The Real Reason Why Women Wear Makeup

If you are a woman and going to get triggered and attack me based on the fact that I am a guy and I supposedly know nothing about make up because I am a guy, you are reinforcing the very stereotypes you fight against and you are sexist.

The Real Reason Why Women Wear Makeup

Lashes

Testosterone has the property to make hair coarse, rough and thicker, all qualities women want in their lashes and brows. Women's beauty ideal for lashes are thick long lashes that stay in place once curled. Men have on average 14 times more testosterone than women. Although different types of hair exist on men and women, testosterone makes the hair coarser, thicker and rougher for all men compared to women. This is also true for eye lashes. Men naturally have longer, thicker and stronger looking lashes than women do.

The Real Reason Why Women Wear Makeup

Brows

For the same reason that men have more beautiful eye lashes, they also have more beautiful eyebrows. Men's eyebrows also benefit from testosterone. Depending on how much of your testosterone gets converted to DHT, which stimulates bodily hair growth, a man's eyebrows are varingly thicker and bolder than in women. Women often fill in their eye brows with make up to make give off the illusion they are actually thicker and fuller. Men don't need this, their brows are naturally filled up and stronger than those of women. Men's brows are more beautiful and women know it.

The Real Reason Why Women Wear Makeup

Lips

Testosterone once again benefits the male beauty in this department as well. Testosterone stimulates the blood flow in the whole body, also the lips. The lips are red simply because of the blood flowing through them. Men's lips are due to testosterone naturally redder than those in women because of better blood flow. Men don't need lipstick, their lips are naturally more beautiful and women know it.

The Real Reason Why Women Wear Makeup

Skin

Although women can have beautifully soft and silky skin due to estrogen. Men simply have thicker skin due to the fact of being men. Evolution has foreseen men with thicker skin because men are more physically active and can get wounded more often than women. Women need stretchy skin for pregnancy, men dont. The thick skin of men's bodies, including their face helps them stay protected from the elements more so than women. This means that men are less likely to get blemishes on their skin than women, and women know it.

Look at these exquisite facial gains
Look at these exquisite facial gains

Facial Musculature

The human face has 45 muscles in it, most of them are used for facial expressions, while some also serve the purpose of beauty. Since men have more testosterone they can have more muscle growth in the entire body, also in the face. Testosterone reacts with androgen receptors in the body to stimulate muscle growth. When men do facial exercises their faces become more masculine, become more toned than women's faces and simply look better. The maximum potential of the face lies higher in men than in women and women know it.

Male and female pheasant
Male and female pheasant

Selection for Beauty

The totality of the entire human species has more female ancestors than male ancestors, this shows that over the majority of the course of history a majority of women have selected a minority of men. This has created strong sex differences between men and women. Such sex differences occur when there is heavy competition amongst males for females. In many species including humans such evolutionary stress results in males being more beautiful than females, and women know it.

Conclusion

Women feel so insecure because male beauty is simply stronger represented in our species than female beauty. Women are jealous of our strong eyelashes and brows. They are jealous of our blemish-free skin and our red and powerful lips. Men don't suffer bodily damages from pregnancy because we can't get pregnant, we don't get saggy tits, or a saggy ass. Even if we get wrinkles and even if we go bald women perceive it as maturity, and still think its hot. Men are more beautiful than women and women know it! Women wear make up because they are jealous of our beauty.

5139

Most Helpful Girls

• I don't agreeing or disagreeing with you. Some women probably wear makeup for that reason, I don't know but what I do know is not all of us do that. I only wear makeup for special occasions or work that's all other than that I'd rather be makeup free

Join the discussion

What Girls Said 49

• So uhmm. Your like flamingo flaming gay huh?

You can think what you want. Not all females make their eyebrows thicker. Some like thin. Not all females need mascara for their lashes. No female wants too much muscle in her face. Unless it’s like cheekbones. And lips are different with every ethnicity. As with everything anyway. Not just being a woman. So you admire men too much and I think you should take this post as your coming out story. All the support for you. 🌈

• Most women wear makeup to simply highlight their features and bring a slight glow to their faces. While the other half literally covers their real face with a makeup mask and turns a completely different person.

Plus. There are a lot of ugly ass men with no lashes no lip shape or color, caterpillar overly grown eyebrows and all that Jazz you speak off

• Oh my God thanks I needed that chuckle

• I wear makeup because I like to look refreshed and ready for the day. And most men's eyebrows have no arch, which women want. Plenty of women have thicker eyebrows, thicker lashes, and full lips. Plenty of men have less hair on their eyebrows, thin lashes, and thin lips. Most women do not want to look like men.

• This is oddly biased and male extremest. Beauty standards aren't the same all over either. Some countries light skin is desired some tan in sone countries having natural makeup is more desired and in other places no make up is desired. This is an article basically saying we want to have male attributes. Its ridiculous

• LOL.. What? Women wear makeup for a vast number of reasons. Not every woman desires thicker eyebrows. Many women get their eyebrows plucked, waxed and threaded for this reason. Makeup is not intended to "protect from the elements" and is not supposed to give women "thicker skin". It's to conceal blemishes and marks, to even and tone your skins appearance and is used as a base foundation. Also, you do realize that models do not resemble the average population correct?

• Scientifically, your reasoning about the testosterone portion may be right. However, your conclusions go downhill from there.
    I'm pretty sure that I put on makeup because I want to look nicer and prettier for myself. I have a rather pale complexion.
    I also don't ever remember lamenting the fact that I couldn't grow a beard and look like a guy. I think if people commented that I looked like a guy than a girl, I would be very depressed. Lol

• Yeah, I got called sir once when I was in a chef coat and hat for catering. It was definitely memorable. Embarrassing moment for sure.

• "This means that men are less likely to get blemishes on their skin than women, and women know it." You know, but more guys than girls have severe acne due to testosterone, and if a woman have acne due to hormonal imbalance it's usualy because of high level of testosterone. So that statement is false, but it's right that men have thicker skin and less wrinkles because of it.

• Women are just as beautiful as men regardless of the reasons why and how we differ. Women wear makeup to enhance their beauty, to feel more confident, to attract men and because we can. If you're a man and you're not reasonably attractive with: long, dark eyelashes, red lips, nice skin etc.. you cannot wear makeup to help with your prowess with the ladies. We are not insecure or jealous. We just have the better advantage. Men also get saggy tits, huge guts and flabby asses too.

• Wanna know my secret?
    I wear make up because I like how it looks on me, that’s it, I only wear lipstick tho I’m so perfect I don’t need make-up OMG have you seen my profile? Mmmm Irresistible, no guy can turn me down (just realizing how extra this is)

• Woman put on makeup because they like the way they look when they do. I personally prefer not to because the itching ain't worth it. My skin is way to sensitive for all that. Besides, I'm gorgeous without it

• I wear makeup because if I didn’t people would notice more than if I did. Having said that I recently decided that once my bottle of foundation runs out I’m never buying makeup again so, wish me luck!

• Show more from Girls
    39

What Guys Said 39

• I'm triggered by your ignorance of history and ignorance of makeup. Makeup was originally invented for men to use. Especially blush, eyeliner and mascara.
    This "insecure" man is wearing a ton of makeup.
    The Real Reason Why Women Wear Makeup

• Well, I'm in the camp that believes women wear makeup for reasons other than men's opinions.

• Wait…what?
    Da fuq did I just read?
    I don't… But how…
    WTF?

• That's just one of their favorite hobbies by the way. You don't have to assume that they're all insecure just because they put makeup. Girls with high testosterone will look manly and it doesn't really appeal guys. Testosterone on guys doesn't make them pretty but makes them look manly which is beautiful and attractive for girls. Girls have their own hormones that makes them beautiful.

• You are close but they do it to impress their friends and improve their female social circle standing. Makeup is a reflection of women's emotions and how they all play out in living war paint colors.

• I don't think one gender has stronger or more prominent genes than the other. Quite frankly, I don't care if women put on makeup if it makes women and girls feel pretty and special, I just let it be and this is how I look at this question as a whole.

• I get your point, but i dont think every girl is like that, heck my girlfriend usualy dont wear makeup or hide her not perfect, and thats what i think is sexy about her to be honest

• i didn't even have to read this to know where you were going. i probably agree with most of it.

I don't date women who wear a lot of make-up. It smells bad and looks bad.

• Hmmmmm maybe part of it but I feel women wear make up for themselves and other women - Thinking about a man comes way down the list I feel :)

• Haha nice sattire. What looks good is whatever society decides on. Don't celebrate your sex as some achievement, you played no role in determining it

• which photo looks better to you of her?

instagram. com/limillims

• Show more from Guys
    29