtful names it doesn't effect me at all because I realize the problem is not with me at all, but with the insecurities and personality of the asshole. I actually feel sorry for him because he might be having the worst day of his life or something, at the very least has to navigate his life with a terrible personality. His words actually only mean something if I let them hurt me. I wouln't even need to be mean back, I would just move on continue being happy and nice to everyone. I have no need to like win in an argument escalation. It would be totally pointless, If someone cuts you off, like getting mad and being offended makes you the real loser.

• @dieharder2k

"Basically you actually have control of your own personal happiness and it is up to you to not let external situations effect your inner well being and happiness."

Exactly right. You can't control what other people do. But you can control how you respond to it. I don't like when other people fail to take responsibility for their own happiness or blame me for their lack of it. That's their job not mine. But it's a little different when it's someone you love. You want them to be happy and you should be willing to make some sacrifices to help them achieve that.

• Show more from Guys
    66