10 Most Common Misconceptions About Girls

Inspired by top 10 misconceptions about guys

1. All girls turn into monsters during PMS.

Level of pain during PMS varies. Some feel it a lot while others feel nothing. Its also influenced by season and what the women eats. Some just aren't that emotional, which leads to my next point...

2. All girls are emotional

This just isn't true. There are many girls who are detached from their feelings.

So some of us are like this...

While others are like this

3. We only like bad boys

Not true. We may go through a phase but ultimately we like gentlemen who take care of themselves and respect us.

4. All of us love "pink"

Not true. Similar to point number 2. See Lindsay’s face below.

5. We only look nice to get boys

Definitely not true. We actually do it to look acceptable to society. Other girls actually judge us more. Women will know if you are wearing cheap makeup vs brand name makeup.

So while we sometimes look nice to do this:

Most of the time it's to avoid this:

6. All of us hate breaking nails

Not true. I hate long nails and i do not do fancy nails. Many girls play sports with guys and simply do not care.

7. All of us want to be with our man 100% of the time

Nope. We just want to spend meaning time with you. We also need alone time and time to spend with family and friends.

8. We want men to plan extravagant dates

No. What we want is meaningful time. We just ask that you be mentally present and a good listener.

9. We are all really girly and experts with hair and makeup

Nope. Not all of us can do the “Kim Kardashian hair and makeup” and not all of us want to.

10. We are naturally hairless

No. We have body hair. We go to great lengths to keep it hairless.

1226

Most Helpful Girls

• Great take.. thanks

1. Yes, my hormone creeped up slowly and gotten worse. Its scary to me.
    I am managing to have a better handle of it now that I know. But it has caused my relationship.
    I really didn't feel crazy till more recently. I did get a few other common sydroms when younger.
    2. I am more logical and practical for my personailty. but have been accused of too emotional, confused me because i was just learning that myself, i had no support, but how when I didn't even know.
    3. 4, 5 - agree - never like bad boys. love to dress up not just for him/dates. never like pink
    6 like my nails done :P
    7. like my alone time - but accused of needy... that time of them month killed me
    8. love all kinds of dates, yes.. just listen man lol... and not be logical!! kills us.
    9 i love being natural.
    10. only if they appreciate us more...
    life will be a lot better

• All these salty men. 😂😂😂 Why is it so hard to believe that a female can be a genuine person with good intentions? You're saying only men can be capable of being good people? What about your moms? Are they evil? 😂

Most Helpful Guys

• Basically what some people don't understand are that women are people, and people can be included in that patterns of behavior or not. I think people who are much more into "common sense" are much more susceptible to act like these stereotypes.

As a empathy (and logic) exercise, you can think about stereotypes some girls about guys, and see how much it doesn't make to you.

In the end, men or women, we are just people.

• Misconceptions? More like all facts. I grew up in a house with 7 sisters and my single mother. Their time of the month would always be a week I stayed at my mates house as my sisters and my mum become violent.

Join the discussion

1024
  • Misconception #11:
    All women have bi-sexual tendencies.

Misconception #12:
    All women wish to be dominated by so call "alpha males".

Misconception #13:
    All women are the same.

• Truth about Girls: You're bad people and are way worse than guys therefore y'all lie and pretend to be all sweet so guys will like you so you can use him for sex and take his money.

Girls can't fall in love and the sooner guys realize this the happier they'll be.

• Sure they can love, it's just that everything they love about a guy is actually about her, and that they love a guy more, the more he makes everything about her... You could say that the person they love is themselves, and that guys are only the ones who make them feel it.

• @Journeyman11 good man. A sign of humble character.

• 7d

@Journeyman11 It's all good. People are people. Man or woman.

• I love how you keep it simple. I used to be an editor and I think we have a similar way to write.

I liked it!

• 1) I only turn into a monster some months, not all of them.
    2) But I'm highly emotional.
    3) I like nice boys. And girls. And enbies.
    4) I love pink.
    5) I try looking nice for my self esteem.
    6) I hate breaking nails.
    7) If I find a man he can have me all the time.
    8) A simple date works.
    9) I'm girly. I love makeup and my shoulder length hair. But I'm no expert.
    10) I shave where I must.

• I learned today that women are people :o

~Shocking~

• That didn't really provide anything not already known. I'm going to disagree with the extravagant dates, as most women would want that, and I'm not saying all the time.

• Uh not all guys are fifteen years old. I think most guys thinking on these topics would be more towards stereotypes if not holding stock in them at all.

• Nice information , I should write them all in my book of science.

• Most are common sense, not misconceptions... except... all girls ARE emotional, statistically speaking. Yes, you are.

• Good info... one thing to mention here, no girl is exactly the same as the other, none of you come from a cookie cutter or a mold.

• I once gave a so called mother a bottle of midol so she would shut her trap up and quit her constant bitching and complaining she laughed and called me an asshole or a prick lol

• Did you ever see the men verison of this post? Both are great

• I'm a sporty girl with short nails and pink is yuck

• 10 Most Common Misconceptions About Girls

• Women weren’t allowed to vote until 1920 only 98 years ago.

• ok so no getting waxed during this time or bad moods or being grumpy so some of this hapoens to some girls an not others so what hapoens to the girl who has none of those happen what's she like

• I feel weird that I'm the stereotypical girl you explained that I wasn't lmao

• Lot of common sense there. Men or women, we are all individuals.

• Most of this is true for me though. I’m a girly girl through and through.

• Not proud to admit it, but I did learn a couple of things there that I didn't know about before

• My ex would always want to start fights when she was pmsing, but yeah, not all women are the same

• THis is just: WAhmEn aRe PEOplE aNd aRe NormAL PeolPE

• Girls are same as boys, just they don't penis and they have boobs. 😁

• I don't have all that testosterone either.

• I'm over flowing mine lol. I mean both guys and girls are same emotionally. Just they have differences in physical appearance. ☺

• Thumbs up! :D

• 7.
    Drunk at the club.
    Seems about right. ;)

• nice take, ty

• Amen, and preach.

• Good take

• I knew these

• Yet there are still men that think they know more about a female than an actual female does 😂

• Great

• What great lengths do you go to in order to remove hair? Just a razor?

• I like how the guys commenting are really hating on this 😂 I feel like they tie television & bad experiences to fabricate their logic.
    But then again. I think we all do that. 🤔

• This is a dumb this is all you could think of