Is it bad if my ultimate goal in life is being a mother and a homemaker?

What do you think so and what is your ultimate goal?
being a mother and a homemaker
being a mother and a homemaker

2|3

Most Helpful Girl

• Awwe, no way! That’s really sweet, and if you’re happy that way and you find a partner with whom this dynamic will work, you’re all good. Whatever makes you happy and works for you 😊

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• My ultimate goal in life is to be a father and provide for my family

I admire your goal and hope to meet someone like you

2|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Is ir a bad thing? Not necassarily. But you can have career. What happens if yoy never have kids, or your relationship dosent last, your partner dies. When the kid starts school and you have hours each day to fill. Is it not better to have something to engage with

1|0
    0|0
    • 4 d ago

For now im a student and part time worker. Who knows maybe i will still have a job later, i gotta see what happens.

• No it's not bad to want that. Although I highly suggest having an education and a degree in a trade such as nursing, dental hygienist, lawyer, etc you get the drift.
    Don't be solely dependent upon a husband to provide for you.

2|0
    0|0
    • 4 d ago

Im in college rn so yea i definitely want education before marriage.

• 4 d ago

Good, glad to hear that. I was a stay at home mom myself and I loved every minute of it.
      I had a few side jobs that I could do at home to bring in extra money.
      I canned jams and sold them, along with eggs from my hens and I did hair. So that helped out a lot.

• No there's nothing wrong with having that goal. You have to do whatever is going to make you happy. I'd imagine being a great mum is about the most rewarding jobs you can do.

1|1
    1|0
    • 4 d ago

Ah that's amazing. Rare to see someone agree with me nowadays

• 4 d ago

Omg wrong reply lol sorry, thanks for ur comment

• No it's not bad at all... its actually pretty respectable path to take and will be very fulfilling in the long run.

You will have the power to nurture and sculpt the minds of the next generation. Give them everything they require to be fit for success in their adult lives. Teaching them the values and principles as you see fit. This is actually quite a prosperous and noble route to take in the long run.

3|0
    0|0
  • I notice you said your in college right now. It's not bad to have your goal BUT I am not going to sit here and say it's okay to rack up student loan debt and refuse to paid it before you get married. Or get married and force your husband paid for it. Keep your goal but pay off loans before getting married and quitting your job it's only fair for your future husband.

1|0
    0|0
    • 3 d ago

Not sure how it works where you live, i don't really have loans tho. It's not that im rich but bc the country i live in is unstable financially its difficult to get loans unless you are extremely rich.

• Show All
    • 3 d ago

My parents pay for

• 2 d ago

Oh okay! but I was just saying because I didn't know that and also I know a lot of people who have their parent pay then later stop for various reasons just saying in general for anyone who has debt and wants to get married and not work.

• Absolutely not! Women’s liberation is about allowing them to do whatever they want. So if they want to be a mother and homemaker, so be it! Let them pursue what they want.

The reason you are feeling unnecessary guilt is because feminism is NOT really about women’s rights. It’s about destroying traditional families.

3|2
    2|0
  • It’s not bad, just keep in mind that most women with children still shoulder both a household and a real, paying job successfully so why not aim higher like they are?

Personally it’s my dream to get a PhD & produce new knowledge capital that will help society progress in the right direction. I want to continue to make art on the side & maybe adopt some advisory roles in economics and politics (which would be my fields of expertise) to the EU, lobbying groups or national governments.

2|0
    1|1
  • No, that’s my goal ultimately. I want a career and I also want to publish books because it’s my passion but I just know I’m meant to be a nurturer. That’s what I want the most out of life to be a wife and mother.

1|0
    0|0
  • For the most part no one cares. If that is what you want, do it.

My ultimate goal is building my brand, successfully with influence.

1|0
    0|0
  • I wouldn't say that was “bad” as an ultimate goal as there is nothing wrong with wanting to be a mother and a homemaker. Being the best mother you can is a complex , challenging and demanding choice but obvs very rewarding. The only point I would add to this is that a good measure of live experience is invaluable from a parenting perspective and can be really important when your kids come to age so that’s why the timing element in planning a family cN play a big role :) .. good luck though

1|0
    0|0
  • No that's perfectly natural just make sure you have lived traveled and enjoyed life before you do settle down and make sure you you have a career set up before hand so you have something to look forward to when your child has grown up

1|0
    0|0
  • No but unless you’re with a rich guy you’d be smart to have all your kids within a few years if each other & then build a work career starting from when the kids are like 5th grade. Otherwise you will be hurting for money later in life if anything goes wrong with the marriage or even if your husband dies without a very big insurance policy.

1|0
    0|0
  • That is the natural normal goal. Being a mother and homemaker should be every womans ultimate goal. Its not bad at all.

As a man my goal is to be a father and provider.

3|1
    1|1
  • No it's not bad. But it is risky. You will be fully dependant on whoever your with to provide for you and your children. Not to be harsh but in the case of your spouse leaving you or dying it will be a rough transition to go from staying at home to being a single mother and having to work. Of course having family help you is an obvious move, but I'd learn some kind trade, get a degree, something to fall back on in case of disaster. It's better to be safe than sorry.

2|0
    0|0
  • This is nothing bad 😊 you want to have a family and live happily... This can't ever be bad...

My ultimate goal also is to have a happy life with my boyfriend, to marry him, to have kids, to live happily ever after

1|1
    0|0
  • If that’s what you want to do, go for it! That’s currently what I do, and let me tell you, it certainly can be a challenge, but caring for your children and husband, and keeping up the house is in itself it’s own reward. 🙂

1|0
    0|0
  • Not really, different people have different goals. Some are ambitious, others are tame but you should always strive to achieve what you want. Others opinions be damned.

1|0
    0|0
  • 4 d ago

Is it bad if my ultimate goal in life is being a mother and a homemaker?

2|1
    0|0
  • It's not a bad thing. It's what you want to do. It's nice to see that you're focussing on looking after a family, instead of a career. Very noble. I respect that, and I respect your future boyfriend/husband for taking on full responsibility for earning the money.

1|0
    0|0
  • Do whatever makes you happy.
    There are men who want a home maker too.

1|1
    0|0
  • Not at all. You do you. My ultimate goal in life is to be a mother too but it doesn’t make me less strong of a woman, and I still understand and respect that it not every woman’s goal to be a mother.

1|0
    0|0
  • No not at all
    I would say its one of the great dreams and tasks which are hard to do but are very cute and influencing

1|1
    0|0
  • my goal in life is to be a father and a husband, because i never had parents growing up, so i really want a family. Trust me i get it. Being a father/mother can be rewarding.

1|1
    0|0
  • Great and wonderful professions. It requires skill and love. Many men like women just like you. It brought a lot of fun and joy. Don't let anyone tell you it isn't a job or profession.

1|0
    1|0
  • No, but other women will secretly hate you for going against their cause

1|0
    2|0
    • 4 d ago

Here most of them supported me well ahaha

• 4 d ago

Just saying, if you have a girlfriend that likes to do things her way you can bet your ass its more a frenemy than a friend

• 4 d ago

as a feminst I call bs to your opinion

• You are way over due. Real women want to fulfill their true roles, be moms. Of course feminazi's and manginia's won't like this opinion.

2|2
    1|0
    • 4 d ago

But men think the ambitious women are the better prospect now. I’ve actually been told women aren’t even allowed to be homemakers by a guy I was dating.

• 3 d ago

@Diana7 Women are the natural homemakers. The guy you were dating was evidently getting his smoke from the wrong place, wrong bong.

• That's actually a good thing a very good thing... most "women" aka beasts of nature don't want that sort of thing nowadays... what you have is a very rare quality

2|0
    1|0
  • Find a man who desires the same and you'll be in bliss together.

3|1
    0|0
  • That's completely fine... it's not that easy to be just like any other ambition... But I love it... I would love to marry a woman with such an ambition...

1|0
    0|0
  • Absolutely not it is just fine to be what you want to be heck my ultimate goal is to be a father some day after that it would probably be a grandfather

1|1
    0|0
  • Being a home-maker and sacrifice your whole life time to loce, care and protect your family is a worthy thing which is absolutely hard to find in today's career conscious generation (though nothing coupd have been wrong here too, but tjey get overly pracrical and selfish in the desire to make it high).

This is your life and your choice. A loving mother who devotes her time for her children is like fairy tales thilese days, so absolute reapect for you.

A home maker is what makes a peaceful, loving and cheering home. So you derserve my second respect.

But also, a third respect should go to the husband who let all the financial burden on his shoulder to provide the family ehat it wants.

1|1
    1|0
  • Personally I wouldn't date or marry someone like that cause I want a partner who is ambitious like me.
    But the majority of guys would like a girl who wants to be homemaker

1|1
    0|0
  • Nothing wrong. a lot of guys prefer it that way. I might not be 100% on the same boat though

1|0
    0|0
  • If it's what makes you happy then what's the problem? We dont live in a big Hollywood movie ya know everyone has his definition of happiness or " peace "

1|0
    0|0
  • No, it’s a perfectly reasonable life goal. Be what you wanna be, man. I personally want to get into acting but that’s a pretty unrealistic goal so whoops//

1|0
    0|0
    • 4 d ago

Getting an education while doing acting on youtube is more realistic. There too many people moving to LA and trying to be an actress while wasting their time in min wage jobs.

• 4 d ago

@NatashaJ Yeah, that’s probably the best option. After all, if you’re already recording yourself in front of a camera when you do YouTube, you’ll be more comfortable with cameras and on top of that be able to show your talents more than the typical job, giving you more recognition overall.

• 4 d ago

Well and you have freedom to create whatever you want but don't get money hungry on youtube people like youtubers who are on youtube because they enjoy it and not there just to get paid.

• It's not as long as it's your choice.
    I still encourage young girls to try both ways and see what suits them best.

1|0
    0|0
  • Not at all, it's your life and choice as long you find somebody compatible.

1|0
    0|0
  • That is not bad at all. It is a very noble goal in fact. You won't get rich but that's not the point.

1|0
    0|0
  • Oh, a good old fashioned wife.
    People with common sense will tell you to do the best for your dreams.
    Others will get triggered.

1|0
    1|0
  • Being a mom is a great goal you get to make life and teach it so it does not repeat our past

2|1
    0|0
  • No it’s your choice people should respect ones that choose to stay at home. It’s not for me I loveeeee my career. But good for you!!!

1|0
    0|0
  • It's is not bad. People have different goals in life. My goal is to travel the world and see all the unique places in the world.

1|0
    0|0
  • No it's not as long as you clean the house from head to toe and cook and do your job. As long as you don't lay around all day eating and watching soaps on TV all day not really doing anything

1|0
    0|0
  • no it's great. i wish more women cared about those stuff

2|0
    1|0
  • NO IT'S NOT! :D (^J^) I wish I could do the same too but I can't. I'm sure you'll be a great mother! <3

1|0
    0|0
  • No!! My goal used to be different but since becoming a mother this is my ultimate goal too.

1|0
    0|0
  • No, that's not a bad dream. A lot of women want that, actually.

1|0
    1|0
  • That is indeed bad as it shows lack of ambition and competitiveness. Everyone needs to make a home, with or without kids. It isn´t a full time occupation, just something you do in your spare time.

0|0
    0|0
  • Seems like we have same ultimate goal in life lol

2|2
    1|1
    • 4 d ago

Ah that's amazing. Rare to see someone agree with me nowadays

• 4 d ago

I have no idea why I got 2 dislikes 😂

• Nope.
    Its actually Best.
    Home doesn't run on its own and a man can't handle somethings all himself.

1|0
    0|0
Show More

Recommended myTakes