The 6 Personalities of Men: Alpha, Beta, Gamma, Omega, Delta, Sigma

Demon_King_Alastor

Good evening gentleman, I am making this post to talk about the six different forms of men. The problem with our society is that people focus heavily on Alphas and Betas that they forget and ignore the other four or just lump the other four into Alphas or Betas. If we focused on all six, then maybe men wouldn't seem like they are either one or the other. Another thing I dislike is the constat fighting between Alphas and Betas, both should just get over their differences, because when you thin about it, they could both be friends. Now without any futher ado, let's dive in.

Alphas

The most common and most desires man, the leader of the pack, the most beautiful, high intelligent, high confident, and athletic. They are typically working high paying jobs or are heads of companies due to their dominant personalities. Are usually seen as the head of social gatherings and love being the center of attention (or attract attention so highly that they become the center). Alphas are also the ones who get the most female attention due to their genes and traits being the most desired in men. Alphas are well liked by almost everyone, and have an easy charm and swagger about their presence. Women are drawn to their charisma and presence and enjoy being social and having lots of people around. They are a natural leader

Beta

The second most common known personalities. Betas are commonly referred to as “manginas” and “women worshippers” they believe in putting women on a pedestal and treating them like Queens, something that Alphas typically disagree with. They typically avoid risks and “play safe” due to fear of consequences. Would rather work in an Alpha’s law firm, than create their owns. An unremarkable, careful man who avoids risk and confrontation. Beta males lack the physical presence, charisma and confidence of the Alpha male.

The problem is Betas aren’t women worshippers they are just extremely loyal, typically work high paying jobs and careers, work out, and focus on making themselves the perfect man. Betas can also be the perfect sidekicks or friends for Alphas, although they treat women like queens, they focus on self-improvement, making it a big part of their lives.

Omega

The polar opposite of the Alpha Male. Omega Males can have friends and close acquaintances but prefer to accomplish things on their own without the help of a group. Omega Males generally don't belong to any cliques and have no desire to be the leader or most outstanding of said clique. Omega Males have relations with people from all groups and carry a resourcefulness and cunning (sometimes strength) to get a job done with their own skill. This being said, an omega male can have great pride without it manifesting as "ego." (There are always exceptions for everything). Their careless nature is often perceived as laziness but it’s usually their personal belief that something isn’t worth their time.

An Alpha Male MUST absolutely be perceived by his peers as the toughest, most popular, and smartest. An Omega Male cares little for this recognition...but knows that he is all those things and more. Alpha males want the support of his "boys." This can be the foundation for many shallow and superficial relationships. An Omega Male needs support from time to time, but has few true friends who know him intimately and generally shuns shallow acquaintances. Two sides of the same coin....both being very effective in accomplishing goals. The Omega male is the ascended, Alpha male with an “I don’t give a fuck” attitude. Doesn’t care about status but cares more about self-achievement and avoids pack mentality.

Delta

Males who usually hang under Alphas and Omega males with the hope of leeching off their popularity to gain success. They hope by being friends with the two strongest males they will have more power and influence over Betas and other lower males. Delta males tend to be weak not only in physique, but also in mental capacity. Deltas don’t focus on self-improvement but focus on simply “gaining” by simply associating with stronger men. Survive and thrive off of pack mentality, are the weakest type of men alive. Thrive by lying, being deceitful, spreading rumors and typically attack other men in order to gain approval from women, the true white knights and followers in society. Are supremely arrogant about their own intelligence and abilities and spend their time insulting others while never actually taking any risks of trying to live life to the fullest.

Sigma

The true manipulative masterminds. A spider waiting to lay a trap, the sigma possesses a cunning, intuitive mind and can sway people to their will. They don't have the casual swagger of the alpha or the omega but they do have a clever presence about themselves and people tend to be both wary and respect them for that. They can often be even more powerful than the alpha or the omega male in social situations due to their ability to persuade and manipulate them. Sigma are neither a follower or a leader but rather a wild card. The outsider who doesn’t play the social game and manage to win at it anyhow.

I’ve found that sigmas and Alphas usually work out to be excellent friends because the Alpha never feels that his social dominance is threatened by the sigma. The Sigma is an alpha-like character that the Alpha can connect with, but never fear his own status being undone. Everyone else is vaguely confused by them. In a social situation, the sigma is the man who stops in briefly to say hello to a few friends accompanied by a Tier 1 girl that no one has ever seen before. Sigmas like women, but tend to be contemptuous of them. They are usually considered to be strange. Gammas often like to think they are sigmas, failing to understand that sigmas are not social outcasts; they are at the top of the social hierarchy despite their refusal to play by its rules.

Gamma

Typically the outsider of society, they aren’t really special and instead are sort of invisible…despite this they focus solely on improving themselves and finding happiness in the things they do whether it be video games, a good career, marriage, etc. Gammas are typically average across all lines in physical appearance, wealth, status strength, and intelligence, sort of like some sort of Jack-Of-All Trades in terms of averageness. This might be seen as weaknesses but remember; because they are basically average at everything they don’t seem to lack anything and this could make them a good average Joe type of friend. They are typically hermits or outcasts of society.

And these are the six main personalities of men. The reason that you should know all six is because knowledge is power. It can allow you to understand the behavior and thoughts of other men, and it could also help you change the person you currently are if unsatisfied. Your personality isn’t set in stone, you can be a Alpha today and become a Gamma tomorrow or be a beta and become a Sigma. The point of this is personal growth.

Another thing I want to see stop is the constant Alpha v.s. Beta mentality that constantly goes on between men. One isn’t more important than the other. A alpha is nothing without loyal servants just like loyal servants are nothing without a leader. Both should try to work together instead of spending their time fighting and attacking each other. We are all men, we should join together in a brotherhood, we should respect our brother’s differences, not try to tear them down. Thank you for the time and have a lovely, productive day.

57
168
57Girl Opinion
168Guy Opinion

Most Helpful Guys

• BrutallyHonest87
    I'm a mix of all of these but, my military experience gives me a bit of an Alpha tendency at times.

When forced to be in a group, I will take the leadership role when a leader isn't present. But, I'm happy to ride shotgun with a good leader and will follow him into hell or battle.

At the same time, I am one to aggressively butt heads with a shitty leader and will quickly take over from him.

The US Army showed me what true leadership really is. In spite of the fact that many of the men whom the Army considers to be great leaders are actually extremely shitty leaders without the brains to be leaders.

When forced to be a leader, I seek council from all of my followers. Even the stupid ones. I try to view a given scenario from all angles and attempt to take the best path to complete the mission with minimal casualties.

In social settings, I make it my job to help everyone in my group have a good time. Even in the presence of a great social leader. I guess you could say I take second command. I find that the best Alphas seek me out in these situations because I provide the best supporting leadership role.

However, they being said, the older I get, the more I shun group settings and society as a whole. I am far happier and more successful as a lone wolf. I do my own thing, seeking to complete my tasks and improve myself.
    When I'm at work and I complete my tasks, I have no problem jumping in elsewhere and lending a hand. But, I would prefer my boss to give me an additional task to complete on my own. And I fucking despise people who depend on me to pick up their slack. You don't ask the place kicker to throw a touchdown pass. You don't ask the pitcher to catch a fly ball to left field. I hate that shit.

Of all the types of males here, I am the least like a beta. I will only follow a great leader and I will openly challenge any leader who is less than great. I will seek to overthrow him. With hostility and aggression if necessary.

I'm not a simp, White Knight, or woman worshipper either. Men are the leaders of the world. Not women. And NOBODY should be worshipped.

Oh, and I'll straight up stab you in the back when absolutely necessary. Ruthlessly, too. I am all about self-preservation and I'll be damned if I'm going down with you. Fuck you. I'm run your ass the fuck over and keep on going.

We're all out for ourselves. Some of us just openly admit it while the snakes deny it.

I got your 6 but, you'd better have one eye in the back of your head.
    LikeDisagree 17 People
    Is this still revelant?
    • LilithP

Why aren't there any men like you?

• Ninjazzed

Bet you’re real fun at parties, Chad.

Save it for those who believe your bullshit.

• Tomblebee

@LilithP Natural selection?

• HarvestMoon
    Okay, but here's the epiphany: The only people who would use these terms are douchebags or fuckboys who are seldom successful in life lol.
    LikeDisagree 78 People
    Is this still revelant?
    • Ad hominems and Stereotyping. That's 2 for 2 bud you deserve a prize.

• You want a cookie now little boy?

• No but you obviously want attention.

Most Helpful Girls

• btbc92
    Thinks for explaining this. But one thing I will say is that all that is a made-up social construct. Not from you, but whoever came up with that garbage. Men are men and women are women, and whoever else in-between. It doesn't matter who is able to do this or do that. Every body is capable of doing them and nobody is innocent. And I honestly don't want anything to do with men who thinks like that, no matter how 'desirable/less' they are to other women. A lot of them that do, don't have personality and have an underdeveloped character. And I am not attracted to that, let alone looks. I care about the heart, not their garbage. And a waste of my time. Overall, like I said before, thanks for sharing. And it is quite informative.
    LikeDisagree 69 People
    Is this still revelant?
    • "But one thing I will say is that all that is a made-up social construct. "
      murder is a social construct to...
      "Not from you, but whoever came up with that garbage."
      How is it garbage? It's literally just describing six different behavior patterns of men. Also, this doesn't imply that only one type of man is capable of being innocent. No matter which of the six a man is, he still has personality and his own character, this was just something to describe all six.

• btbc92

@Asker Before anybody knew what it was, people were just people. But when you break down a person based on attitudes towards society and life, this is confusion. I observe people in general. And from what I see, men are just who they are. Anybody can be a mastermind or a master manipulator, anybody can lie. I know the psychological impacts such thinking does to people. And that does not fit the reality. Only the social normality and the perceptive that is thrown out there to deceive people. And the more people conform to it, the more harm it will do. Until you learn to be and think outside of the box, and observe humanity from a distance and study the behaviors of such people to grasp the full understanding of makes a person tick, move, and motivates them, their motivational push.

• How is it confusion? You do know that scientists have determined that there are only 4 basic human emotions right? people are people yes, but you can determine the nature of someone and then use words to describe them. That's exactly what this is.

• bonnita
    Alpha - Enterprising and outgoing, his pre-marital relationships tend to be very brief. Women do not get much comfort or support from a typical Alpha male; and the women who cheat on their non-Alpha partners usually do so by having affairs with Alpha men, like James Bond.
    LikeDisagree 10 People
    Is this still revelant?
    • Cask23

Statistically demonstrated the cheating part is accurate. Very often this happens in marriages where the women settle for the stability of a beta but deep down inside desire an Alpha. When an Alpha male opportunity presents itself, they are down to cheat.

• Gopnik

I'm sigma i guess, i'm laid back and do what's neccesary more i won't do unless it's benefitial, i don't follow i usually lead when in groups.

Scroll Down to Read Other Opinions

55166
  • ashleyb93
    If we're gonna categorize men into small boxes like this I would say alphas are really undesirable to me... they're overrated and nothing unique and care way too much about unimportant things and are usually too arrogant for my tastes. I'm not attracted to wealth or conventionally good looks. Men who fall into the gamma category appeal to me more because they're easier to relate and talk to. They're not out to impress anyone. They're just themselves and that's attractive to me.
    Like 7 People
    • If the concepts of "alpha" "beta" etc exist, I'd definitely consider you alpha from this. But they don't. Really love people like you though. Wish more existed :/

• 😍😍😍

• Michellediva
    Can you provide the link from Pub Med Central (legit) not PubMed (corrupted search engine) which is just a sloppy search engine for articles that anyone can upload even a teenager. PMC research, this would be research that is peer reviewed, then presented to a Board for a second review for accuracy.
    Like 5 People
  • LoU_Hades
    Those people classification are so precise like determine of someone's personality on hand of a horoscope.
    Men don't act towards other men always in the same way. Some guys are team players others lone wolves. I'm always friendly and nice to guys who play in my league there is no competition at all, I feel competition from guys below me.
    Oh the topic of leadership... best leaders are those which don't crave for the leadership. Most of those self-proclaimed "Alphas" fail completely if the situation becomes a little bit more complicated and demanding, but they think all the laurels belong always to them despite they offer nothing with exception of pseudo self-confidence.
    I can remember a situation where our clique went fishing in Norway. After 27 h in cars everyone was tired, GPS didn't work correctly in those fjords and our great leader lost the track. Everyone begun to have some objections to each other and I felt obliged to take the lead. It was a question of time till we found a city while following the best possible road, but our "Alpha" wasn't capable to deal with the situation and the stress.
  • Ellie-V
    You dudes really shouldn’t place yourselves in these ridiculous categories...
    Like 14 People
    • girls do that all the time to men...

• Ellie-V

And? That just means y’all need shut that shit down... not REINFORCE it.

• Ellie-V

It’s literally doing you no favors

• Pamina
    Sounds great and everything, but it's all made up.

The whole wolf pack thing has been debunked years ago, even the scientists who first coined the terms for humans abandoned it again eventually.
    LikeDisagree 7 People
    • I agree but they still use them as far as college sororities go.. I'm not sure why if scientist have debunked it

• Pamina

@VibrantVirgo Same reason why people generally don't care about whether something is scientifically accurate or not - if it fits their already existing biases and opinions, they will stick to it, no matter what, and will even go so far to deny the actual science. You can observe this in all sorts of topics - from vaccines to climate change, and so on.

• Very true, same with religion.

• samit11
    This is stupid :) literally. I mean maybe it made sense when i was 14 but now i realize life is way bigger than knowing if im alpha or gamma male (funny names btw)
    LikeDisagree 2 People
  • SomeGuyCalledTom
    sources? I can see some value in making these kind of distinctions-- if only to provide a cognitive shorthand for self-assessment-- but it seems like a lot of vague generalisations that may or may not hold up under scrutiny. Personally I find more value in Myers-Briggs and similar personality matrixes, as they focus more on how the individual processes and engages with the world around them. For example, I class as an introvert, meaning I gravitate away from the superficial relationships you describe the "alpha" as surrounding himself with. But I'd also be weary of all these introverts coming out the woodworks telling themselves "oh of course-- I'm an OMEGA!"

The limitation I see with this model is that to a large extent, it groups social status and personality traits together, and in doing so classes them as intrinsically linked. In reality, the way we process and interact with the world (which, if you think about it, is the main purpose of what we call 'personality')… is largely fixed throughout our lifespan, whereas social status is far more malleable. So it could be instructive, when stepping into a new social situation, to ask "who has the status in this group?", but I'm not certain that ingrained personality traits could be inferred on that basis.
  • LordSnuggles
    I think the worst part of this is the people ready to buy into it and ready to confirm their bias by putting themselves in a little box after saying, "omg that's so me". It's like the Harry Potter sorting hat only it's self reported. Omg I'm such a slytherin no I'm a ravenclaw.
    LikeDisagree 2 People
  • Chyenne
    Alpha, Beta, Delta, Gamma, Omega, Sigma?

I legit know (and used) the mathematical notations for all these. lol

As for "types" of men? This is dumb. When I see and read men. They all mostly come down to just "Alpha" and "Beta". In the past, I dated both these "types". I even dated a "Beta" that tried to act like an "Alpha". I don't date any of these now (obviously). These social dogmas are very inchoate (with regards to the intended purpose).
    Like 2 People
  • OuLong
    I feel like this is well said but in my own opinion I feel like there are a lot more you can add to the list.
    In other words, the characteristics of certain people could never b just 6.
    Everyone is unique in there own way, someone could be all 6 of those things in certain moods. but the end of the story, yes, unity in not only men but humanity. Which will never happen but hey, good speech.
  • MarkRet
    I've been catching up on Deadwood lately, and here are some characters that fit these personalities: In the front is Swearingen (mean Alpha), Farnum (Delta who kisses up to Swearingen), and Tolliver (classier Alpha, but still mean). The two guys in the back are Merrick (another Delta) and Doc (an Omega).
  • Investigator
    This list in one sentence or less:
    Alpha: A real man's man, the kind of dude to mack all the honeys
    Beta: A man without "manhood"
    Omega: An Alpha who doesn't require validation or a social circle
    Delta: A leech that uses association to increase influence
    Sigma: An Alpha sans swagger but with ingenuity
    Gamma: What you get when no f*cks are given and you excel at nothing
  • Cammy137
    Interesting MyTake but I see no reason to believe that any of these roles exist within human societies. Terms like Alpha, Beta, and Omega are what we typically use for describing roles within an animal pack's hierarchy.
    I mean you would find that most people display traits across a number of these categorizations and that ultimately labelling them as one or the other would be dependent largely on any given situation.
    Disagree 3 People
  • Nexovous
    My point in life doesn't allow me much of a social life but I thrive off of it. Not too sure if I'm an alpha or an omega I guess. I'm quiet in most aspects and only speak up when the sinking shit can't take anymore bullshit. I don't think many people care to use these terms though yet alone try to attach the label to themselves. I'm just me.
  • ObscuredBeyond
    So... I'm pretty much Gamma-dominant, with a flavor of Omega and only Beta when it comes to treating women like royalty. Except, even then, only when I feel they haven't earned a spot on the shit list.

Seldom an effective leader and seldom a follower, always guarded and suspicious of others and their true intentions, anticipating the worst and seeking how to avoid it or defeat it.
  • Lunch_Long_Legacy
    Oh look, another expert psychologist barely out of high school😂. People will, sadly, read this article and take it as gospel. It's not this simple, by far. People change according to the situations they're placed in. You're an "Alpha" only when you're placed in a situation where you have the knowledge and confidence to lead. Every man and woman has this potential.
    Please stop telling people that their personality fits into one of six archetypes. It's an outdated practice that deters growth.
    Like 3 People
  • OlderAndWiser
    Classifying people into groups and then assuming that you understand their behavior on the basis of the group membership is called prejudice or stereotyping.
    Like 3 People
  • Chris4744
    The only people who believe in things like this are those with identity issues. No offense to anyone, but really, don’t buy this crap. It’s hollow and won’t help you to build/discover your identity in any meaningful/successful way.
    Like 1 Person
  • lilaqua
    damn I thought you were talking about mutants, but instead your generalising an entire gender.
    Like 6 People
    • iamnotkj

lol this is true. And you do like alpha males duhh

• lilaqua

@iamnotkj really, prove it?

• strawberrysouffle
    After reading this, you would have learned at most 6 Greek letters, and nothing about actual psychology or personalities.
    Like 4 People
  • Show More (201)