The 6 Personalities of Men: Alpha, Beta, Gamma, Omega, Delta, Sigma

Good evening gentleman, I am making this post to talk about the six different forms of men. The problem with our society is that people focus heavily on Alphas and Betas that they forget and ignore the other four or just lump the other four into Alphas or Betas. If we focused on all six, then maybe men wouldn't seem like they are either one or the other. Another thing I dislike is the constat fighting between Alphas and Betas, both should just get over their differences, because when you thin about it, they could both be friends. Now without any futher ado, let's dive in.

Alphas

The most common and most desires man, the leader of the pack, the most beautiful, high intelligent, high confident, and athletic. They are typically working high paying jobs or are heads of companies due to their dominant personalities. Are usually seen as the head of social gatherings and love being the center of attention (or attract attention so highly that they become the center). Alphas are also the ones who get the most female attention due to their genes and traits being the most desired in men. Alphas are well liked by almost everyone, and have an easy charm and swagger about their presence. Women are drawn to their charisma and presence and enjoy being social and having lots of people around. They are a natural leader

Beta

The second most common known personalities. Betas are commonly referred to as “manginas” and “women worshippers” they believe in putting women on a pedestal and treating them like Queens, something that Alphas typically disagree with. They typically avoid risks and “play safe” due to fear of consequences. Would rather work in an Alpha’s law firm, than create their owns. An unremarkable, careful man who avoids risk and confrontation. Beta males lack the physical presence, charisma and confidence of the Alpha male.

The problem is Betas aren’t women worshippers they are just extremely loyal, typically work high paying jobs and careers, work out, and focus on making themselves the perfect man. Betas can also be the perfect sidekicks or friends for Alphas, although they treat women like queens, they focus on self-improvement, making it a big part of their lives.

Omega

The polar opposite of the Alpha Male. Omega Males can have friends and close acquaintances but prefer to accomplish things on their own without the help of a group. Omega Males generally don't belong to any cliques and have no desire to be the leader or most outstanding of said clique. Omega Males have relations with people from all groups and carry a resourcefulness and cunning (sometimes strength) to get a job done with their own skill. This being said, an omega male can have great pride without it manifesting as "ego." (There are always exceptions for everything). Their careless nature is often perceived as laziness but it’s usually their personal belief that something isn’t worth their time.

An Alpha Male MUST absolutely be perceived by his peers as the toughest, most popular, and smartest. An Omega Male cares little for this recognition...but knows that he is all those things and more. Alpha males want the support of his "boys." This can be the foundation for many shallow and superficial relationships. An Omega Male needs support from time to time, but has few true friends who know him intimately and generally shuns shallow acquaintances. Two sides of the same coin....both being very effective in accomplishing goals. The Omega male is the ascended, Alpha male with an “I don’t give a fuck” attitude. Doesn’t care about status but cares more about self-achievement and avoids pack mentality.

Delta

Males who usually hang under Alphas and Omega males with the hope of leeching off their popularity to gain success. They hope by being friends with the two strongest males they will have more power and influence over Betas and other lower males. Delta males tend to be weak not only in physique, but also in mental capacity. Deltas don’t focus on self-improvement but focus on simply “gaining” by simply associating with stronger men. Survive and thrive off of pack mentality, are the weakest type of men alive. Thrive by lying, being deceitful, spreading rumors and typically attack other men in order to gain approval from women, the true white knights and followers in society. Are supremely arrogant about their own intelligence and abilities and spend their time insulting others while never actually taking any risks of trying to live life to the fullest.

Sigma

The true manipulative masterminds. A spider waiting to lay a trap, the sigma possesses a cunning, intuitive mind and can sway people to their will. They don't have the casual swagger of the alpha or the omega but they do have a clever presence about themselves and people tend to be both wary and respect them for that. They can often be even more powerful than the alpha or the omega male in social situations due to their ability to persuade and manipulate them. Sigma are neither a follower or a leader but rather a wild card. The outsider who doesn’t play the social game and manage to win at it anyhow.

I’ve found that sigmas and Alphas usually work out to be excellent friends because the Alpha never feels that his social dominance is threatened by the sigma. The Sigma is an alpha-like character that the Alpha can connect with, but never fear his own status being undone. Everyone else is vaguely confused by them. In a social situation, the sigma is the man who stops in briefly to say hello to a few friends accompanied by a Tier 1 girl that no one has ever seen before. Sigmas like women, but tend to be contemptuous of them. They are usually considered to be strange. Gammas often like to think they are sigmas, failing to understand that sigmas are not social outcasts; they are at the top of the social hierarchy despite their refusal to play by its rules.

Gamma

Typically the outsider of society, they aren’t really special and instead are sort of invisible…despite this they focus solely on improving themselves and finding happiness in the things they do whether it be video games, a good career, marriage, etc. Gammas are typically average across all lines in physical appearance, wealth, status strength, and intelligence, sort of like some sort of Jack-Of-All Trades in terms of averageness. This might be seen as weaknesses but remember; because they are basically average at everything they don’t seem to lack anything and this could make them a good average Joe type of friend. They are typically hermits or outcasts of society.

And these are the six main personalities of men. The reason that you should know all six is because knowledge is power. It can allow you to understand the behavior and thoughts of other men, and it could also help you change the person you currently are if unsatisfied. Your personality isn’t set in stone, you can be a Alpha today and become a Gamma tomorrow or be a beta and become a Sigma. The point of this is personal growth.

Another thing I want to see stop is the constant Alpha v.s. Beta mentality that constantly goes on between men. One isn’t more important than the other. A alpha is nothing without loyal servants just like loyal servants are nothing without a leader. Both should try to work together instead of spending their time fighting and attacking each other. We are all men, we should join together in a brotherhood, we should respect our brother’s differences, not try to tear them down. Thank you for the time and have a lovely, productive day.

45122

Most Helpful Guys

• I'm a mix of all of these but, my military experience gives me a bit of an Alpha tendency at times.

When forced to be in a group, I will take the leadership role when a leader isn't present. But, I'm happy to ride shotgun with a good leader and will follow him into hell or battle.

At the same time, I am one to aggressively butt heads with a shitty leader and will quickly take over from him.

The US Army showed me what true leadership really is. In spite of the fact that many of the men whom the Army considers to be great leaders are actually extremely shitty leaders without the brains to be leaders.

When forced to be a leader, I seek council from all of my followers. Even the stupid ones. I try to view a given scenario from all angles and attempt to take the best path to complete the mission with minimal casualties.

In social settings, I make it my job to help everyone in my group have a good time. Even in the presence of a great social leader. I guess you could say I take second command. I find that the best Alphas seek me out in these situations because I provide the best supporting leadership role.

However, they being said, the older I get, the more I shun group settings and society as a whole. I am far happier and more successful as a lone wolf. I do my own thing, seeking to complete my tasks and improve myself.
    When I'm at work and I complete my tasks, I have no problem jumping in elsewhere and lending a hand. But, I would prefer my boss to give me an additional task to complete on my own. And I fucking despise people who depend on me to pick up their slack. You don't ask the place kicker to throw a touchdown pass. You don't ask the pitcher to catch a fly ball to left field. I hate that shit.

Of all the types of males here, I am the least like a beta. I will only follow a great leader and I will openly challenge any leader who is less than great. I will seek to overthrow him. With hostility and aggression if necessary.

I'm not a simp, White Knight, or woman worshipper either. Men are the leaders of the world. Not women. And NOBODY should be worshipped.

Oh, and I'll straight up stab you in the back when absolutely necessary. Ruthlessly, too. I am all about self-preservation and I'll be damned if I'm going down with you. Fuck you. I'm run your ass the fuck over and keep on going.

We're all out for ourselves. Some of us just openly admit it while the snakes deny it.

I got your 6 but, you'd better have one eye in the back of your head.

Most Helpful Girls

• Thinks for explaining this. But one thing I will say is that all that is a made-up social construct. Not from you, but whoever came up with that garbage. Men are men and women are women, and whoever else in-between. It doesn't matter who is able to do this or do that. Every body is capable of doing them and nobody is innocent. And I honestly don't want anything to do with men who thinks like that, no matter how 'desirable/less' they are to other women. A lot of them that do, don't have personality and have an underdeveloped character. And I am not attracted to that, let alone looks. I care about the heart, not their garbage. And a waste of my time. Overall, like I said before, thanks for sharing. And it is quite informative.

• "But one thing I will say is that all that is a made-up social construct. "
      murder is a social construct to...
      "Not from you, but whoever came up with that garbage."
      How is it garbage? It's literally just describing six different behavior patterns of men. Also, this doesn't imply that only one type of man is capable of being innocent. No matter which of the six a man is, he still has personality and his own character, this was just something to describe all six.

• *this goes to the original commenter and all people agreeing. 100% kudos.

• These male classifications along with the general understanding that "eggs are precious, sperm is plentiful" do more to explain the dynamics of the dating market than anything else out there.

Choose to deny or not believe for your own perial.

• Alpha - Enterprising and outgoing, his pre-marital relationships tend to be very brief. Women do not get much comfort or support from a typical Alpha male; and the women who cheat on their non-Alpha partners usually do so by having affairs with Alpha men, like James Bond.

• Statistically demonstrated the cheating part is accurate. Very often this happens in marriages where the women settle for the stability of a beta but deep down inside desire an Alpha. When an Alpha male opportunity presents itself, they are down to cheat.

• I'm sigma i guess, i'm laid back and do what's neccesary more i won't do unless it's benefitial, i don't follow i usually lead when in groups.

Join the discussion

43120
  • If we're gonna categorize men into small boxes like this I would say alphas are really undesirable to me... they're overrated and nothing unique and care way too much about unimportant things and are usually too arrogant for my tastes. I'm not attracted to wealth or conventionally good looks. Men who fall into the gamma category appeal to me more because they're easier to relate and talk to. They're not out to impress anyone. They're just themselves and that's attractive to me.

• You dudes really shouldn’t place yourselves in these ridiculous categories...

• Sounds great and everything, but it's all made up.

The whole wolf pack thing has been debunked years ago, even the scientists who first coined the terms for humans abandoned it again eventually.

• I agree but they still use them as far as college sororities go.. I'm not sure why if scientist have debunked it

• @VibrantVirgo Same reason why people generally don't care about whether something is scientifically accurate or not - if it fits their already existing biases and opinions, they will stick to it, no matter what, and will even go so far to deny the actual science. You can observe this in all sorts of topics - from vaccines to climate change, and so on.

• Very true, same with religion.

• This is stupid :) literally. I mean maybe it made sense when i was 14 but now i realize life is way bigger than knowing if im alpha or gamma male (funny names btw)

• My point in life doesn't allow me much of a social life but I thrive off of it. Not too sure if I'm an alpha or an omega I guess. I'm quiet in most aspects and only speak up when the sinking shit can't take anymore bullshit. I don't think many people care to use these terms though yet alone try to attach the label to themselves. I'm just me.

• 5d

This list in one sentence or less:
    Alpha: A real man's man, the kind of dude to mack all the honeys
    Beta: A man without "manhood"
    Omega: An Alpha who doesn't require validation or a social circle
    Delta: A leech that uses association to increase influence
    Sigma: An Alpha sans swagger but with ingenuity
    Gamma: What you get when no f*cks are given and you excel at nothing

• I'm fascinated with psychology and this post got my attention. If this is true and there are real, honest research and sources behind this, I'd like to see it. If this is accurate, I'd be a mixture of Omega and Gamma.

• I didn't realize that there was more than just alpha or beta. I think that many men seem to fall into either of the two categories but thank you for the different perspective. I will keep it in mind. :-)

• After reading this, you would have learned at most 6 Greek letters, and nothing about actual psychology or personalities.

• Can you provide the link from Pub Med Central (legit) not PubMed (corrupted search engine) which is just a sloppy search engine for articles that anyone can upload even a teenager. PMC research, this would be research that is peer reviewed, then presented to a Board for a second review for accuracy.

• If I had to classify myself, I'd say I'm primarily an omega with some traits from gamma. I definitely hate relying on others in any aspect of life, I'm very selective with my friends and social circle, but I'm also kind of invisible to most because I stay off the radar most of the time and am not very responsive.

This was definitely an interesting post. Thanks for sharing.

• Interesting MyTake but I see no reason to believe that any of these roles exist within human societies. Terms like Alpha, Beta, and Omega are what we typically use for describing roles within an animal pack's hierarchy.
    I mean you would find that most people display traits across a number of these categorizations and that ultimately labelling them as one or the other would be dependent largely on any given situation.

• So... I'm pretty much Gamma-dominant, with a flavor of Omega and only Beta when it comes to treating women like royalty. Except, even then, only when I feel they haven't earned a spot on the shit list.

Seldom an effective leader and seldom a follower, always guarded and suspicious of others and their true intentions, anticipating the worst and seeking how to avoid it or defeat it.

• Personally I think this is all rubbish - ALPHA the most desired, I would rather stick a hot poker in my eye than be described as ALPHA - Anyone who tells you they are alpha are usually insufferable bores and assholes with the personality of a wet paper bag

• There is only Alpha and Beta. The rest of all this is gobbledy-gook. :)
    Your pink MOH was a very good comment. But she missed the part about wanting to see plenty of $$ in her choice for a man. LOL She said 'heart'. pfft. Guys are simply just not like girls. Period.

• Classifying people into groups and then assuming that you understand their behavior on the basis of the group membership is called prejudice or stereotyping.

• damn I thought you were talking about mutants, but instead your generalising an entire gender.

• While I'm not leagues older than the asker, am I really supposed to take a recent high school graduate's analysis on different kinds of MEN seriously? The asker's barely a man himself at this age, and it really shows - none of these confused stereotypes really exist much beyond high school/college, because after edu, you lose the time to be a social high-rider, especially if you live in a less than affordable housing market.

The alpha one is particularly funny, since it's conflating regular college socialites with mystical gods among men - the master of all trades - Bruce Wayne. Like… what? It makes the whole post sound pretty incelly lol.

Seriously though, company heads are often more apathetic and manipulative than the average person, which is because they need to be in order to rake in as much cash as possible, which is exactly why they got there in the first place. It has little to do with how "alpha" they are.

• I'd like to stop seeing this pseudopsychologicalmumbojumbo, but here we are.
    Awesome series though, The Seven Realms that is. Have you read all of them yet? I really wish she'd revisit them, give us a fifth book.

• Fun pastime, I guess. Didn't know there were six, they'll come up with a few more shortly, I'm sure. The sigma somewhat hits close to home, but I'm not contemptuous of women neither do I bear ill will toward others, by default at least. I don't play by the rules, that's true and I have an extremely (un) healthy tendency toward being sarcastic and a smartass.

• Flouxa-Male.
    These individuals are easily recognized by their crippling depression and addiction to social media. In appearance they are skinny enough to easily hide behind a bamboo tree, making them excellent at hiding from pandas. Another one of their defining characteristics is their strange obsession with dolphins.

• Alpha, Beta, Delta, Gamma, Omega, Sigma?

I legit know (and used) the mathematical notations for all these. lol

As for "types" of men? This is dumb. When I see and read men. They all mostly come down to just "Alpha" and "Beta". In the past, I dated both these "types". I even dated a "Beta" that tried to act like an "Alpha". I don't date any of these now (obviously). These social dogmas are very inchoate (with regards to the intended purpose).

• I see how this might be helpfully in a general sense, but it seems too limiting. According to this I am the Alpha of my company, a Delta with certain clients, and pretty much an Omega in my personal life. I suspect a lot of men probably have cross definitions depending upon the specifics of the situation.

• No, you are wrong. Betas are the nice guys, who great women way too nicely to compensate for the lack of other things and alphas are the ones that treat them nicely because they love the woman and want to make her happy.

• Alphamales dont typically treat women nicely. Its rare. My cousin is one and my brother was too. They were always with a different girl every 3 weeks because women naturally love them so they dont need to treat them nice.

• @IDKCanYouHelp no... those are not alphas... those are players... alphas like the chase, not to be chased, when you go with another girl every 3 weeks it means that you settle for whatever is around and catches your eyes, which is not an alpha trait because they only settle for the best.

• Categories are needed in a wider sense but when you go too far it becomes silly.

Personality traits define people better.

Want a more precise category use people's names.

Names are the most precise category there is.

Instead of, here is my friend he is a beta male who is alphabetsexual.

Use, here is Steve he is a bit introverted but friendly.

• You do realize this whole alpha beta omega and so on is all bullshit right. You have to go by a person’s personality to know if you click with them or not. Me i just dont give a fuck enough to care what people think. If they want to hang then fine if not fuck ‘em. The only opinion that matters to me are my own and my girl demi everyone else can fuck off

• Bro why even miss out on theta while we are at it?

Bring in the whole Greek alphabet, yup.

Seriously though, good post but these things don't bother me at all.

• Well, in my honest opinion, the people who thought that labeling men with letters from Greek alphabet had too much time on their hands and didn't know of a better and smarter way to spend it.

• I have heard about these alphas, seems to be interresting but i am actually ultra, maybe you haven't heard about it, ultra are the most extreme ones, i have a burning desire of extreme dedication, i love to suffer to death in order to bring the best of me and leave the world a better place that i have found it.

• The thing is, most of these terms originate from a serious scientific domain but, like a lot of scientific terms, they have been used by idiots who know nothing about science beyond 1+1=2 so they stripped these terms of their original meaning to make them fit their own ideas/agenda...

Just by reading the first paragraph, I can already tell you taking part into this idiocy so your take only maintains these stupid misconceptions.

• all this labeling game is bullshit. grow a pair, in every case if you do a woman will appreciate that. i said a woman, tho. not a mind fucked girl playing mind fucking games

• So what is the reason for a long term wife to cheat not with an alpha, but with someone who is mentally and physically inferior? Pity fuck after not really caring about the husband I guess lol.

• I want to cough sand into your nose. Does that make me a alpha-tron sexual? Oh, when do I get my transformer name and the talking yellow car.

Alphagamma JewTron over and out!

• For god's sake these generalisations...

In my very honest opinions, I think humans ned to het rid of these categories, these are all a result of dysfunctional societal structure and what I say non-egalitarian values and beliefs.

• I don't think any of these applies to reality, people change all the time. The male social hierarchy concept comes from animals. We humans are much more complex. This is just like the horoscope in my opinion

• This is all made up buzz feed bullshit. Honestly this reminds of people calling themselves "emo" and believing it's a real personality.

• Uh.. I don't know what I am out of these. I guess a cross between an Omega and a gamma, with the worst parts of each?

These don't exactly make sense to me. So probably not an Omega at all, lol.

• I think it needs a little more detail. Not to mention, most people label Omegas as being pathetic losers, while you seem to have assigned that label to Betas.

• I never really cared for these labels, because I find that most people who use this are often fuckboys, and tends to group nice guys with passive-aggressive behavior.

• 😂😂😂😂😂😂
    Man! You are really making life even more complicated!
    I see many people who are mix of one or other few based on time and situation!
    You are really making things which barely exist!

• Stereotyping people in all this alpha , beta bullshit its not true
    u can't stereotype other people character , personality , traits and so on
    Everyone is differentin their own special way there is no such thing as u are telling here
    When someone is succesfull in life by luck u assume its alpha male
    Some people were born tall attractive and generally in a good family , where the parents got the $$$ , and they helped their son with connections they have to achieve this things /being succesfull
    Like come on are u blind or what , most people are not that lucky
    thats why there is so little alpha males (how u describe them) in society because these are super rare circumstances that occured in order for them to be this kind of person
    Like winning the genes lottery ( tall, handsome , intimidating , stubble , blue eyes etc)
    Wealthy parents , their connections/friends

I can go on and on but u get my point
    Same thing applies to girls

• All these types seem disgusting to me, the way you described them. I guess omega seems best and it reminds me of my boyfriend.

• I am a beta if you go by what this says. Another description I was an alpha. Either way, the betas are far superior as far as I am concerned.

• this site is for questions and answers not fricking articles, u think your some kindof internet journalist, get a life

• And at the very bottom you have the antifa male, who is hardly even a male.

• To me all this labeling is unnecessary and then it just groups men into a persona were we begin to think "all alphas are the same" or "all omegas are intelligent". I don't know - its like the zodiac signs. Yeah, we can use that stuff to describe for fun - but if we wanna talk ACTUAL personality traits, I would use something more reliable like myers briggs or something -which is still kinda useless in the real world.
    At the end of the day, a good guy is a good guy, a bad guy is a bad guy. As long as I can distinguish between the two I dont care if he's alpha or omega or whatever.

• Why do you feel like you have to categorize people into boxes? I'm pretty sure almost no one sees it this way and those who do are shallow and insecure.

• i wouldn't advise women to immediately label guys when they first meet them like this.

• I feel like I'm a mix of both omega and gamma but I probably lean more towards omega due to my laid back attitude and carelessness.

Show More
113