Extremely Vivid and Lucid Dreams

Yaaten

I've often heard it said that, for most people, the dreams they have usually take on a rather fantastical, abstract nature. People describe being chased, flying through the air like Superman, or walking through walls - but that's not the case for me.

Nope, the dreams I have are completely different. They're real. Or at least, they resemble reality with all the fidelity of an exact copy, a duplicate reality that exists somewhere, somehow. I meet people over there I've never met before, but who interact with me as though they know everything about me, as though I actually DO know them. I experience full 3D colour, stereo sound, taste, touch and smell. The very same laws of physics apply, and although I often don't know what, exactly, is going on or what it all means, I nevertheless can understand the basic structure, the patterns that develop.

Is any of this unusual? Are there others who have had the same experiences? Could any of it actually be real, or based on something that is? I never receive important "messages" of any kind, it's always just like any other day in the "real" world (the word "real" is in inverted commas, because I have very good reasons to believe that what we think of as being real, actually isn't, but that's another post for another day).

Extremely Vivid and Lucid Dreams
Extremely Vivid and Lucid Dreams
4
4

Most Helpful Guy

• jgibsonian1986
    For the past 2 years I have been dreaming of having an alternate life in a city I've never seen. I go places in my car every night, and see the infestructure of the area.
    Is this still revelant?
    • Yaaten

I sometimes wish I could stay in some of the alternative realities I visit, and not wake up to this one every morning. Wouldn't it be something if, at the moment of death, we come to the realisation that this reality, the one we all have in common and take for granted, was just a very lucid dream we couldn't get out of, and that the true reality was on the proverbial other side.

• I see it as something like this. in my opinion this life is an oppertunity to grow your spirit, and make mistakes. Forgiveness is there, and once it's taken your judged on your actions of good, not evil.

Most Helpful Girl

• Anonymous
    I don’t think it’s unusual. I’ve had dreams like that like I dream about a part of what’s going to happen the next day.
    Is this still revelant?

Scroll Down to Read Other Opinions

33
  • AmandaYVR
    I know what you mean. I was just talking about dreams with my girl friend this morning. Me and her boyfriend would both like to stop dreaming sometimes. We seem to be fairly plagued these realistic, why-can't-this-yet-be-resolved kind of stuff. He asked his doctor if there was something he could take pharmaceutically to knock him out. "Nope, 'fraid not" was the reply. Cannabis works great for this, but he's not interested in taking the amount he would have to, to achieve that. I liked my Ambien dreams. They were less bound by laws of physics, etc.
    I'm not sure that my dreams are quite as realistic as yours. I tend to feel that I am filling in smell, etc. And I do sometimes get to experience otherworldly situations, once in a while. But for the most part, I do think people fall into two camps about this - the realists and the fantasizers.
    My stepfather was a psychiatrist and our house was always filled with books. In our lvrm there were some on dream analysis (Freud and all that symbolism stuff, for instance.) I read some of them, and discussed with my stepfather. As a teenager, I was interested in that symbolism. There could be some level of carryover, sure; but for the most part, I don't take it too seriously. I subscribe to the 'dreams are a way of the brain processing events of the day, and attempting to file these fleeting, and permanent, images and ideas. The mind strings them together a bit like a story.' That covers most of them. But there are unresolved issues in everyone's life. In fact, even when I resolve one of them (such as finding housing that I am happy enough with), I feel it's very inefficient to then keep dreaming about having to look for housing. It annoys the bleep out of me. Purposeless. And there is no way for me to go back to previous jobs, decades ago, and do them better. What a waste. It's a plague, I think. I'm not a great sleeper. I miss Ambien.
  • PBandJ_Nerd
    I'm a clairvoyant dreamer so I have pretty vivid dreams and can remember most. It's pretty normal. But it also shows that you're pretty relaxed and have your mind open to lots of things. I didn't dream last night though because I could hardly sleep for some reason.
  • CurlyGirl42
    Dreams are mainly to process things that went on in everyday life so many dreams are probably plain and kinda boring to most and that might be why these are not remembered and being shared to others. So I think there is a bias of what you have heard other people tell..
    I remember at least a dream every night and have mostly realistic dreams. Maybe not life in the current form I live in, but at least not supernatural things going on. I believe some people have more livid dreams than others, or again are just better at remembering details so it feels more 'real', but it is not that unusual I think.
  • israelisevil
    try mugwart its a herb found on side road in most of america if you put it in your pillow and go bed you'll have lucid dreams
    • Yaaten

I don't live in America.

• Twenty2
    I don't remember normal dreams much but only one dream was very real and I died in that dream and I had that dream twice.
    • Yaaten

That sounds... inauspicious. Like an omen.

• Yaaten

No, I shouldn't say that. It's a shame we can't delete comments we made here at GAG.

• Twenty2

I died protecting a girl and sadly, I know that girl irl but had forgotten her and surprisingly that year she transferred to my class and I was creeped out as fuck and maintained my fair distance. This dream if I am correct was part two of a sex dream I had when I was a kid where I was fucking this girl. This is the only weird dream that I had and still am afraid of.

• msc545
    You are just having very vivid dreams. Nothing unusual or special about that as it happens to many people.